You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

7 hours ago, Harry's Lad said:

Thanks mate.

We have to get ours groomed every 6 weeks otherwise it gets unmanageable. 

My Mrs has to brush her at least twice a day or her coat mats and she has to get scalped.

Expensive dogs to maintain.

Monty has more Cocker like than poodle hair, fortunately. He has a brush once a day and we've taken to cutting and grooming ourselves during lockdown and have got pretty good at it. He still gets mats like, the scruffy bastard.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My boy dog snapped his cruciate ligament in the summer, necessitating TPLO surgery. He’s a fucking mentalist at the best of times. One of the surgeons said she was watching him while in their care and he worked out how to get out of any cone they put him in virtually straight away each time. He’s relentless, a right clever little fucker and being locked up all day for 8 weeks is driving him mad. In her words “This is an intellectual problem for him, it’s just too boring for his intelligence”. He has already shed one collar in the night, got at his wound and ended up back in there with an infection. Anyway, the only thing working so far is putting him in a doughnut colour, 2 cones and a crate he can barely move around in. He looks like he’s wearing a spit hood in just one of them. 

D1619B48-D6C6-4AF6-91A2-170255D9FB59.jpeg

This is the full combo required to stop him from fucking Houdini-ing out of it and doing himself another mischief.

8F627BD9-7928-448A-952A-AD76BC4DD4E9.jpeg

My mate’s dog did cruciates on both sides last year, TPLO surgery each time, so they’re veterans of the aftercare. Was just talking to his wife about it and she sent me this of what they ultimately had to put him in. Absolutely pissing myself. Like dog S&M. Look at his fucking face. Pure indignation.

6E656A64-0C7B-415A-AC25-90DE8B47179A.jpeg

• Upvote 9

1 hour ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

Pebbles 8 months old now. She doesn't seem to be getting much bigger and is weighing in at 3.2kg. She's having her first heat at the minute so is currently in one of 3 states; licking her vulva, sleeping or being fucking mental. 

IMG_20201022_194212.jpg

IMG-20201021-WA0002.jpg

IMG-20201021-WA0003.jpg

IMG_20201022_200116.jpg

She's lovely mate.

I've had dogs all my life and couldn't be without one. Everything you do for them gets repaid tenfold.

Incredible animals.

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...

We woke up to a thick covering of snow this morning. Monty has only ever seen a light dusting before and didn't know what to make of it. Two steps out of the door and he was excited beyond belief and had an amazing time at the park. We were there so early that there was hardly anyone else about. Bliss.

20201229_085512.jpg

20201229_085607.jpg

20201229_091037.jpg

20201229_094025.jpg

• Upvote 5

• 2 weeks later...

How often does everyone feed their pooches? 

Pebbles was twice a day but she's recently been turning down food in the mornings. Our routine is a bit strange at the minute as we're all in work/school different days so it might just be an autistic dog thing. 

We've switched to just one meal in the evening which she eats most of. We're on the Tails.com and I've always thought their suggested portion was big for a dog her size and she's under 4kg.  

Our vets said she should ideally be fed twice a day but one is fine if she eats it. I just feel sly with her waiting 24 hours for her dinner. 

7 minutes ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

How often does everyone feed their pooches? 

Pebbles was twice a day but she's recently been turning down food in the mornings. Our routine is a bit strange at the minute as we're all in work/school different days so it might just be an autistic dog thing. 

We've switched to just one meal in the evening which she eats most of. We're on the Tails.com and I've always thought their suggested portion was big for a dog her size and she's under 4kg.  

Our vets said she should ideally be fed twice a day but one is fine if she eats it. I just feel sly with her waiting 24 hours for her dinner. 

Can she eat kibble or dry food? My sister's family tends to leave dry food and water if the family has to leave the dog to go out to work and school.

1 minute ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Can she eat kibble or dry food? My sister's family tends to leave dry food and water if the family has to leave the dog to go out to work and school.

Its a bit of both. She had kibble in the morning and kibble mixed with wet food in the evenings. She's just shy of 1 and the last few weeks she's not interested in the morning. 

I feed mine three times a day. I know when they're out of the puppy stage they say to increase the portions whilst reducing the frequency of meals, but it seems to suit him well. He has never destroyed anything inside our out but I wouldn't feed him once a day for fear of having nothing left unchewed. I don't see the problem with two smaller meals Paulie, but if she seems happy with one, what works, works. We tend to mix and match ours so he doesn't have the same food all the time.

We're a bit ad-hoc in how we feed Monty. We don't feed him an hour either side of walks which means he tends to get something mid-morning and then early evening but sometimes he's not hungry or he's had too many training snacks through the day. Like you Paulie, we tend to give him a good quality kibble mixed with some cooked meat and vegetables. He's 20 months now and a bit more used to the routine but he was a bit fussy at around 1 year old; there were definitely spells when I thought he wasn't eating enough and was getting a bit skinny. We also tend to change flavour of kibble, from the same brand, with each bag which I think helps with keeping his interest in it.