You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

We managed to get Pebbles a day earlier. She's been home since 4 and has done nothing but eat a bit of kibble, sleep in her crate and some cuddles. No drink and no toilet yet. Poor thing is so nervous and scared. I'll take some photos when she's more active but today we're just letting her chill. It's absolute love at first sight with us all though 

Here she is covered in spiderwebs from running behind a plant pot in our yard. 

IMG_20200508_193541.jpg

• Upvote 6

4 hours ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

We managed to get Pebbles a day earlier. She's been home since 4 and has done nothing but eat a bit of kibble, sleep in her crate and some cuddles. No drink and no toilet yet. Poor thing is so nervous and scared. I'll take some photos when she's more active but today we're just letting her chill. It's absolute love at first sight with us all though 

Here she is covered in spiderwebs from running behind a plant pot in our yard. 

IMG_20200508_193541.jpg

She looks absolutely adorable mate and a little overwhelmed. Wife worked in an animal shelter as a behaviorist so she used to bring the ones who struggled in kennels home so we could help them to adjust before rehoming (they did not all go to homes hence why we eneded up with 12 at one point). Trust me, with time she will rule the roost and you will all become her servants, quite rightly so.

7 minutes ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

First night done. She did a poo at about 11. Some crying at midnight we ignored and she went back to sleep. Some more about 3, we let her out for a bit. Woke at 6.30 and had a wee half inside, half outside. Had some cuddles an is now back in her crate sleeping. What a life. 

Sounds like a normal Friday night for me.

Pupdate: Slept from 12:30 to 5 today.  Some whining from about 11:30 until she fell asleep.  Has had a wee and a poo outside today, the poo she took herself after I left the door open.  She's also eaten more this morning than she has all together in the 36 hours we've had her.  We had partitioned her crate with a big piece of cardboard to try and make it a bit smaller and cosy for her but last night she figured out she could dig into the partition so that's gone and, although she looks tiny in it, she's liking the extra space.

A bit of playing with a rope toy this morning and now she's absolutely shattered so is kipping. 

IMG_20200509_142638.jpg

• Upvote 3

• 4 weeks later...

Pebbles Dangerously has now settled in and is a little queen. 

Proper cheeky and mischievous now. Socks, shoes and any organic matter is not safe from her grasp.  Makes MrsD up at 6 every day for a tom tit then sleeps until 8. She's struggled with kibble so we've moved her to butternut box which a vet recommended wet food (have code if anyone wants it). I didn't really want her on wet food but she's loving it, feeding well so can't complain. She's getting a puppy groom next week as she has hairy feet which she likes to get shit matted into and her nails could cut glass. 

I've been really worried about KidD and her lack of interaction with other kids, and basically anyone other than us, but she's impressed us so much with her attitude and maturity. She wants to do everything for Pebbles and it's adorable. They're best mates already.  

IMG_20200524_150629.jpg

IMG_20200602_195614.jpg

IMG_20200527_162948_249.jpg

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

Pebbles Dangerously has now settled in and is a little queen. 

Proper cheeky and mischievous now. Socks, shoes and any organic matter is not safe from her grasp.  Makes MrsD up at 6 every day for a tom tit then sleeps until 8. She's struggled with kibble so we've moved her to butternut box which a vet recommended wet food (have code if anyone wants it). I didn't really want her on wet food but she's loving it, feeding well so can't complain. She's getting a puppy groom next week as she has hairy feet which she likes to get shit matted into and her nails could cut glass. 

I've been really worried about KidD and her lack of interaction with other kids, and basically anyone other than us, but she's impressed us so much with her attitude and maturity. She wants to do everything for Pebbles and it's adorable. They're best mates already.  

IMG_20200524_150629.jpg

IMG_20200602_195614.jpg

IMG_20200527_162948_249.jpg

The bottom has her saying to Paulie D 'I dont watch you shit so give me some privacy please.'

Guest Pistonbroke

What a shit day. Our dog who is 9 and a half but fit as a fiddle is really poorly. Woke up this morning fine and went for her walk, ate something and then had a nap. She then woke up and started puking everywhere and walking sideways like she was drunk, head lopsided and carried on puking due to dizziness. Rushed her to the Vets who gave her a check up and an injection. Looks like she's got this Vestibular syndrome which older cats and dogs get. Got a load of tablets and now she can't even stand up, just moves in circles as she attempts to do so and pisses in lying. Not eating but we are getting fluids into her via a spray bottle. Just a case of given her the medication, loads of rest/TLC and hoping she can pull through which quite a few pets do after a 3-7 day period, some take months thereafter to rehabilitate and learn to walk properly or to do so with a slight head slant etc. Obviously quite a few don't make it and this is fucking heartbreaking to witness, fingers crossed. 

7 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

What a shit day. Our dog who is 9 and a half but fit as a fiddle is really poorly. Woke up this morning fine and went for her walk, ate something and then had a nap. She then woke up and started puking everywhere and walking sideways like she was drunk, head lopsided and carried on puking due to dizziness. Rushed her to the Vets who gave her a check up and an injection. Looks like she's got this Vestibular syndrome which older cats and dogs get. Got a load of tablets and now she can't even stand up, just moves in circles as she attempts to do so and pisses in lying. Not eating but we are getting fluids into her via a spray bottle. Just a case of given her the medication, loads of rest/TLC and hoping she can pull through which quite a few pets do after a 3-7 day period, some take months thereafter to rehabilitate and learn to walk properly or to do so with a slight head slant etc. Obviously quite a few don't make it and this is fucking heartbreaking to witness, fingers crossed. 

Awful mate. Fingers crossed she gets better 

Guest Pistonbroke
18 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Awful mate. Fingers crossed she gets better 

She's a lot better today after the medication has kicked in and a good nights sleep. She's drinking from her bowl and taking in food from the hand. She can also stand up and walk a bit in the garden, but still very wobbly and is walking sideways a bit, struggles to lift her feet and move her legs forward properly. Sleeping loads and at least the puking and urinating whilst lying down has ceased. Classic Vestibular Syndrome and the fact she has made so much progress after only one day is encouraging and a massive relief. Still looking at me with those eyes as if to say 'What the fuck is going on with me.' Some very well documented videos on YouTube where dog owners have videoed their own dogs cases with length of time and the after affects if any, very reassuring as the Vets are wank and apart from the tablets and diagnosis they just want to make more money off you by suggesting CT scans/X-Rays etc. Thankfully my mates partner is a Vet and she was straight on the blower to give us free advice. 

23 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

She's a lot better today after the medication has kicked in and a good nights sleep. She's drinking from her bowl and taking in food from the hand. She can also stand up and walk a bit in the garden, but still very wobbly and is walking sideways a bit, struggles to lift her feet and move her legs forward properly. Sleeping loads and at least the puking and urinating whilst lying down has ceased. Classic Vestibular Syndrome and the fact she has made so much progress after only one day is encouraging and a massive relief. Still looking at me with those eyes as if to say 'What the fuck is going on with me.' Some very well documented videos on YouTube where dog owners have videoed their own dogs cases with length of time and the after affects if any, very reassuring as the Vets are wank and apart from the tablets and diagnosis they just want to make more money off you by suggesting CT scans/X-Rays etc. Thankfully my mates partner is a Vet and she was straight on the blower to give us free advice. 

That’s fantastic news. Hope she continues to improve.  Animals are awesome. Much better than humans.

35 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

Nice one mate sounds like she's on the mend. She'll be pissing in your slippers again in no time. 

Guest Pistonbroke
15 minutes ago, Pete said:

That’s fantastic news. Hope she continues to improve.  Animals are awesome. Much better than humans.

4 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Nice one mate sounds like she's on the mend. She'll be pissing in your slippers again in no time. 

Cheers lads. I know as a pet owner we know that illnesses and lifespan means we'll see them suffer at times and pass on, but it never gets any easier. Just glad she's improving and massively thankful to my mates partner for all her advice and reassuring info/tips. I checked an online vet/chemist we use and I found the same tablets for a cheaper price and twice as many, exactly the same tablet from the same firm. (Karsivan 50mg from Intervet Germany). The large Vet practices over here are a right rip off, but you have to use them for certain things like emergencies. They always say 'We can do this test and that' yet most of the time they aren't necessary. The fuckers charged us 22€ for 30 tablets, I just paid 18.95€ for 60! 

Glad she's on the mend, P.

Monty recently turned 1 and is enjoying having the two of us at home so often. I've enjoyed the daily leisurely walks and will be doing everything I can to make sure that I'm working from home more often to hang out with him in the future. The little knobhead.

Here he is making a mess of my home office space (yes that rug is filthy/worn, it isn't made to take a wheely chair):

20200605_133555.jpg

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Karl_b said:

Glad she's on the mend, P.

Monty recently turned 1 and is enjoying having the two of us at home so often. I've enjoyed the daily leisurely walks and will be doing everything I can to make sure that I'm working from home more often to hang out with him in the future. The little knobhead.

Here he is making a mess of my home office space (yes that rug is filthy/worn, it isn't made to take a wheely chair):

20200605_133555.jpg

He looks like an absolute belter mate. Reminds me of the dog off the flash advert.