You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

8 hours ago, Karl_b said:

Beautiful dog Scott. How's she doing and coping with lockdown?

Our knobhead is 1 in 2 weeks and we're making lots of progress through the difficult adolescent phase. There have been some really trying moments where I'd have happily given him up but I'd miss the stupid little bastard too much.

Here he is refusing to let me get back to work until he's had a tummy rub, in his favourite hiding place and being a bit of a poser.

20200429_112326.jpg

20200423_202230.jpg

20200412_140239.jpg

Little cracker him mate. Is he a cockapoo? We have a brown one who’s 4, but due to hating being groomed is a lot more unkempt than yours. 

5 hours ago, belarus said:

Little cracker him mate. Is he a cockapoo? We have a brown one who’s 4, but due to hating being groomed is a lot more unkempt than yours. 

He is mate. He's quite good at being groomed, the wife brushes him regularly and he doesn't mind us clipping him. His hair is more cocker than poodle, which makes it easier to groom.

He doesn't always look that tidy though:

20200317_091104.jpg

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Karl_b said:

He is mate. He's quite good at being groomed, the wife brushes him regularly and he doesn't mind us clipping him. His hair is more cocker than poodle, which makes it easier to groom.

20200317_091104.jpg

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Karl_b said:

20200317_091104.jpg

He’s ace mate. Ours is more cocker too. Here’s a recent one of him...

DF8EFEF9-2B4B-4188-98BA-04A5A4A02DEB.jpeg

ACE80988-6F87-4FAB-8BFB-BD43C63150D0.jpeg

1DF1C73D-0328-4C92-A225-390833BD05C1.jpeg

8CB9A113-6E3A-4E71-BE6C-7F9924AC8D13.jpeg

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Frank Dacey said:

My niece's chocolate lab. Her husband is working from home so the dog is getting lots of extra attention. He's loving lockdown1

IMG-20200426-WA0000.jpg

My sister had one of those, sound it was, just mooched around the house, one morning a fox came in the garden and it must of leapt quite far and killed it stone dead, her kids couldn't believe it was capable of such a thing. 

Another time a lad I know was Scaffolding on this big house, he took his bull terrier with him once and the gamekeeper said don't bring it again as you see those two dogs over there, Labradors, if there's anything in the woods and I give the word they'll get it and bring it back. 

Many sides to Labradors, great dogs.. 

22 hours ago, easytoslip said:

My sister had one of those, sound it was, just mooched around the house, one morning a fox came in the garden and it must of leapt quite far and killed it stone dead, her kids couldn't believe it was capable of such a thing. 

Another time a lad I know was Scaffolding on this big house, he took his bull terrier with him once and the gamekeeper said don't bring it again as you see those two dogs over there, Labradors, if there's anything in the woods and I give the word they'll get it and bring it back. 

Many sides to Labradors, great dogs.. 

Aye. He seems very placid to me, but he's a big unit and chases everything. He caught and killed a squirrel recently and was only with some difficulty stopped from eating it.

36 minutes ago, Frank Dacey said:

Aye. He seems very placid to me, but he's a big unit and chases everything. He caught and killed a squirrel recently and was only with some difficulty stopped from eating it.

Yes, her dog was a Chocolate Labrador too, placid, snored like an old man as it got older, it was quite old when it got the fox. 

They had a biggish garden and it went out every morning had a bark to let it be known this my territory and he knew the fox lived under the shed next door, so it probably kept it in mind and seized it's chance. 

As with most dogs it's an inbred thing that will come out at a given chance, I hope it was a Grey Squirrel? as you could of ate yourself, with beans? 

• Like 1