You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mrs Turdseye’s mate came round with her dog which was on the blob. The dog had a nappy on but when they nipped out to the shop the nappy fell off so I had to retreat to the kitchen because I didn’t want dog cunt plasma all over my living room carpet. Here’s our Bailey teaching it some manners. 

99CEAC47-E33F-4BB0-823C-4092CC57CFF0.jpeg

C223397E-58B0-40F6-BBDE-1FA72666F6FE.jpeg

D0084CA0-8CAA-4AFC-8E43-8B01EC1182CF.jpeg

• Upvote 1

Had some grim news from back home that my dog may need to be put to sleep due to muscle failure that's came from old age. I gave my consent because it's not fair on her to be doped up all the time on painkillers, plus she's 13 next month so that's a belter life span for any dog, especially considering she was rescued as a puppy. 

Some photos of her taken in a groomers last year

20190528_125012.jpg

20190528_125025.jpg

• Upvote 8

• 3 weeks later...

My wife has wanted a dog for as long as I've known her but we've always been very sensible in accepting that it's not possible. We both work full time and just couldn't spend the time with one during the day. 

She's a teacher and a few months ago, her boss mentioned that they were going to allow two dogs in to school as "listening dogs" for children that are reluctant readers and that one of them could be ours. So, after 10 years+ of waiting, we're getting a dog! We've got to train it so that it's fine in school but we've settled on a cockapoo which are great around kids, intelligent and obedient. Went to look at some yesterday and fell in love with this little fella. He arrives in 5 weeks!

Names currently being considered include Virgil van Dogk, Jordan Hendogson and Divock. I probably won't be allowed to name him.

IMG-20190616-WA0020.jpg

• Upvote 7

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 17/06/2019 at 07:23, Karl_b said:

My wife has wanted a dog for as long as I've known her but we've always been very sensible in accepting that it's not possible. We both work full time and just couldn't spend the time with one during the day. 

She's a teacher and a few months ago, her boss mentioned that they were going to allow two dogs in to school as "listening dogs" for children that are reluctant readers and that one of them could be ours. So, after 10 years+ of waiting, we're getting a dog! We've got to train it so that it's fine in school but we've settled on a cockapoo which are great around kids, intelligent and obedient. Went to look at some yesterday and fell in love with this little fella. He arrives in 5 weeks!

Names currently being considered include Virgil van Dogk, Jordan Hendogson and Divock. I probably won't be allowed to name him.

IMG-20190616-WA0020.jpg

Monty arrived today! He's mostly spent the day sleeping, lazy arse.

20190720_115623.jpg

IMG-20190720-WA0008.jpg

20190720_120236.jpg

• Upvote 2

Eventful first 24 hours. We had the usual, expected first night difficulties with him crying but he did manage to sleep pretty well. However, he's been passing blood in his poop. A quick call and trip to the vets and they think he has colitis. Should be ok in a few days but despite a relatively positive appearance, showing no other signs of ailment, he seems to have been a bit stressed. Poor little guy. As first time dog owners we're probably a bit cautious but I spent all night worrying about him - he's suckered me in in less than a day!

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke
17 hours ago, Karl_b said:

Eventful first 24 hours. We had the usual, expected first night difficulties with him crying but he did manage to sleep pretty well. However, he's been passing blood in his poop. A quick call and trip to the vets and they think he has colitis. Should be ok in a few days but despite a relatively positive appearance, showing no other signs of ailment, he seems to have been a bit stressed. Poor little guy. As first time dog owners we're probably a bit cautious but I spent all night worrying about him - he's suckered me in in less than a day!

Our Jessie had a bought of Colitis a few months ago, it coincided with giving her a worming course. It could be that your little fellow also had a side affect from the worming tablets. Normally clears up in a few days as you've been told already. Poor Jessie had it for a few weeks. We just cooked chicken in water and fed her that a few times a week with a bit of rice (just a spoon full or two) to bind things. It got better after a few days but then kicked off again. We changed her staple food to a different make and she's been fine since. She's now playing up because we washed her dog bed stuff, sat in front of it hanging over the bath drying howling and peeping. She had me awake most of the night. Bed has now dried out and she's happily catching up on lost sleep in her fresh bed, wish I could say the same. 

He's very much on the mend today, a bland diet and settling in have helped. I suffer from ulcerative colitis, they say dogs take after their owners but 24 hours seems a bit quick! 

I was gutted to have to go to work this morning. My wife is a teacher and it's the first day of the holidays so she gets to spend all summer with him. I've never begrudged her holidays until now but it'ss clearly not fair that I have to go to a stupid job instead of just staying home and mucking about with Monty.  

14 hours ago, Karl_b said:

He's very much on the mend today, a bland diet and settling in have helped. I suffer from ulcerative colitis, they say dogs take after their owners but 24 hours seems a bit quick! 

I was gutted to have to go to work this morning. My wife is a teacher and it's the first day of the holidays so she gets to spend all summer with him. I've never begrudged her holidays until now but it'ss clearly not fair that I have to go to a stupid job instead of just staying home and mucking about with Monty.  

Monty? Does Stu know about this?

• Upvote 1

On 29/05/2019 at 11:17, El Rojo said:

Sorry to hear that Ken, I went through similar recently. It's the pay-off for everything they bring us I guess.

Has it got any better yet?  Had to say goodbye to my beauty not a fortnight ago and it's devastating to be honest.  After a long and happy life the last few months were a bit of a struggle and it was time for him to bow out.  Amazing dog who brought me so much happiness, I feel bereft. 

Condolences Moo. Unconditional love from dogs that makes it all the more diffuclut to bare when they're gone.

Personally, I think I've show more emotion with the dogs in me life, than me birds! 

Anyway, here's Little Miss Pain in the Arse(Daisy). Love the bones of her.

002 (4).jpg

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Chip Butty said:

Condolences Moo. Unconditional love from dogs that make all the more diffuclut to bare when they're gone.

Peronally, I think I've show more emotion with the dogs in me life, than me birds! 

Anyway, here's Little Miss Pain in the Arse(Daisy)

Love the bones of her.

002 (4).jpg

She's lovely, hope you have a long and happy time together. No doubt she'll drive you up the wall at times but you'll struggle to say no to that face. 

• Upvote 1