You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

9 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

Had to say goodbye to my girl last weekend twelve years after she took us on (she was two or three years old when she rescued us). 

She had a great life but she’s left an awful void in our lives. 

Sorry to hear that mate 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

Had to say goodbye to my girl last weekend twelve years after she took us on (she was two or three years old when she rescued us). 

Hang in there, its not easy when we lose close companions. Ive buried 2 close friends after watching them suffer at the end of their lives. Duke was my first dog and Nellie my 2nd. Cancer got them both.

no consolation for loss obviously, but this poem has helped me through many a dark hour in mourning.

https://m.poets.org/poetsorg/poem/death

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, El Rojo said:

Gutted for you mate.

Mine is getting older and weaker and I live in genuine fear of it.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, El Rojo said:

So sorry to hear about your loss mate.

• Upvote 1

I’m home alone with our dog for a couple of days. He’s definitely my missus & kids dog more than mine. He follows them all round every room but if I go anywhere he doesn’t even flinch. He’s absolutely pathetic when they’re not here, pining like mad for them. Doesn’t even go near his food or water. 

I was looking forward to a lie-in this morning but the little prick woke me up at half seven, spewing yellow bile all over the cream carpet in my bedroom. He looked like he was about to throw up again so I tried to quickly usher him downstairs and into the kitchen but he gave me a further ‘fuck you’ by leaving it in a trail all down the stairs instead. Then he went and lay on his bed looking at me like butter wouldn’t melt. 

Spent most of the day steam cleaning and scrubbing the floors and trying to convince him to eat. Finally lured him in by mixing a few dog chocolate buttons in with his food. 

Now I’m just waiting for him to puke again. 

• Upvote 1

My younger one came back from his walk today so chilled out I could carry him round in one arm for ages, while he flopped on his back snoozing with his paws fully outstretched over his head, motionless.

She came in while I was doing this so I put the Superman theme on my phone as loud as it could go and walked into the room with him like it, swooping up and down, looking at her straight-faced.

Eventually she goes “I give up, what does Star Wars have to do with it?”

I’m fucking wasted.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

That dog's got great taste in films. I bet they love Pacino in that documentary,Dog Day Afternoon.

Aye he’s very cultured.

Don’t get me wrong, he’ll hoard anything he can steal, but I have noticed Ham on Rye and Slaughterhouse-Five are his favourite books.

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...