You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Spearing = Long term replacement for Mascherano?

Best Believe It

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if Mascherano leaves we'll spend £20m on his replacement.

Spearing isn't Premiership quality

Have you never read any posts on this site before, If Macsh goes for 35-50mill that will go straight into paying off debts, Rafa will get 12 mill of that including wages.

How do you know spearing isnt prem quality- he bossed the Real madrid midfield if i rmember rightly. Although their confidence was battered. He just needs time and patience. I dont think you can say half our signings have been premiership quality. but then i suppose you would know better.

Have you never read any posts on this site before, If Macsh goes for 35-50mill that will go straight into paying off debts, Rafa will get 12 mill of that including wages.

How do you know spearing isnt prem quality- he bossed the Real madrid midfield if i rmember rightly. Although their confidence was battered. He just needs time and patience. I dont think you can say half our signings have been premiership quality. but then i suppose you would know better.

If Mascherano went then the money wont just go and pay off the debts, we would purchase a replacement and I would hope so because if not we would seriously weaken the team further.

Take a joke, Mr Motivator. Posting something with obvious homoerotic undertones doesn't necessarily mean you are gay.

You probably don't need to worry.

The only thing that worries me is how straight men could misconstrue a post about strength training, without any focus on muscles/showers/touching/etc as gay...

I could definitely imagine a group of bumders finding it gay, however.

I don't know why, but I am reminded of this, from The Office.

Tim: We were wondering if a military man like you, a soldier, er, could you give a man a lethal blow?

Gareth: If I was forced to, I could. If it was absolutely necessary, if he was attacking me.

Tim: What if he was coming, really hard?

Gareth: Yeah, if my life was in danger, yeah.

Dawn: And do you always imagine doing it face to face with a bloke, or could you take a man from behind?

Gareth: Either ways easy.

Dawn: So you could take a man from behind?

Gareth: Yeah.

Dawn: Lovely.

I still don't get where the homoerotic undertones are... strength? I guess strength is homosexual or something.

It's an "oo er misses" type funny because it sounds slightly gay as you say you'll strengethen up a boy - har de har pretend "strengthen" is another word for "fondle". Simple toilet humour. Christ, talk about making a big gay mountain ouit of a little cock hill. (another joke)

I have seen Jay plenty of times and in many of these games he has dominated the midfield and more often then not gets man of the match.

I have also seen him play games where he has struggled to get into the game and his passing has been off but during these games he never hides and always wants the ball which for me is the sign of a winner.

Im not going to start claiming Jay to be the next Gerrard because he is clearly not at that standard but what he can be is a good solid Premiership midfielder with the sort of attitude you need in your team if you intend on winning anything.

The standard of reserve football is largely poor and players do stagnate in there as Insua as proven as he look superb for the ressies then just got a taste of first team football and his performances dropped when he went back to the reserves.

Rafa has told Jay he will feature more this season and like Spearing has already said he has been in the first team more then ever so far this season and once we have these stupid internationals out of the way the games come thick and fast and Jay will be in there no doubt.