You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Vintage Musical Instruments Thread

Juniper

Im a big lover of vintage instruments. To be honest I prefer them over brand spanking new Drums, Guitars...etc etc. I love the character you can only get from a piece of epuipment from the past, little nicks or dents here and there (providing they done affect the sound of course) from the time they belonged to someone else

I have two, a 1970's Bass Guitar, modeled on a SG by the looks of it. Was given it by a workmate who used to be in a Rock/Punk band back in that era. He wouldn\t accet any money for it and refused to give it to one of his daughters so I took it off his hands. I dont know much about it as I am very limited in the bass.

bassi.jpg

Lastly, this is my personal favorite. A 1960 Premier drum kit given to me (for free again) only a couple of months ago. Now the finish is in a little need of some expensive TLC but it sounds great, I'm in two minds to get the drums re-finished when I have a spare couple of hundred pounds cause it kinda looks like turtle shell, even though the original colour was light blue. I don't know too much about the history behind this one, all I know is a guiatrist mate was given it from another friends old man who had it in storage for a while.

Recorded with the snare this weekend with a band, just been emailed the rough mixes and it sounds amazing, sounded a lot better than my decent snare from the late 1990s.

71351833770007505856057.jpg

53301290165157505856057.jpg

Any muso's on here own anything from the past? if so how did you come by it? what are it's special features? bung up a photo if you so wish also

Edited by Juniper

I'm tipping you don't come home from the pub and drunkenly stagger towards your bed too much?

Luckly no, it's one of our spare rooms.

(The other spare room has my second kit)

Result!....and proof I wear the trousers.

Here is the last, forgot about this thing. Mrs Jnp's Vintage organ (not sure about the era though). Her Grandad left it to her in his will. He used to teach her how to play when she was a small girl and she's bloody good on it.

95331834202957505856057.jpg

Edited by Juniper

Nice bass guitar there dude it is, as you think, modelled on a gibson SG. I have a Thunderbird bass guitar i've wanted for years and finally got one about 2 years ago now. I love it and it sounds sweet. Is it red or black?

Nice, really like Thunderbird bass guitars. Was in a band with a guy who owned one once, really used to like the sound he got from it. Good work, have some rep.

It's a really dark brown colour. The make is a budget copy I think 'Astoria' (which doesn't mean much to be to be honest as I'm more of a drum lover)

Nice bass guitar there dude it is, as you think, modelled on a gibson SG. I have a Thunderbird bass guitar i've wanted for years and finally got one about 2 years ago now. I love it and it sounds sweet. Is it red or black?

Thats the Gibson EB0 or EB3 isnt it? Good call on the Thunderbird, I always liked seeing Pete Way from UFO with his down round his knees somewhere.

Fave bass would still be JJ Burnels black Fender Precision with the white neck. Lovely looker.

As for guitars, a pristine pearl white Gibson Flying V. I wouild love one.

Thats the Gibson EB0 or EB3 isnt it? Good call on the Thunderbird, I always liked seeing Pete Way from UFO with his down round his knees somewhere.

Fave bass would still be JJ Burnels black Fender Precision with the white neck. Lovely looker.

As for guitars, a pristine pearl white Gibson Flying V. I wouild love one.

Its looks like an EB-0 copy as, from what i can see in the picture, it only has 1 pick up, the EB-3 had 2.

My Thunderbird is only the Epiphone version until i can get the funds for a proper Gibson model but even the Epiphone sounds sweet, even through my shit amp.