Quantcast
Work related type of question. - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Bogman

Work related type of question.

About a year ago, went through the redundancy consultation process at work.

There were 5 of us who got a letter of notification of redundancy, and 3 of us who got a second.

It turned out that they did all of the above to get rid of 1 person, and it wasn't me.

Anyhoo, one year down the line, I've still got the two letters on my personal file. Basically, is there an end date to all this, ie, after the redundancy took place, that was it, or if things turned to the worse again, would I be one step in front of everyone?

Can't really find or have spoken to anyone who can give me a definitive answer.

Ta.

About a year ago, went through the redundancy consultation process at work.

There were 5 of us who got a letter of notification of redundancy, and 3 of us who got a second.

It turned out that they did all of the above to get rid of 1 person, and it wasn't me.

Anyhoo, one year down the line, I've still got the two letters on my personal file. Basically, is there an end date to all this, ie, after the redundancy took place, that was it, or if things turned to the worse again, would I be one step in front of everyone?

Can't really find or have spoken to anyone who can give me a definitive answer.

Ta.

If you are in a Union or a Union exists where you work the consultation would have to start afresh.