You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You breathe in oxygen via your lungs.

The heart pumps blood to the lungs, where it (the blood) picks up oxygen & returns to the heart.

The heart then pumps this (oxygen-rich) blood round the body, supplying all the vital organs and tissues with oxygen.

Then, once this oxygen has been delivered to the vital organs and tissues, it returns to the heart.

The heart then pumps this (oxygen-depleted) blood back to the lungs, where it (the blood) picks up more oxygen and returns to the heart. And so the cycle is repeated.

That's what happens in a healthy person.

However, if the heart is not pumping at maximum efficiency, the blood flow can get sluggish when it's pumped towards the lungs.

This sluggishness of the blood flow can result in some fluid leaking out from the blood stream into the lungs, thus preventing the normal transfer of oxygen to the blood.

This condition (excess fluid leaking out in the lungs) is known as 'pulmonary oedema.' People with severe pulmonary oedema thus have too much fluid in the lungs, which prevents the normal transfer of oxygen to the blood stream (i.e. similar to drowning due to the lungs being full of fluid).

Seems like this poor chap died from pulmonary oedema.

Hope this makes sense, and I hope he rests in peace.

Edited by ISeeRed

Haha, is the RIP thing a gripe as much as say.......Baby on Board?

(Yeah, I just did that)

Only reason I mention this is it's the second time in a week you've commented on a RIP statement.

It will continue until I have vanquished its nonsense from our vocabulary Juniper.

Possibly.

That's almost certainly true - given that UK government statistics suggest 6% of the population is gay (and presumably that's similar in other countries) the number of regular posters on here, let alone visitors to the site, would suggest far more than one poster bats for the other team. The interesting thing for me is that as far as I'm aware, Roger is the only male poster that's completely open about it.
Other than myself, RiS and Rashid, there have been one or two people who've stated they're gay on here, but none of the others are as ace at making a song and dance about it as I am.

I've never subscribed to the 6% figure myself. It's absurd to suggest that people are either gay or they're not. Where is the dividing line? Who decides it? Load of old bollocks.

I'd have thought that the anonymity afforded by the internet would mean that even some people that aren't publicly "out" would feel less concerned about identifying themselves as gay on an internet forum, which raises a pretty obvious question: Does TLW's readership buck the national trends quite spectacularly, or is the forum an environment in which most gay posters wouldn't feel comfortable revealing that fact?
Not only that, but it's practically cool to be gay these days. You can't go anywhere near Canal Street these days there are that many of wannabewooftas. Given that is where things are at, I have been quite surprised that there aren't more Marys out on here.

Assuming that he returns in a month's time, I worry that this situation now has the potential to turn into another Rashid and hope that the forum will show some restraint by not baiting him into attacking someone. That cuts both ways obviously, there's an equal responsibility on phily to ensure that he learns any lessons that are highlighted by this incident. This place is at it's worst when it's at war with itself - I hope we don't set off down that well-trodden path again.
You know, I'm really glad I was out of the country when all this kicked off. There is nothing more depressing than realising there are still people out there who despise me because I'm gay. Don't get me wrong, there's loads of reasons to despise me, but just not that one. For starters I'm actually quite fucking good at giving blowjobs. Ask SKI.

I love the banter that goes on here. We all take the piss and almost nothing is off-limits. Of course boundaries are crossed - how could they not be - but when things go too far off, almost unfailingly they're brought back again.

I don't know what was said, but if it was along the lines of people deserving to die because they're gay he can fuck right off.

Other than myself, RiS and Rashid, there have been one or two people who've stated they're gay on here, but none of the others are as ace at making a song and dance about it as I am.

I've never subscribed to the 6% figure myself. It's absurd to suggest that people are either gay or they're not. Where is the dividing line? Who decides it? Load of old bollocks.

Not only that, but it's practically cool to be gay these days. You can't go anywhere near Canal Street these days there are that many of wannabewooftas. Given that is where things are at, I have been quite surprised that there aren't more Marys out on here.

You know, I'm really glad I was out of the country when all this kicked off. There is nothing more depressing than realising there are still people out there who despise me because I'm gay. Don't get me wrong, there's loads of reasons to despise me, but just not that one. For starters I'm actually quite fucking good at giving blowjobs. Ask SKI.

I love the banter that goes on here. We all take the piss and almost nothing is off-limits. Of course boundaries are crossed - how could they not be - but when things go too far off, almost unfailingly they're brought back again.

I don't know what was said, but if it was along the lines of people deserving to die because they're gay he can fuck right off.

Fuck off gaylord.

Just one question, do you own a pink feather Boa???

If the answer is no, I think you should hand in your gay memebership card and hang your head in shame.

If the answer is yes... Bum me up, Scotty, as Phily would say.

Just one question, do you own a pink feather Boa???

If the answer is no, I think you should hand in your gay memebership card and hang your head in shame.

If the answer is yes... Bum me up, Scotty, as Phily would say.

Does a large pink fluffy ball count? What if it's been hanging next to my wardrobe for at least four years? If so, my card is safe. If not, I'm indeed well hung.

I'm sorry but Roger is right, there are way better reasons to hate him, his 24hr access to SKI for one!.