You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The world of a woman.

Ezekiel 25:17

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The way they panic when their car petrol comes on, for example, this morning:

Her (running late for work): How far is it from here to my work?

Me: I'm not sure, 8 miles maybe?

Her: I think it's less than that.

Me: Maybe it is, I've never been there so it was just a guess.

Her: Yeah, I think it's about 6 miles.

Me: Why you asking?

Her: Because my fuel light has come on and if I stop for petrol on the way to workI'm going to be even later?

Me: How many miles left does it say on the dash?

Her: 35.

Me: Plenty that, you can go to work, come home and probaly do the same tomorrow if you wanted.

Her: Don't think I'll risk it, I guess I will have to get some on the way and be even later.*huffs, puffs and legs it out of the house*

• Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

Her: Because my fuel light has come on and if I stop for petrol on the way to workI'm going to be even later?

Me: Plenty that, you can go to work, come home and probaly do the same tomorrow if you wanted.

Her: Don't think I'll risk it, I guess I will have to get some on the way and be even later.*huffs, puffs and legs it out of the house*

I agree with her. I had a ford focus with a dodgy fuel sender(not uncommon I was told) and it was massively misleading.

1 hour ago, manwiththestick said:

Why didn’t she put fuel in on her way home on her last journey??

8 hours ago, manwiththestick said:

We are the opposite, I start panicking as soon as the light comes on while she would ideally glide into a garage on the fumes.

2 hours ago, Captain Willard said:

I was away for a week last year and Mrs Willard rang in a panic to ask how thd petrol cap opened. We had owned that car for 2 years at that point. 

My wife has been driving for 34 years and I am pretty sure she has never put water or oil into any of the myriad of cars we have owned.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

MrsD spent £30 on some CBD oil for the dog to calm her down with the fireworks. It was recommended to her by our dog sitter who, by a tremendous stroke of luck, happened to sell it. 

CBD oil...for the dog. 

I thought the daughter was bad, buying bottled water for the dog.

3 hours ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

MrsD spent £30 on some CBD oil for the dog to calm her down with the fireworks. It was recommended to her by our dog sitter who, by a tremendous stroke of luck, happened to sell it. 

CBD oil...for the dog. 

Mine rang me from work yesterday, she was just about to buy new pillows, literally off the back of a van. £30 each or two for £50. She started reeling off all the things these amazing pillows help you with. Neck pain, insomnia, migraines, etc. When she got to about the tenth one I butted in and told her if I was going around in a van selling pillows, I’d write all that stuff on the packaging too. 

1 minute ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Mine rang me from work yesterday, she was just about to buy new pillows, literally off the back of a van. £30 each or two for £50. She started reeling off all the things these amazing pillows help you with. Neck pain, insomnia, migraines, etc. When she got to about the tenth one I butted in and told her if I was going around in a van selling pillows, I’d write all that stuff on the packaging too. 

Have they helped your sleep ?

• Upvote 1