You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The world of a woman.

Ezekiel 25:17

42 minutes ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

Our nextdoor neighbours always fight and we hear them if we open the cupboard under the stairs and listen intently, which we do. 

The other week he told her to get out of bed and clean the house or he would stab her. She turned to me and says "I'm so lucky you know?"

Keeping that bar nice and low. 

Just nick her every now and then to keep her on her toes. 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Fugitive said:

We are saving for a wedding and she keeps going on about spending. 

Today she she decides she’s going to Manchester next weekend to see her friend but she needs some new clothes.

I point out that she’s got fucking loads of clothes but apparently she defo needs something new. She came home before with a load of bags and I ask how much she spent... £200!!!

So that was £200 on shit she will probably wear once, £55 on a train ticket and fuck knows how much she’ll spend down there.

I tell her that she keeps banging on about saving money but she is spending money on shite she doesn’t need and now I’m the worlds worst cunt.

They are all fucking mental.

To be fair I’ve paid for the hotel and it’s unlikey we’ll go out much. 

PS. I take it no photographer at the wedding? 

14 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

I’m in the good books.  She’s away with a couple of her mates who are in shit relationships  so I’ve had a few texts telling me I’m ace. 

Mine went out the other weekend for a catch up with her long time best mate. Her mate is married to a vet and they have a nice house in Cheshire, they have one kid, a girl about 7 and the perfect Facebook life. Turns out the husband is a borderline alcoholic, spends money behind her back on doing up an old VW camper that has never been on the road in the years he's had it and always in the garage tinkering and drinking. She has suspicious of him having an affair a little while ago, never looks after the kid on his own so always gets his parents to look after her as he can't cope. Wife comes home and I'm the best thing since bread came sliced. 

Of course I now milk this.

3 hours ago, General Dryness said:

I wonder what the chances would be of mook getting her to sign up on here? 

Be a shame to lose touch now we've all grown so close to her. 

The chances have improved, on Friday she told me she used to like Liverpool in the 80s when we were winning everything.

My boss is absolutely livid that I've told some of our clients I'm leaving at the end of March.

She's told the bird I work with that the reason for this is that 'The clients might panic'. Maybe if you'd done some fucking work over the last five years they wouldn't be panicking you lazy twat.

I'm loving this, I've started mentioning it in e-mails that she isn't copied in on so she has know idea which clients know & which ones don't.

• Upvote 10

1 hour ago, Mook said:

My boss is absolutely livid that I've told some of our clients I'm leaving at the end of March.

She's told the bird I work with that the reason for this is that 'The clients might panic'. Maybe if you'd done some fucking work over the last five years they wouldn't be panicking you lazy twat.

I'm loving this, I've started mentioning it in e-mails that she isn't copied in on so she has know idea which clients know & which ones don't.

Panic? What’s she thinking might happen?

Having said that, maybe there are degrees of panic some us don’t know about. 

I have an outwardly level headed work colleague who quite often talks about ‘panicking’ when all she’s done is forgotten to do some tiny thing

1 hour ago, Champ said:

Panic? What’s she thinking might happen?

Having said that, maybe there are degrees of panic some us don’t know about. 

I have an outwardly level headed work colleague who quite often talks about ‘panicking’ when all she’s done is forgotten to do some tiny thing

The clients know I do all the work.

Really it's her that's panicking about having to do some work, the clients won't start to panic until April/May when everything goes to shit.

3 hours ago, Mook said:

Been there. When I left my last job 4 years ago, I gave 6 weeks notice (instead of 4) and my boss wouldn't let me tell anyone. I was regularly on site, had great relationships with the contractor's team and begged the company to let me initiate a proper handover to someone else. They didn't do that and the week before I left I had to tell the team on site I wouldn't be there the following week. They were pretty pissed off that we hadn't dealt with it, in trying not to panic our client they created a problem by not addressing it early. 

One of my directors waited 3 weeks before he'd even talk to me about my resignation.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Mook said:

The clients know I do all the work.

Really it's her that's panicking about having to do some work, the clients won't start to panic until April/May when everything goes to shit.

How does she get away with it if everyone knows she's a useless bitch?

In my last job I was late home from work as there was a panic.  It would have cost £600k but managed to sort it out that night and resolved it in our favour. 

As a result my wife was a couple of minutes late for her eyebrow waxing appointment. Bad books. 

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Mook said:

She's an arse licker. All our Directors down in London love her so she gets away with murder.

Arse-licking only gets you soo far. Maybe she'll get found for what she is once you're not carrying her arse.

26 minutes ago, Elite said:

Arse-licking only gets you soo far. Maybe she'll get found for what she is once you're not carrying her arse.

I fucking hope so.

She's nearly 60 though so as soon as things get tough she'll just jump ship.

10 minutes ago, Mook said:

I fucking hope so.

She's nearly 60 though so as soon as things get tough she'll just jump ship.

I think most people have worked with somebody that's in a senior position that is fucking useless. Infuriating, I don't even know her and hope she gets sacked.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Elite said:

I wouldn't bank on it. People like the one Mook describes are everywhere. It's a fucking art and they're masters at it. Once Mook leaves she'll use his absence to her advantage. Any fuck ups of her's she's been hiding will be Mooks fault once he's not there to defend himself.

• Upvote 9

1 hour ago, Elite said:

I think most people have worked with somebody that's in a senior position that is fucking useless. Infuriating, I don't even know her and hope she gets sacked.

I’ve also worked with loads of people who thought they were the main cog in the wheels and they’ve gone with a flourish...and the world keeps on turning. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

I wouldn't bank on it. People like the one Mook describes are everywhere. It's a fucking art and they're masters at it. Once Mook leaves she'll use his absence to her advantage. Any fuck ups of her's she's been hiding will be Mooks fault once he's not there to defend himself.

This.

4 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

I’ve also worked with loads of people who thought they were the main cog in the wheels and they’ve gone with a flourish...and the world keeps on turning. 

"Indispensable Man" by Saxon White Kessinger

Sometime when you’re feeling important;
Sometime when your ego’s in bloom
Sometime when you take it for granted
You’re the best qualified in the room,

Sometime when you feel that your going
Would leave an unfillable hole,
Just follow these simple instructions
And see how they humble your soul

Take a bucket and fill it with water,
Put your hand in it up to the wrist,
Pull it out and the hole that’s remaining
Is a measure of how you’ll be missed.

You can splash all you wish when you enter,
You may stir up the water galore,
But stop and you’ll find that in no time
It looks quite the same as before.

The moral of this quaint example
Is do just the best that you can,
Be proud of yourself but remember,
There’s no indispensable man.

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

That's how the Australian Government works