You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The world of a woman.

Ezekiel 25:17

Booked a day off last year to go out on an all dayer with my mates, one of who had come home from Helmand Province after 2 years.

"How come you are able to arrange stuff with your mates at the drop of a hat and book leave off?".

Quickly reminded her that I'd taken 5 days leave that year to look after Ill kids, attend various parents meetings and when her mum had to go to hospital.

Not sure if this is the case with all men but I am able to relax very well and contented very easily. This seems like a red rag to bull with most women. It started with my mum back in the day. It seemed like she was incapable of seeing someone relaxed and content and felt the need to drag someone into her neurotic mess "don't think you're sitting there all day" "don't you think to get up and help around the house" etc... Even the fuckin house was spotless.

Started to see shades of it with my mrs and also watched my bro have a massive argument with his bird during Xmas over it. Not sure if it's a women vs man thing and men are easily able to just sit and relax. I love it when my bird just sits and relaxes. I feel happy for her - I don't start pecking her head and looking for jobs that she can do.

Think that where men get the reputation of being 'lazy'. Women translate being happy and relaxed into being 'lazy'.

• Upvote 10

Not sure if this is the case with all men but I am able to relax very well and contented very easily. This seems like a red rag to bull with most women. It started with my mum back in the day. It seemed like she was incapable of seeing someone relaxed and content and felt the need to drag someone into her neurotic mess "don't think you're sitting there all day" "don't you think to get up and help around the house" etc... Even the fuckin house was spotless.

Started to see shades of it with my mrs and also watched my bro have a massive argument with his bird during Xmas over it. Not sure if it's a women vs man thing and men are easily able to just sit and relax. I love it when my bird just sits and relaxes. I feel happy for her - I don't start pecking her head and looking for jobs that she can do.

Think that where men get the reputation of being 'lazy'. Women translate being happy and relaxed into being 'lazy'.

Used to see a bird who lived with a foster carer, a woman in her 60s in southport. She had a house rule that no one was allowed to sleep past 9am. Furthermore you weren't allowed to lie in or on your bed watching TV or anything past that time. It was to the point where she'd come up and knock on the door to get you to move.

Needless to say as a pair of horny teenagers we spent a lot of time traumatising my parents with loud sex noises.

Exactly this. The cold hard fact is that there will always be some job or task that needs doing somewhere in or around the house. You could get up, go to work, come home, do jobs around the house, then go to bed without ever having relaxed, wash rinse repeat until the day you die. Or you can stop fucking worrying about every little thing, and relax.

Men get this. Women do not.

personally i don't think women want to relax. if i did everything in our house, she would just come in and do it anyway. in fact she has. she is completely incapable of sitting and relaxing and just wants to find something to stress about. if she is not wasting time doing unneeded shit, she will find some more to do. for example, packing for a holiday takes months (and she doesn't iron or anything before we go). she spent 3 months organising a 2 hour kids party - not in our house like but one where you just pay and go. and when i say 3 months, i mean every night it was her only topic of conversation what she'd been doing for it. the second my arse hits the seat, she's always looking for something for me to do. i just get on here now and say i am working. 

• Upvote 2

I always get asked for permission for her to go out. Every single time it's a drama of her saying "do you mind if I go out with the girls, I won't if you don't want me to". I've never, ever said she should t, who the fuck am I to say no anyway, but it's always a drama and I can't work out why. If anything I encourage her to go out so I can build up brownie points. It's weird, just say you are going out.

• Upvote 1

I always get asked for permission for her to go out. Every single time it's a drama of her saying "do you mind if I go out with the girls, I won't if you don't want me to". I've never, ever said she should t, who the fuck am I to say no anyway, but it's always a drama and I can't work out why. If anything I encourage her to go out so I can build up brownie points. It's weird, just say you are going out.

i encourage mine to go out so she's not here! 

• Upvote 4

Exactly this. The cold hard fact is that there will always be some job or task that needs doing somewhere in or around the house. You could get up, go to work, come home, do jobs around the house, then go to bed without ever having relaxed, wash rinse repeat until the day you die. Or you can stop fucking worrying about every little thing, and relax.

Men get this. Women do not.

other month I had a week off, she couldn't because she had no holidays left.

" i'll find something around the house for you to do"

i don't want something around the house to do. I work 45 hours a week, I go the gym, I take the dogs out, I go visiting my dad in a care home. Even when I'm off I have work emails and messages. And I still do jobs around the house.

Different thing if she was off no doubt. But the other thing about women is how long they sulk for, for any real or imagined slight. Half the time it's easier do it than look at their moaning chops for a week.

i don't want something around the house to do. I work 45 hours a week, I go the gym, I take the dogs out, I go visiting my dad in a care home. Even when I'm off I have work emails and messages. And I still do jobs around the house.

Different thing if she was off no doubt. But the other thing about women is how long they sulk for, for any real or imagined slight. Half the time it's easier do it than look at their moaning chops for a week.

It only encourages their behaviour though. Lose lose situation.

Single life isn't perfect, don't get me wrong, but this right here ^ is far too much 'compromise' IMO. I'm done being told what to do and when in my free time. Life's too short for that shit.

and that's why they do it! 

Guest davelfc

and that's why they do it! 

Yes, absolutely. If you only had the strength to stop giving in they'd try another tactic, like shagging your mates or running off with the milkman. 

Damn!

Been at my mums today and the birds picked up the wrong present from under the tree for my step sister, it was meant to be for Tegan from me but she didn't read the tag. You can imagine everyone's face when she opens this...

Warning! The following content is NOT WORK SAFE. Click the Show button to reveal.

image.jpg

That is tremendous.  I hope you recorded the subsequent conversation.

I started nights last night, I'd normally have an easy day, a kip in the afternoon, come home from work and walk the dog before going to bed.

As she's moving in when I get back from Vietnam she insisted we got the flat ready yesterday, I assumed that meant clearing out a couple of drawers for her...how wrong I was!

We spent 2 hours in B&Q, 3 hours in ikea, completely moved the bedroom arse about face so it 'felt better' and then made tea.

I come home this morning fucking knackered, walk the dog and go to bed. She wakes me up after 2 hours sleep to go to the dentist with her and then comes out with the following pearlers;

You're not much fun today.

Why are you snappy?

Why don't you want to do something today?

Why are you tired and grumpy?

I swear I'm looking forward to going back to work tonight.

They maybe snakes with tits, fucking idiots with no logic or reasoning but they're not stupid.

It's so she can give you shit the one time you want to go out every 3 months.

They maybe snakes with tits, fucking idiots with no logic or reasoning but they're not stupid.

It's so she can give you shit the one time you want to go out every 3 months.

She is on a night shift tonight and one of my best mates is back from Australia. Our house is right near the road we are drinking up later so I suggested (last week after letting her know) that we start at my house have. A few Bevvies then all go out. About 8 lads in total. She has known all week they will be round at six yet half an hour ago came down in a foul mood. Asked her what's up and she goes "I'm angry I have to get a shower earlier just because you have people round"

Fuck sale she has known this all week and we have just had her sister and her sisters fella down for three days meaning I had to entertain them with her. Just told her to fuck off and messaged the lads saying I'll meet them in the pub. Queue a load of abuse from one mate who has been and bought Sambuca for ours before heading out. Awkward as fuck she is but obviously it's my fault she does a job that requires stupid shifts like tonight's. I went into town earlier to buy a shirt and she rings me up with a list to get from boots, like I know what fucking shampoo and beauty products she uses. Gets the hump with me on this phone because I don't know what a certain product is and hangs up. Come home with a load of stuff for her and because one is the wrong brand she gets a cob on. I might just go out now while she asleep but before I leave put oasis on really loud so she has to come down and turn it off. Fucking cow

She is on a night shift tonight and one of my best mates is back from Australia. Our house is right near the road we are drinking up later so I suggested (last week after letting her know) that we start at my house have. A few Bevvies then all go out. About 8 lads in total. She has known all week they will be round at six yet half an hour ago came down in a foul mood. Asked her what's up and she goes "I'm angry I have to get a shower earlier just because you have people round"

Fuck sale she has known this all week and we have just had her sister and her sisters fella down for three days meaning I had to entertain them with her. Just told her to fuck off and messaged the lads saying I'll meet them in the pub. Queue a load of abuse from one mate who has been and bought Sambuca for ours before heading out. Awkward as fuck she is but obviously it's my fault she does a job that requires stupid shifts like tonight's. I went into town earlier to buy a shirt and she rings me up with a list to get from boots, like I know what fucking shampoo and beauty products she uses. Gets the hump with me on this phone because I don't know what a certain product is and hangs up. Come home with a load of stuff for her and because one is the wrong brand she gets a cob on. I might just go out now while she asleep but before I leave put oasis on really loud so she has to come down and turn it off. Fucking cow

Testicles; grow some.

• Upvote 3