You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The world of a woman.

Ezekiel 25:17

Reminds me of how a bird at work kept on getting personal calls and eventually left work because her mum couldn't hope with cat sitting her cat. The lady manager accepted her explanation and let her go

Cats don't even need 'sitting'. They spend every waking minute looking out for themselves. They're covered.

I've mentioned on here before that a women my mum works with had a few months off when her dog died, the eventually got her back in work and on her first day so someone asked about the dog and she walked out for another couple of months.

I've also got a mate who's dad died and he was off for a week. When he got back a woman took him aside and said 'I know how you feel, my dog died last year'

I'd have fucking shattered her nose with a vicious flying head-butt. Then said, "That looks sore. I know how you must feel, i got a paper cut earlier. You cunt."

• Upvote 1

hahaha, this "sister's dog dying" story has had me in stitches.

It's just amazing how ridiculous some people can get.

In my old work, a girl came in with a face on her one Monday morning and when quizzed further said, i think i lost my purse on a night out last night, so some wart decided to do a whip round for her. Astounding.

• Upvote 2

Worked with a hermaphrodite some years ago, who exhibited widespread strange behaviour, looked not unlike a hobbit and took compassionate leave when her hamster died.

Thing is, it's about context isn't it.  To her the hamster was all the friends she had, so it would have been callous to mock her grief in my opinion. 

Thank fuck she didn't realise it hated her just as much as everyone else did.

• Upvote 1

hahaha, this "sister's dog dying" story has had me in stitches.

It's just amazing how ridiculous some people can get.

In my old work, a girl came in with a face on her one Monday morning and when quizzed further said, i think i lost my purse on a night out last night, so some wart decided to do a whip round for her. Astounding.

Madness. If that had of been a male in the office, it would have been entirely his fault for being a drunken mess.

Worked with a hermaphrodite some years ago, who exhibited widespread strange behaviour, looked not unlike a hobbit and took compassionate leave when her hamster died.

Thing is, it's about context isn't it.  To her the hamster was all the friends she had, so it would have been callous to mock her grief in my opinion. 

who needs friends when you're a hermaphrodite?  You've got everything covered.  

Madness. If that had of been a male in the office, it would have been entirely his fault for being a drunken mess.

My thoughts exactly. I was going to say "I went outside at lunchtime and just started throwing the contents of my wallet into the Mersey, can i have some free money as well?"

She Richard Gere'd the thing didn't she?

Thing is, it's about context isn't it. To her the hamster was all the friends she had, so it would have been callous to mock her grief in my opinion.

If she used that excuse on me I would have told her to go fuck herself.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Upvote 4

In hysterics here. She is sat finishing off the first module of an open university course. It's about flu this one and she has done loads. It has to be handed in tomorrow and the bint has just realised that she has done the whole thing on the wrong strain of flu!

In hysterics here. She is sat finishing off the first module of an open university course. It's about flu this one and she has done loads. It has to be handed in tomorrow and the bint has just realised that she has done the whole thing on the wrong strain of flu!

Is it supposed to be about man flu or bird flu?

Some editing allows me to do this

Posted Image

I have cropped the name for obvious reasons

I haven’t told you about the woman who took a fortnight off with the stress of the guinea pig dying.

This is a true story and Tossed & Blown can vouch for me.

When we went to Newcastle, I met up with a girl I know for a coffee and a catch up. Al and his friends were also about to witness this story. She went on to tell me that a woman of 30 in her work went off sick as Coco the guinea pig died, it started off as two weeks and I had it confirmed that it finished being four weeks.

My friend works in a school and it was the school guinea pig that popped it clogs, but this poor woman had taken a shine to it, taking it home at weekends and claiming for its vet bills on expenses. Towards the end, the writing was on the wall for Coco, the mounting vets bills indicated it was time to graze in heaven. However this poor woman has decided to take it home and nurse it in its final hours, feeding the dying animal with a pipette/syringe and cradled it until the end.

News of the animal’s demise was broken during a staff meeting during the part ‘any other business’ when the woman stood up and said that ‘At 04:15 Coco the guinea pig died in my arms’, she was crying at this point whilst some members of staff were struggling to stifle their laughter, then just before she left the room said ‘has anyone told the year sevens?’

From what I gather this is a rough arse area of the North East and I doubt the children have the ability to be even remotely arsed about it all.

Now the story got better with the news she took an additional two weeks off with stress due to what had happened, four weeks in total. However the icing of the cake was the screenshot of her Facebook, which for obvious reasons will not be put on a public forum, but those who see me about can see the screenshot first hand. The status read ‘RIP Coco. Fly with the angels and know that Mammy and Daddy will always love you xxx’

I don’t which is sadder, a teacher resorting to this, or that she had a replacement guinea pig within the month and Coco was quickly forgotten

Winning here with this one

• Upvote 2