You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The world of a woman.

Ezekiel 25:17

20 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

The TV was on mute just now and she saw a Spitting Image puppet. She thought it was a real person and she was hallucinating.

To be fair to Mrs D , I am on mute myself watching the boxing , and if you are talking about the end of the football I was a bit thrown myself.

• Upvote 1

On 09/10/2021 at 09:12, Harry Squatter said:

No, defo not "influencers". Just women with too much spare money and time who will then complain that they have nothing to wear for a night out. 

I suspect they are trying to pretend to be influencers, either to get sent stuff free by Nike or whoever in the future and/or to look like big players on social media. 

On 09/10/2021 at 22:11, sir roger said:

To be fair to Mrs D , I am on mute myself watching the boxing , and if you are talking about the end of the football I was a bit thrown myself.

When my uncle and his mates were younger they were all into acid and other various narcotics, one day they were all sat there and in coordinated fashion put the telly on mute and started mouthing things to each other to make one of them think he'd lost his hearing. Not into drugs myself but that's the kind of craic I'd be looking for.

• Upvote 4

49 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

When my uncle and his mates were younger they were all into acid and other various narcotics, one day they were all sat there and in coordinated fashion put the telly on mute and started mouthing things to each other to make one of them think he'd lost his hearing. Not into drugs myself but that's the kind of craic I'd be looking for.

Ace , but I was on cocoa.

1 hour ago, Special K said:

Just once I'd like my wife to understand the concept of money in our bank account being finite.

Wants something doing this week but we don't have the money for it yet

"Does that me I can't get it done then?"

Yes, yes it does

'What are we saving for?' is my favourite.

See if the boiler breaks or one of us loses our job or the roof caves in or one of the two cats you insisted on getting needs an operation. Or if we want to retire or ever pay off that fucking mortgage.

Those are some of the things we are saving for.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Mook said:

'Everybody else does it on their credit card' is another one I love.

Take a walk down the street, spend five minutes on Facebook, 'everybody' are complete and utter morons. Fuck doing what they're doing.

George Carlin nailed it.

“Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.”

• Upvote 2

I was discussing the Bob Mortimer book with the Wife. I’m currently reading it, she hasn’t read it.

Stupidly I shared an anecdote from the book with her. She, despite having zero evidence to back it up, claimed what he said happened didn’t occur in the way he described as “nobody would be like that”.

I considered arguing with her but what’s the point. I’m not of her world. 

9 minutes ago, sir roger said:

She is never happier than when she is on the phone while I am never happier to avoid the phone.

When the phone rings in our house whilst we're watching something on tele, despite my protestations, she always answers it just in case its an emergency. Instead of then taking the fucking thing elsewhere she will then sit there with the tele on mute talking shite whilst giving me daggers for having a face like thunder.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Rico1304 said:

Who pours hot wax down a sink? My wife does.  Then puts the washing machine on a floods the kitchen.  The fucking brand new kitchen. 

She can sort it out, I’m having fuck all to do with it.  

You say that now in the highest fit of anger but you know you'll have to do it, even if it's just for your own peace of mind!