You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The world of a woman.

Ezekiel 25:17

• 2 weeks later...

It gets worse. Her Indoors is watching this zoom presentation tonight about kung fooey or something. It's this bollocks that women believe in that if you arrange the furniture in certain positions you won't get hit by a meteorite.

She's a pensions consultant with letters after her name so would normally be considered intelligent.

Why oh why do they fall for all this shite? I guarantee before the evening is out she'll have parted with money to some snake oil salesman in Uzbekisthan or wherever.

I can no doubt look forward to wake up finding a wardrobe in the fucking kitchen tomorrow.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, tokyojoe said:

It gets worse. Her Indoors is watching this zoom presentation tonight about kung fooey or something. It's this bollocks that women believe in that if you arrange the furniture in certain positions you won't get hit by a meteorite.

She's a pensions consultant with letters after her name so would normally be considered intelligent.

Why oh why do they fall for all this shite? I guarantee before the evening is out she'll have parted with money to some snake oil salesman in Uzbekhistan or wherever.

I can no doubt look forward to wake up finding a wardrobe in the fucking kitchen tomorrow.

So that's where Jimmy Hoffa ended up.

22 hours ago, tokyojoe said:

Why oh why do they fall for all this shite? I guarantee before the evening is out she'll have parted with money to some snake oil salesman in Uzbekisthan or wherever.

Is Paulie's missus presenting?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I don't know what thread to put this in, but this kind of fits. There's this girl I fancy who offers PT sessions for a gym. In order to meet and talk to her, I got one. We do the session, the convo is decent, I'm not even really hitting on her, it's all pretty pleasant and casual but I'm showing somewhat clear interest in her. At the end, I didn't ask for her number, because I thought it would come across as if I only got the session because I like her (it's true, but I didn't want her to think that) but she told me I could contact her through her work email, which I assumed would be on the gym's website. So I look at the website and there is no email under her name.

So, have I just received the pie of all pies to the face, or is this an honest mistake and she doesn't know that her email isn't showing on her employer's website? Could women really be this snakey to get out of contact with a man? A fucking non-existent work email?

I'll message her on Facebook anyway to try to meet up because shooters shoot and I think there's a 60/40 chance she doesn't know her email isn't there but if she's just done me like that on purpose, I'm never showing romantic interest in a woman ever again. This would be worse than getting a fake phone number (which has never happened to me, to clarify). 

1 hour ago, 3 Stacks said:

I don't know what thread to put this in, but this kind of fits. There's this girl I fancy who offers PT sessions for a gym. In order to meet and talk to her, I got one. We do the session, the convo is decent, I'm not even really hitting on her, it's all pretty pleasant and casual but I'm showing somewhat clear interest in her. At the end, I didn't ask for her number, because I thought it would come across as if I only got the session because I like her (it's true, but I didn't want her to think that) but she told me I could contact her through her work email, which I assumed would be on the gym's website. So I look at the website and there is no email under her name.

So, have I just received the pie of all pies to the face, or is this an honest mistake and she doesn't know that her email isn't showing on her employer's website? Could women really be this snakey to get out of contact with a man? A fucking non-existent work email?

I'll message her on Facebook anyway to try to meet up because shooters shoot and I think there's a 60/40 chance she doesn't know her email isn't there but if she's just done me like that on purpose, I'm never showing romantic interest in a woman ever again. This would be worse than getting a fake phone number (which has never happened to me, to clarify). 

It could be worse. Some years ago I’m told there was a number that women could give out to men, they’d ring it thinking it was the girls number but it would be a number belonging to radio city. They’d play them on the radio for everyone to hear. 

In any case you’re lucky, when I was young if you got a woman’s number it was a home telephone landline and generally guarded by their father. Who could ask you twenty questions before he’d tell his daughter you were on the phone. 

20 minutes ago, Poster said:

It could be worse. Some years ago I’m told there was a number that women could give out to men, they’d ring it thinking it was the girls number but it would be a number belonging to radio city. They’d play them on the radio for everyone to hear. 

In any case you’re lucky, when I was young if you got a woman’s number it was a home telephone landline and generally guarded by their father. Who could ask you twenty questions before he’d tell his daughter you were on the phone. 

That was Scott Mills on Radio One, the "flirt divert" number. Some classics on that.

2 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

FAre you serious? A woman has a right to do a job without it being your access to her for your benefit. If she did intentionally fob you off, it means she clearly understood what you were trying to do, while she was working. That’s pretty much a dictionary definition of harassment in the workplace.

if you knew she existed, knew you fancied her, and knew already she was a personal trainer, then you had another way to speak to her without forcing yourself into her presence in the workplace to do it.

And you have the nerve to call her a snake?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

2 hours ago, Poster said:

Without being snowflakey..that's a cunt of a thing to do.

Imagine asking someone out and getting the piss took out of you on natinal radio?

3 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

You've been completely had off here.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

c_scale,fl_progressive,q_80,w_800.jpg

• Upvote 4

5 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

81A0EC38-6435-420D-91E6-E4C6FABDE59D.jpeg

She probably meant the ‘admin@insertnameofgym’ generic one.

Drop her a message on there asking her out/outlining your concerns with her dishonest response to your overtures.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

FAre you serious? A woman has a right to do a job without it being your access to her for your benefit. If she did intentionally fob you off, it means she clearly understood what you were trying to do, while she was working. That’s pretty much a dictionary definition of harassment in the workplace.

if you knew she existed, knew you fancied her, and knew already she was a personal trainer, then you had another way to speak to her without forcing yourself into her presence in the workplace to do it.

And you have the nerve to call her a snake?

Ouch.

Maybe she’s already got a boyfriend and a life of her own, the stuck up, prick teasing, cheating fucking bitch. 

The only way to find out for sure is to hang around outside the gym, wait for her to finish work, follow her home discreetly and sit outside her house all night keeping a written record of everyone that enters & leaves. 

• Upvote 6