You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The world of a woman.

Ezekiel 25:17

9 hours ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Was the H&H for me or the Alton not so many parading haha. The Birk House and the Lords in the Brook could be like the Sefton sometimes.

The Barrys never suffered from too many dolly birds either , just the potential of having the windows shot in occasionally. Very witty of the new landlord to rename it the Hunting Lodge.

The Hare and Hounds became dead to me when they booked an Olly Murs tribute act for an Easter Monday night.

7 hours ago, sir roger said:

Went to De La Salle myself and had some of my earliest under age pints in there. Just used to put a coat over your uniform and they didn't give a toss.

There was also The Brewers Arms further down Carr Lane but that has been flattened now along with the Dog and Gun right at the bottom of the road.

On a sad side note DLS has gone so far down the nick that unless an appeal succeeds it is being closed over the next few months due to failing its last two Ofsted inspections badly.

Happy days at DLS although at the time I couldnt wait to leave. Mick Lyons was 4 years ahead of me and played centre forward for the school team. So sad to hear of its demise and also the two ale houses. So many ale houses have disappeared in Liverpool and with them went some community spirit.

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, CapeRed said:

Happy days at DLS although at the time I couldnt wait to leave. Mick Lyons was 4 years ahead of me and played centre forward for the school team. So sad to hear of its demise and also the two ale houses. So many ale houses have disappeared in Liverpool and with them went some community spirit.

I started there in 1971 so you presumably would have been leaving around then. As far as I am aware it still holds the record for being the only school to provide both forwards for England in the same match , Rooney and Francis Jeffers.And in line with the thread its main bonus was no annoying girls attending.

20 hours ago, sir roger said:

When I used to watch the football in the Sefton and the Standard in West Derby , there were always a string of young girls in there with no interest in the match just spending the whole game parading past the screen to the toilets or bar hoping that the younger lads in there noticed them.

That reminds me: When I used to live in Estonia, a bunch of friends and I were watching a football match in a pub with a huge screen. Two teenage girls decided to locate themselves under the screen and started making out with each other, checking every so often to see if we were all watching them. Desperate attention-seeking slags. Other guy at next table quite reasonably shouted at them: "Get fisting or fuck off!" 

• Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, Josef Svejk said:

That reminds me: When I used to live in Estonia, a bunch of friends and I were watching a football match in a pub with a huge screen. Two teenage girls decided to locate themselves under the screen and started making out with each other, checking every so often to see if we were all watching them. Desperate attention-seeking slags. Other guy at next table quite reasonably shouted at them: "Get fisting or fuck off!" 

Nothing worse than Burnley v West Brom getting ruined by randy young lesbians 

3 hours ago, sir roger said:

I started there in 1971 so you presumably would have been leaving around then. As far as I am aware it still holds the record for being the only school to provide both forwards for England in the same match , Rooney and Francis Jeffers.And in line with the thread its main bonus was no annoying girls attending.

Yeah, that was the year I left but my two younger brothers followed me , you would have been there  at the same time as my youngest brother. Fuck I think I got the strap every week I was there mostly for trying to be a comedian! Nearest girls school was Mary Help of Christians.

13 hours ago, sir roger said:

The Barrys never suffered from too many dolly birds either , just the potential of having the windows shot in occasionally. Very witty of the new landlord to rename it the Hunting Lodge.

The Hare and Hounds became dead to me when they booked an Olly Murs tribute act for an Easter Monday night.

Knew one of the lads who had the Barry’s when it was primeto a fire bomb or two, not drank in the village for 20 years. Played for De La Salle old boys only a few games and we drank in a club called the Quo Vadis on Carr Lane. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Knew one of the lads who had the Barry’s when it was primeto a fire bomb or two, not drank in the village for 20 years. Played for De La Salle old boys only a few games and we drank in a club called the Quo Vadis on Carr Lane. 

Quo Vadis was the frequent drinking place of my late Uncle and Auntie and my Mum and Dad went there often when we visited. We were kids so were left at home with our cousins to please ourselves. This was back in the 70s.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Quo Vadis was the frequent drinking place of my late Uncle and Auntie and my Mum and Dad went there often when we visited. We were kids so were left at home with our cousins to please ourselves. This was back in the 70s.

Think it was originally Knights of St Columba Club, nice pool table and cheap ale.

Yes I played for the Old Boys for a while in the early / mid 80's and the Quo was like the clubhouse  where we all went for a drink after the games. Used to put on a free buffet as they wanted to keep us sweet I presume as there were some proper drinkers in the various teams.i think it is another place that has gone completely now.

3 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Yes I played for the Old Boys for a while in the early / mid 80's and the Quo was like the clubhouse  where we all went for a drink after the games. Used to put on a free buffet as they wanted to keep us sweet I presume as there were some proper drinkers in the various teams.i think it is another place that has gone completely now.

Yeah,it's now confined to the history books. My family are Catholic so it must have had a connection to a local R.C. Church or diocese I imagine.

She had online course to prepare for today so I took the kids out for a couple of hours. 20 minutes before she starts she starts kicking off that our daughter forgot to put the ipad on charge for her last night and the battery is dead. 

So she's stomping round the house in a bad mood blaming our daughter and wondering why I don't give a fuck when she had all day yesterday kid free to prepare. 

7 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

She had online course to prepare for today so I took the kids out for a couple of hours. 20 minutes before she starts she starts kicking off that our daughter forgot to put the ipad on charge for her last night and the battery is dead. 

So she's stomping round the house in a bad mood blaming our daughter and wondering why I don't give a fuck when she had all day yesterday kid free to prepare. 

You're not telling me she's looking for someone else to blame ?? never known a woman to do that.

54 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Exactly like my mrs , I call her ' Last minute Lizzy ' and as you have found when things go tits up it's never down to them.

She’s decided to quit a job she likes to start managing the kitchen of a new bar. 

More travel. 
More hours. 
Less pay. 
Less benefits. 

She’s handed in her notice today and the builders don’t even know when they’ll have finished the bar. 

Apparently I’m a cunt and not supporting her for suggesting maybe she held off handing in her notice until they had an opening date! 

On 05/07/2021 at 13:12, lifetime fan said:

She’s decided to quit a job she likes to start managing the kitchen of a new bar. 

More travel. 
More hours. 
Less pay. 
Less benefits. 

She’s handed in her notice today and the builders don’t even know when they’ll have finished the bar. 

Apparently I’m a cunt and not supporting her for suggesting maybe she held off handing in her notice until they had an opening date! 

Guess what this is…

5317C285-0E30-45BB-8A40-C5F759B5BDD8.jpeg

6F4D319F-1444-43EE-AD36-98AE9718530F.jpeg

30BE1349-A052-4338-8625-BBFD9AD85297.jpeg

6CD8A8E0-CE27-4449-B07A-3D129C2AE56E.jpeg

• Upvote 5