You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The world of a woman.

Ezekiel 25:17

1 hour ago, Mook said:

Why do they bug you about the guys working in the house. We've had people in doing all sorts since we moved in 3 months ago & I'm fucking sick of it.

'Why were they late?'

'I don't want them there when we're eating our tea.'

And then when something is wrong I get it in the neck about that too.

It's me who has to listen to them knocking seven shades of shite out of the place for 5hrs a day while she goes to her Mum's & guess who saved up all the money to pay them too.

I'm going to tell her to fuck off when she gets in tonight.

Your wife sounds like me!

Years ago, when I was 19 or 20, my parents were having a new bathroom installed. I couldn’t put up with the noise and the inconvenience of not being able to have a shite when I wanted or being able to wash my hair. I kept moaning and moaning, so my dad booked me into a hotel in town for three nights. At the end of my stay, I did a runner without settling the bill and spent the money on a new pair of trainees and some food. Unbeknown to me, my dad had left his credit card details with them as security, so they rang him and charged his card.

• Upvote 4

42 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

Your wife sounds like me!

Years ago, when I was 19 or 20, my parents were having a new bathroom installed. I couldn’t put up with the noise and the inconvenience of not being able to have a shite when I wanted or being able to wash my hair. I kept moaning and moaning, so my dad booked me into a hotel in town for three nights. At the end of my stay, I did a runner without settling the bill and spent the money on a new pair of trainees and some food. Unbeknown to me, my dad had left his credit card details with them as security, so they rang him and charged his card.

Ha ha, superb.

If I had a credit card, I would happily put her & the kids in a hotel for a few days while I get to watch cowboy films & listen to jazz fusion albums all night.

• Upvote 1

The light of my life ‘My friends* are going for a walk with the dogs, I might join them’

Bruce ‘Sounds nice, feel free. I’ll occupy the kids and I’m cooking dinner anyway, so go for it’

TLOML ‘But, I’ve got work to do’

B ‘Well do your work then’

TLOML ‘You just don’t get it! What’s the point?’

B ‘’

Foul mood ever since, no idea what the fuck I did, let alone have any interest in finding out. 

I’m having a lovely dinner and drinking great beer.

I think I’m winning?

*We have two single friends who are part of our bubble.

My ex would refuse to answer the door and would think nothing of trying to get you to snap off your shit half way through so you had to answer rather than her.

She also wouldn’t ring for a takeaway but would stand there while you made the call, talking over you and interrupting. I used to make her write down exactly what the order was beforehand and repeat that to them with her listening to the whole call.

She’d then say things like ‘did you remember to say ‘no veg’ with the chilli beef?’ as soon as you were off the call.

If the order came and was wrong it was then also my fault because I mumble apparently. It would then be my job to ring and moan if they were late even though I know that never speeds it up. If they were much later after that call she’d then blame me for either being too nice or too harsh with them so they were obviously now taking the piss.

8 minutes ago, Geoff Woade said:

My ex would refuse to answer the door and would think nothing of trying to get you to snap off your shit half way through so you had to answer rather than her.

She also wouldn’t ring for a takeaway but would stand there while you made the call, talking over you and interrupting. I used to make her write down exactly what the order was beforehand and repeat that to them with her listening to the whole call.

She’d then say things like ‘did you remember to say ‘no veg’ with the chilli beef?’ as soon as you were off the call.

If the order came and was wrong it was then also my fault because I mumble apparently. It would then be my job to ring and moan if they were late even though I know that never speeds it up. If they were much later after that call she’d then blame me for either being too nice or too harsh with them so they were obviously now taking the piss.

Fuck all of that.

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Or, she could be ahead of the curve and referencing this Dutch software company who are doing great things! 

https://www.simulise.com/

Ahead of the curve, eh. 

Nah, I think her mouth just gets ahead of her brain. She’s a beautiful human though and I wouldn’t change a hair on her pretty head. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

My wife is annoyed that HP printer cartridges cost so much. Despite the fact I claim them back on expenses.  

She’s gone out today to buy a new printer.  Guess what make it is? 

If you weren't expensing it, then it would make a lot of sense to sign up to HP's Instant Ink. It costs nothing to print the first 15 pages each month, and every set of 10 pages thereafter is £1. Or you could opt for the next price band, where for £1.99 it covers there first 50 pages printed, and every 10 pages thereafter is £1. There are different price bands to suit your usage. They send you replacement cartridges automatically because they monitor your usage wirelessly. The cartridges will only work with your specific printer that you've registered with HP, and that's the only thing you need to be aware of. I haven't paid more than £24 in a year, whereas a single set of cartridges for my printer is about £40 and I'd probably need to go through a couple of sets a year at least.

• Upvote 3

Is it sexist to say I don't, and never have, liked working with women? If so, who cares.

But I don't, in fact in my next move it will be something I actively look to avoid. Sadly not always possible with office work.

It's not an issue with individual women, I've worked with some boss women, but when there's enough of them to form a work culture. They merge together, like the Borg, and create untenable environments.

I wish I'd been an engineer or something that women can't be arsed with. Go in, do some work, go home. No politics, no bitching, no personal empires, no moody shit. 

• Upvote 4

18 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Is it sexist to say I don't, and never have, liked working with women? If so, who cares.

But I don't, in fact in my next move it will be something I actively look to avoid. Sadly not always possible with office work.

It's not an issue with individual women, I've worked with some boss women, but when there's enough of them to form a work culture. They merge together, like the Borg, and create untenable environments.

I wish I'd been an engineer or something that women can't be arsed with. Go in, do some work, go home. No politics, no bitching, no personal empires, no moody shit. 

My wife worked in the same place straight out of college for 20 years in a mainly female environment, the amount of fallouts, tears, tantrums was horrendous and she recently moved jobs to another company of mainly female employees and guess what, it's the same shit, different people.

Now my missus is sound and I'm sure most of her colleagues individually were alright, in fact I met a few over the years and they were okay but stick them together in a room for 8 hours a day, 5 days a week and you have trouble.

1 hour ago, Section_31 said:

I work in a predominantly male industry, with plenty of engineers, and there's absolutely loads of bollocks entailed in it. 

• Upvote 4