You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The world of a woman.

Ezekiel 25:17

2 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

Women when you want to watch the footy or go asleep.

Amen. She could have been flicking off to Trisha for the past 3 hours but the second I'm going to bed- can you just do this seemingly brief task

Just had a massive fucking argument with her because I told her I wasn't going to call the bank at 9.30 on a Sunday morning to discuss mortgage holidays.

We run a business together and I'm already going to be the one to email customers to advise them of our plans after our lockdown. It's going to be a nightmare and yet she's happy to pass everything to me as she's certain she's dying.....

Life is fucking shite at the moment.

Just now, Special K said:

Just had a massive argument fucking argument with her because I told her I wasn't going to call the bank at 9.30 on a Sunday morning to discuss mortgage holidays.

We run a business together and I'm already going to be the one to email customers to advise them of our plans after our lockdown. It's going to be a nightmare and yet she's happy to pass everything to me as she's certain she's dying.....

Most banks are doing it online with just a quick form to fill out now I think mate?

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

Most banks are doing it online with just a quick form to fill out now I think mate?

I phoned up the other day and they told me nothing has been arranged yet. Might be Wednesday before they can press the button on them (as it were)

It's just that I'm responsible for fucking everything. A little weight off my shoulders would be nice

2 minutes ago, Special K said:

I phoned up the other day and they told me nothing has been arranged yet. Might be Wednesday before they can press the button on them (as it were)

It's just that I'm responsible for fucking everything. A little weight off my shoulders would be nice

Only what I’d heard mate. Good luck 

We are in the process of buying a house, closing in 2 weeks (I know, terrible timing!).

So we've been talking about the idea of just making minor changes and then saving up to do a big kitchen remodel down the line a few years. Rip out some cabinets, put in an island, open up the floorplan, etc.

Yesterday she finds a used kitchen island, roughly the size that we're hoping to build, online from someone who's redoing their kitchen and wants to sell the whole thing. It's $1000, roughly 100 miles away and has a granite countertop that we have absolutely no way of transporting home.

And yet she's upset with me for not going to get it. It doesn't matter how much I've tried to explain that it will take at least 4 men to lift the countertop, which probably weighs 300 kg. Plus a trailer of some sort, or at the very least two trips with a large pickup truck (which we don't own). Nor do we have anywhere to store it - remember, we won't be closing on the house for 2 more weeks!

None of that matters. I'M the bad guy for not trying to convince 3 friends to come out of quarantine in the middle of a pandemic, borrow a truck from someone (no idea who) and then travel 2 hours to load this thing up and then bring it back to sit in our garden??! It's utterly insane.

• Upvote 2

We were watching the new Doctor Dolittle yesterday and at one part she goes ‘I never knew polar bears could breathe underwater’. I went ‘what are you on about’

She started to answer and then trailed off as I stared in amazement. She was starting to say ‘well that polar bear was talking underwater’

• Upvote 1

On 22/03/2020 at 09:58, Special K said:

Just had a massive fucking argument with her because I told her I wasn't going to call the bank at 9.30 on a Sunday morning to discuss mortgage holidays.

Wives are good "project managers". They come up with loads of ideas for you to implement and always tell you where you are going wrong, offering solutions how to correct mistakes after they have been made. This is obviously while they sit back and observe you doing all the work.

22 hours ago, davelfc said:

My daughter is evil because she won't allow the grandkids to visit their elderly (over 70) and at risk grandmother today. Granddaughter (6) has a persistent cough and grandson (<2) was in hospital last week with a bad ear infection. 

Says who? She’s showing her love by Not going.

This is the trouble with ‘advice’; some people don’t seem to have the brains to work it out and need to be given instructions. Those pictures of family get togethers beggars belief 

17 minutes ago, Champ said:

Says who? She’s showing her love by Not going.

This is the trouble with ‘advice’; some people don’t seem to have the brains to work it out and need to be given instructions. Those pictures of family get togethers beggars belief 

Yeah, you can't help some people. 

She's starting to climb the walls about self isolation. We haven't left the house for about a week and a half and she's trying to "find things to do". I.e. things for me to do. Fuck that. I'm happy playing on my PS4. I've played more video games in the last 3 days than I have in the last 2 years.

Why can't some women have hobbies?

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Special K said:

She's starting to climb the walls about self isolation. We haven't left the house for about a week and a half and she's trying to "find things to do". I.e. things for me to do. Fuck that. I'm happy playing on my PS4. I've played more video games in the last 3 days than I have in the last 2 years.

Why can't some women have hobbies?

They have a hobby. Finding things for men to do, and moaning that nothing gets done.

Married women wish they had a movement chip to insert into you like universal soldier. Once you stop moving or sit down and have a cup of tea or a bevie the chip will start flashing so they can find something else for you to do or come in and unsettle you.

My mate lived with some girl who could never ever let him relax. Even when he was having dinner she would eat hers first then start washing up while he was still eating. If he took longer than 5 minutes she would be sighing and walking round shaking her head.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Doctor Troy said:

They have a hobby. Finding things for men to do, and moaning that nothing gets done.

Married women wish they had a movement chip to insert into you like universal soldier. Once you stop moving or sit down and have a cup of tea or a bevie the chip will start flashing so they can find something else for you to do or come in and unsettle you.

My mate lived with some girl who could never ever let him relax. Even when he was having dinner she would eat hers first then start washing up while he was still eating. If he took longer than 5 minutes she would be sighing and walking round shaking her head.

Bastards