You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The world of a woman.

Ezekiel 25:17

Guest Pistonbroke
7 minutes ago, tokyojoe said:

Her Indoors had to go out tonight to pick her family up for a Pub quiz night. No time specified.

Anyway she dozed off, woke up and went into panic mode.

Apparently all my fault.

When she woke all panicked you should have said 'Your starter for ten.' 

My wonderful Sister who I've not had any form of contact with  for about 6-7 years and probably hasn't been near my house since 2009 -2010 told my brother last weekend that my house is  a tip. 

Strange observation as I've just spent a small fortune on doing the front room up and replaced the boiler I never realised she was psychic .

21 minutes ago, Tj hooker said:

My wonderful Sister who I've not had any form of contact with  for about 6-7 years and probably hasn't been near my house since 2009 -2010 told my brother last weekend that my house is  a tip. 

Strange observation as I've just spent a small fortune on doing the front room up and replaced the boiler I never realised she was psychic .

She's probably been hiding under all the rubbish to be fair.

• Upvote 2

https://www.whimn.com.au/talk/people/woman-wins-design-award-for-antimanspreading-chair/news-story/462fa16674c14a79e8d1a54b670f4b91

Do you often find yourself irritated by manspreading?

A rather savvy University student tired of ‘men infringing on her public space’ has just scooped up an award for creating a piece furniture that stops men from spreading their legs.

fb1797f55dc348ec0945edcd3aab6b3d

Laila Laurel a graduate from 3D Design and Craft at the University of Brighton entitled her clever design A Solution For Manspreading.

“It came from my own experiences of men infringing on my space in public,” the 23-year old said upon receiving the Belmond Award at New Designers in London.

“With my chair set I hoped to draw awareness to the act of sitting for men and women and inspire discussion around this,” she added.

The chair is designed in a manner that men have to sit with their legs close together while women can adjust their chair to sit with theirs wider apart.

Laura said she was 'shocked', 'happy' and 'honoured' to win.

7b22cdbca8bf6c0cf2bf67f3393c1ec4

The panel of judges described her work as 'a bold, purpose-driven design that explores the important role of design in informing space, a person's behaviour and society issues of today'.

Dr Eddy Elton a senior lecturer at the University said he was 'proud' of his student's achievement.

“Over the past month our students and staff have come together to work tirelessly on its design,” he added.

“Winning the award at such a prestigious event, which is recognised by the professional design community, was an amazing achievement for our students and university.

“Seeing our students being called to the stage to receive this award is something I will be forever proud of.”

manspreading-empty.jpg

The designer also created a seat for women that encourages them to take up more space 

https://inews.co.uk/news/feminist-designer-manspreading-chair-solution/

10 hours ago, Champions of Europe said:

https://www.whimn.com.au/talk/people/woman-wins-design-award-for-antimanspreading-chair/news-story/462fa16674c14a79e8d1a54b670f4b91

Do you often find yourself irritated by manspreading?

A rather savvy University student tired of ‘men infringing on her public space’ has just scooped up an award for creating a piece furniture that stops men from spreading their legs.

fb1797f55dc348ec0945edcd3aab6b3d

Laila Laurel a graduate from 3D Design and Craft at the University of Brighton entitled her clever design A Solution For Manspreading.

“It came from my own experiences of men infringing on my space in public,” the 23-year old said upon receiving the Belmond Award at New Designers in London.

“With my chair set I hoped to draw awareness to the act of sitting for men and women and inspire discussion around this,” she added.

The chair is designed in a manner that men have to sit with their legs close together while women can adjust their chair to sit with theirs wider apart.

Laura said she was 'shocked', 'happy' and 'honoured' to win.

7b22cdbca8bf6c0cf2bf67f3393c1ec4

The panel of judges described her work as 'a bold, purpose-driven design that explores the important role of design in informing space, a person's behaviour and society issues of today'.

Dr Eddy Elton a senior lecturer at the University said he was 'proud' of his student's achievement.

“Over the past month our students and staff have come together to work tirelessly on its design,” he added.

“Winning the award at such a prestigious event, which is recognised by the professional design community, was an amazing achievement for our students and university.

“Seeing our students being called to the stage to receive this award is something I will be forever proud of.”

manspreading-empty.jpg

The designer also created a seat for women that encourages them to take up more space 

https://inews.co.uk/news/feminist-designer-manspreading-chair-solution/

Oh just fuck off.

• 2 weeks later...

Surely, for her design to achieve its stated goal, a man would have to first sit on it.

i don’t know about any of you, but there’s absolutely no way I’d feel drawn to sit on either of those bloody things.

So, we’re quietly having breakfast this morning when my wife spots a wasp in the front room. 

She dashed to the kitchen quicker than Usain Bolt and grabbed the bug spray she had previously told me off for buying.

The wasp is buzzing round me, so I’m sitting statue still as you’re meant to do. It seems leave so I take a drink of my coffee at which point my wife unleashes the bug spray to similar effect as De Niro does with his flame thrower in Deer Hunter and gets all over me, my clothes and of course my coffee of which I’m still mid-drink.

Apparently it was going for me...

The above isn’t the problem. Seeing I swallowed some of the bug spray, I then spent the next 10 mins with my head over the toilet bowl dry heaving and bringing up brown bile & trying to wash it out my eyes, which she finds hilarious. 

“I’m so sorry, hahahahaha, it was going for you, hahahahaha, aren’t you happy I stopped you being stung, hahahahaha, are you Ok? hahahahaha”

Yeah, fucking hilarious. I tell you what wouldn’t be funny and that would be if the roles were reversed and you ended up being sick for 10 mins. That would be grounds for a full scale argument of World War 3 nuclear proportions. 

I still ill feel too sick to bother making anything of it. 

• Upvote 1