You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The world of a woman.

Ezekiel 25:17

I told her weeks ago that we can't afford another 3 grand to go away for christmas like we have done for the last 2 years and she's had a face on. This despite me being the only one in the house who works because she packed her job in due to health concerns. I do overtime virtually every weekend and I think I've been out about 5 times this year.

Women really have fuck all concept of money. She's now decided that I am cooking Christmas dinner because we aren't going away. Looks like the family will all be getting food poisoning then. Ungrateful twat.

You're fucking lucky you've ever been away for Christmas. Brunei would be great but that's just a pipe dream.

Sorry to hear that mate. That's got to be tough to deal with.

Big time mate. Constantly under pressure at work and money wise then have to deal with more headaches when I get home. My daughter bears the brunt of it as anything she wants to do is impacted by him. Luckily she is a little superstar who understands and never moans.

• Upvote 3

Can you not bring your budget down a tad and go somewhere a bit cheaper? I guess if it's cheap it's not going to be sunny in December.

The prices of the flights are expensive as soon as they come out and accomodation is pretty scarce or expensive. We stayed at home 2 years ago and it was a nightmare. I actually felt relieved to go back to work at the start of January.

• Upvote 1

Big time mate. Constantly under pressure at work and money wise then have to deal with more headaches when I get home. My daughter bears the brunt of it as anything she wants to do is impacted by him. Luckily she is a little superstar who understands and never moans.

World of a woman, eh? An old school friend of mine who I bumped standing on a train Dublin last year expressed gratitude that his three girls were, well, girls. "Men. We're just monkeys, aren't we?" He wasn't wrong.

My Mrs has no concept of the position of the sun, sun loungers and the umberella (ella ella ella).

It's quite the thing watching her frustration throughout the day as she's moving the lounger around and then the sun catches up with her 30 mins later while I am positioned in the shade most of the day in peace reading my book.

• 2 weeks later...

I am happily watching the Chelsea / Arsenal game having a cuppa when the Mrs, offers.

' Oh I spoke to Stacey earlier and we are going for a Spitroast in Waterloo next week '

Spat the tea out & ruined a perfectly serviceable white tee-shirt.

It appears there is a Rotisserie-chicken outlet in South Road named thus.

When I explain my mirth I get called a pervert for my trouble.

• Upvote 2

I am happily watching the Chelsea / Arsenal game having a cuppa when the Mrs, offers.

' Oh I spoke to Stacey earlier and we are going for a Spitroast in Waterloo next week '

Spat the tea out & ruined a perfectly serviceable white tee-shirt.

It appears there is a Rotisserie-chicken outlet in South Road named thus.

When I explain my mirth I get called a pervert for my trouble.

It's next to a Thai massage parlour too
  • Upvote 1

The Mrs was telling me before that her Dad had been in Aldi and had gotten himself a nice Chilean Merlot for £4.09.

I said I knew Aldi was cheap but I didn't think you could get a chilli for 9 pence.

It took her two hours to get it.

It's a good job she's got massive chebs.

• Upvote 1

The bird I work with (50 years old) just asked my boss what 'pseudo' means, she pronounced the 'p'.

My boss just started repeating it back to her (with the 'p' pronounced) several times, working herself into a minor frenzy before turning to me to ask what it meant.

I had to calmly explain that the 'p' was silent & give a brief explanation as to what it meant, while she talked over me, trying to finish my sentences as if she had a fucking clue what I was talking about.