You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

International Watch

Mathewbet1

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Woo, you really did miss a crazy game. Some lovely football played by Argentina in the first half. A nice goal from Higuain at the start of the second half (after a strange substitution at half time by Maradona which later turned out to be a masterclass as he scored the winner!). There were also some crazy tactical changes and more unusual subs from Maradona. Then there was the horrendous weather conditions and the late goals. And Maradona'a celebrations!

maradonnas manager is just proof to me that there is a lot less to maangement than you'd think

give me a year and i reckon i could lead liverpool to CL every y ear man city or no man city

There's only one Code72. You are not fit tie the shoelaces of "the man". He is the one that will lead LFC out of the wilderness, his prophetic observations blind Maradona's in their absolute uniqueness. Besides, you would just sell Lucas and buy Cattermole. Code would revolutionize the whole landscape of domestic and international football... In Code we trust.

It was good to see Aimar showing something of the form he was in around 5 years ago. Also, Angel di Maria looked dangerous in the first half, but disappeared once the weather turned. Insua wasn't involvd in the attacking sense, but was reasonable other than not clearing the ball in the build up to Peru's equaliser. The weather turned so bad that it was difficult to see what was happening on the pitch towards the end.

The World Cup's starting to take shape now:

Qualifiers so far:

HOSTS

South Africa

AFRICA QUALIFYING

Ghana

Ivory Coast

ASIA QUALIFYING

Australia

Japan

North Korea

South Korea

EUROPE QUALIFYING

Denmark

England

Germany

Netherlands

Serbia

Spain

Italy

SOUTH AMERICA QUALIFYING

Brazil

Paraguay

Chile

NORTH, CENTRAL AMERICA AND QUALIFYING

United States

Mexico

France's combined age of their squad is about 7782. Plus that fucking mentalist Domenech is still in charge.

Thats my point. They are fucking shit. Same with Portugal. We will be away first aswell so we will know what we have to do.

Really felt for the Irish yesterday.

Italy have got to be the Man Utd of international football.

The Italians ALWAYS do what they have to do. And they did that by getting a point.

How is he still in a job?!

Doesn't he pick the team based on Astronomy or something?

Star signs.

He was saying some shit about how Libras don't work well with Scorpios or something. He's lost it. And looks like a marionette.

I reckon Ireland will get beat if they draw France or Portugal. Who are the other sides they can face?

Lets just say this. Fifa have seeded the draw so that the likes of Russia, Portugal and France cant get one another. So Ireland can get either of them. Fifa have hardly covered themselves in glory by changing the rules they made at the start.

how did insua do? i watched the highlights only to see him block a shot with his hand..

I thought Insua had a pretty average game. I don't think he got forward enough (compared to Gutierrez on the other side...mind you, he is a winger by trade). I also think he was a bit suspect in defence, but it was his debut so he should be cut some slack.

Has Zanetti retired? Shame if so, still looked decent to me.

Nope. Just dropped. He's retiring at the end of the season though, I think.