You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What constitutes the perfect cooked breakfast?

ISeeRed

Beans with a full English?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Beans with a full English?

• Aye, bean me up, Scotty.
    • Nay, poke your beans up your bum, one at a time.

• 2 months later...

In order for me to find the perfect plate, I’m not going to discriminate. If a place offers a fry-up, 9 times out of 10 I’m going to order it.

Come on, aRdja, get your review in for this one:

https://www.batterseagrill.co.uk/menu

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Battersea+Grill/@51.4784081,-0.1701593,15z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x7d38c33dfbf38f81!8m2!3d51.4784081!4d-0.1701593

(Breakfast Platter might be a little cheap for your tastes).

• Upvote 1

If you want a great breakfast, I’d suggest Brunch in Whiston Village. It was one of the best breakfasts I’ve had and when I asked for no beans and tomatoes, the owner asked if I wanted extra bacon or sausages to replace them. Top quality service from them.

Ended up with:

4 bacon

3 sausages

2 eggs

Black pudding

Mushrooms

Homemade hash brown

toast

Cup of tea

£6

The sausages and bacon were butcher shop quality and cooked to perfection. The place has won quite a few awards over the past few years.

Set me right up for my Journey home, later on.

Come on, aRdja, get your review in for this one:

https://www.batterseagrill.co.uk/menu

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Battersea+Grill/@51.4784081,-0.1701593,15z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x7d38c33dfbf38f81!8m2!3d51.4784081!4d-0.1701593

(Breakfast Platter might be a little cheap for your tastes).

That’s just around the corner from me. My last breakfast post didn’t go down too well from memory. I’ve been to a few since but decided not to keep them to myself. I had an amazing breakfast in Ballachulish Scotland, where as opposed to just normal black pudding, they used a mixture of black pudding and haggis!

Also I have our wedding party coming up in the summer (a year after the legal ceremony), so I’m trying to eat healthier to ensure that the suit I’ve already purchased fit.

• Upvote 1

If you want a great breakfast, I’d suggest Brunch in Whiston Village. It was one of the best breakfasts I’ve had and when I asked for no beans and tomatoes, the owner asked if I wanted extra bacon or sausages to replace them. Top quality service from them.

Ended up with:

4 bacon

3 sausages

2 eggs

Black pudding

Mushrooms

Homemade hash brown

toast

Cup of tea

£6

The sausages and bacon were butcher shop quality and cooked to perfection. The place has won quite a few awards over the past few years.

Set me right up for my Journey home, later on.

Did you ever take a photo by any chance?

• 2 weeks later...

Picture, please, aRdja.

489d1257546adb536fa60220f8660c0b.jpg

Price: £10.50

Sausage: very good meat content

Bacon: ample and real crispy... almost candied

Egg: faultless

Black Pudding: Crumbly, perhaps could’ve done with a whole slice as opposed to half

Tomato: nice and juicy

Mushrooms: Wasn’t the best. I normally love mushrooms, but it’s wasn’t great.. almost sloppy

Beans: very good... I’m a convert now. So long as it ain’t shiny and runny I’m a fan. A nice ‘intermezzo’ between all other fat-rich components.

All in all a very solid plate of full English. Would happily recommend to all those who live nearby (ish) e.g., Lifey and Josef Svejk.

• Upvote 2

489d1257546adb536fa60220f8660c0b.jpg

Price: £10.50

Sausage: very good meat content

Bacon: ample and real crispy... almost candied

Egg: faultless

Black Pudding: Crumbly, perhaps could’ve done with a whole slice as opposed to half

Tomato: nice and juicy

Mushrooms: Wasn’t the best. I normally love mushrooms, but it’s wasn’t great.. almost sloppy

Beans: very good... I’m a convert now. So long as it ain’t shiny and runny I’m a fan. A nice ‘intermezzo’ between all other fat-rich components.

All in all a very solid plate of full English. Would happily recommend to all those who live nearby (ish) e.g., Lifey and Josef Svejk.

Is it lying on a piece of bread there? No toast?

That’s fucking disgraceful. Possibly the worst opinion I’ve ever seen you post on here.

I’d happily eat that breakfast though, as long as someone else was paying for it.

If I had to rank it...

1. Australian bacon (middle bacon)

2. American bacon (streaky bacon)

3. British bacon (back bacon)

• Downvote 1