You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What constitutes the perfect cooked breakfast?

ISeeRed

Beans with a full English?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Beans with a full English?

• Aye, bean me up, Scotty.
    • Nay, poke your beans up your bum, one at a time.

Perfect cooked breakfast?

Square sausage, hash browns, tatty scones, scrambled egg with a smidgen of chives, lean thick smoked bacon, black pudding, brown sauce, toast, mug o' tea.

No beans, please.

Would anyone be tempted by that caff in Wigan?

10 sausages, 10 bacon, 10 toast, 10 mushrooms, 10 black pudding, 10 slices of tomato.

Something like that. 10 of everything, anyway.

It's £10, but if you can finish it all in 10 minutes (without having a coronary), it's free. Crucially you're not allowed any tea with it either, which would make the toast hard going for a start.

Square sausage, hash browns, tatty scones, scrambled egg with a smidgen of chives, lean thick smoked bacon, black pudding, brown sauce, toast, mug o' tea.

No beans, please.

10 sausages, 10 bacon, 10 toast, 10 mushrooms, 10 black pudding, 10 slices of tomato.

It's £10, but if you can finish it all in 10 minutes (without having a coronary), it's free. Crucially you're not allowed any tea with it either, which would make the toast hard going for a start.

You gaylord. That is the gayest thing ever written on this board.

What's for lunch? Cock

• Upvote 2

No beans, please.

Ya fucking wha????

H.O.M.O.S.E.X.U.A.L

• Upvote 2

Went to a Cafe this morning and a colleague ordered the big boy breakfast. It had bubble and Squeak on. Surely one of the most bizarre inclusions ever? I was disgusted to see him beaning his breakfast though.

For the record:

2 x Sausage

2 x Bacon

Black Pudding

Loads of Mushrooms

1 x Poached Egg

Hash Brown

Fried Slice

Soda Bread

2 x Buttered Toast (no marg)

OJ

Coffee

Beans neither make or break the brekkie for me. Sometimes I'll have them, sometimes not. If I do the egg has to be seperated from the beans.

• 2 weeks later...

Just come back from my mates wedding in Scotland.

Fucking great time, great place - The Royal Stewart, Gretna - and great people, but fuck me...their diet seems to consist of deep fuckin fried everything, washed down with copious amounts of booze.

Fucking great it is too, but after 3 days my fuckin liver is crying out in protest.

In between the fuckin boss fried brekkies, I had to go for a deep fried Mars Bar, but sadly the fuckin chippie had ran out, so I went for the deep fried black pudding instead.

I was expecting fuckin slices of the stuff, ala onion rings, but nah...the bird just hoyed the fucking whole black pudding into the fryer.

Fucking delish though, but that 3 inch black pudding has had me shitting like a fucking horse for 3 days and counting !

Just come back from my mates wedding in Scotland.

Fucking great time, great place - The Royal Stewart, Gretna - and great people, but fuck me...their diet seems to consist of deep fuckin fried everything, washed down with copious amounts of booze.

Fucking great it is too, but after 3 days my fuckin liver is crying out in protest.

In between the fuckin boss fried brekkies, I had to go for a deep fried Mars Bar, but sadly the fuckin chippie had ran out, so I went for the deep fried black pudding instead.

I was expecting fuckin slices of the stuff, ala onion rings, but nah...the bird just hoyed the fucking whole black pudding into the fryer.

Fucking delish though, but that 3 inch black pudding has had me shitting like a fucking horse for 3 days and counting !

I think i've just been sick. Moderation is an unknown word North of the Border.

Always hated beans - don't know why. Perfect breakfast would be fried eggs, has brown, bacon mushrooms and black pudding, washed down with 3 cups if strong black coffee. With ketchup - brown sauce is foul stuff.

Must say, the Spoons Large Brekky takes some beating value and taste wise (depending on which spoons you eat in obviously)

3 Bacon

2 Egg

2 Sausage

3 Hash Brown

Black Pud

Tomato

Beans

Toast

£3.80

n114047955291369_6172.jpg

I do not usually have Beans on a brekky away from Spoons though, must say.

My ultimate choice would be...

2 Sausage

3 Bacon

2 Eggs

Fried Bread

Tinned Tomato

Black Pud

Hash Browns

Shit load of toast/bread and butter

HP Brown

Personal No from me to mushrooms, vile things (although I accept they are a traditional part of a brekky)

Definite No to the addition of chips to make it an "All Day Breakfast". No, that's so fuckin wrong.

• 3 weeks later...
I went out for breakfast yesterday and the “big breakfast” I had was:

Bacon, eggs, sausages, smoked salmon, lamb chop, mushrooms, tomatoes, spinach, hash brown, onion jam, tomato chutney and toast.

Rather good it was.

Spinach? Spinach?? Spinach????

Who are you, Popeye??

There is a Cafe in Bolton that does this bad boy

?type=display

Nobody has yet finished it and the owner Mario makes the customers sign a disclaimer before eating it ha

It has of 10 of each Item in it - Heartattacktastic !!

Bolton's amazing 10-egg big breakfast challenge (From The Bolton News)

that american that was doing man vs food would finish that

• 1 month later...
Branston beans back at 4 for a quid in Asda, lovely stuff.

Branston beans never did it for me mate.

I buy Asda's own brand of mixed beans in tomato sauce - fucking delish.

And, for what it's worth, at the gay cafe on the corner of Church Sq / Tower St - they do a full brekky with :

2 x bacon

2 x sausages (to their own recipie and they are delicious)

2 x fried eggs

tinned tomato

2 x hash browns

black pudding

baked beans

mushrooms

2 x fried bread

4 x toast

and a cup of coffee for £3.95

Best I've ever had.

Ever tried that place "Shiraz" in Williamson Square for a brekky? It's much better than Spoons.

Shiraz is fucking legendary breakfast. Big fuck off effort and a cuppa for £4!

They used to have better sausages though, like greek style, odd shaped ones but very tasty. They've changed to the more "chippy style" of sausage now. Not that it detracts from the overall Shiraz experience

Branston beans never did it for me mate.

I buy Asda's own brand of mixed beans in tomato sauce - fucking delish.

And, for what it's worth, at the gay cafe on the corner of Church Sq / Tower St - they do a full brekky with :

2 x bacon

2 x sausages (to their own recipie and they are delicious)

2 x fried eggs

tinned tomato

2 x hash browns

black pudding

baked beans

mushrooms

2 x fried bread

4 x toast

and a cup of coffee for £3.95

Best I've ever had.

Kenneth-Williams.jpg