You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What constitutes the perfect cooked breakfast?

ISeeRed

Beans with a full English?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Beans with a full English?

• Aye, bean me up, Scotty.
    • Nay, poke your beans up your bum, one at a time.

On 26/06/2022 at 16:00, Bob Spunkmouse said:

Muddy Boots cafe, beside Harewood House, Leeds.

my girl took part in Junior Warrior this morning and if expected to grab a bacon butty while there watching but didn’t get the chance so after as she headed back to her mums and everyone departed their own separate ways me and my missus headed out to a cafe for a breakkie and then a walk around the outside of the Harewood Estate.

been here for breakfast before and pretty sure I’ll have posted it, but here’s todays effort.

£9.00 for Yorkshire Breakfast, including tea or Americano, which is what I had.

Bacon fat raw, which is a huge disappointment for any breakfast, and I’d rather have standard toast rather than sourdough but it was nice.

the rest was spot on. Sausage a little over flavourful for my breakfast palate, but high quality and very meaty.

black pud was lovely.

7/10

D27AC658-D3CB-4924-A11C-CE23225238BD.jpeg

The toast looks like a feet ice lolly.

Not sure where to put this, but this seemed as good a place as any.

I came across a farm butcher last week picking my daughter up from her duke of Edinburgh thing. It's called Taylor's and it's near burscough. They have some decent breakfast ingredients, they do their own range of sausages, black and white pudding, duck eggs and they have a line in bacon, but not sure if they make that - including some middle bacon which I haven't seen for years. Ive not put it all together yet to make a breakfast (and take a photo) but I have tried somethings which have all been good - duck eggs, pork & black pudding sausage and this back bacon they do which it really nice (quite thick). It's been all top quality stuff so far, so if anyone is near by I would suggest it's worth dropping in.

https://taylorsfarmshop.co.uk/

Oh and they do the whole butcher thing too (not just breakfast), I had a belting ribeye on bone steak last week - and they've got lots of seasoned stuff and burgers ready for a barbeque, as well as some of their own ready made meals. 

• Like 1