You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What constitutes the perfect cooked breakfast?

ISeeRed

Beans with a full English?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Beans with a full English?

• Aye, bean me up, Scotty.
    • Nay, poke your beans up your bum, one at a time.

2 hours ago, Captain Willard said:

My french boss just made me this attempt at a cup of tea. 

1A837442-E6D6-41C9-93DA-729A0D0C9243.jpeg

That’s what tea looks like. You’ve just taken a photo of tea and posted it to the internet to tell the internet it’s tea. 

6 hours ago, Anubis said:

No £10 breakfasts at Frank’s gaff…

I've only ever seen the photo of him from the back looking down the Dock Rd  i delivered bread there as a van lad in 76 for Sunblest. 

A Judo blackbelt? Once i walked in and he said something to me that made me and the driver laugh, he's probably well gone now? 

15 hours ago, Anubis said:

No £10 breakfasts at Frank’s gaff…

I remember when I first arrived in London Town as a wet behind the ear ne’er-do-well and going in to just a regular place and being charged for a tenner for a breakfast…

’Can I have a black coffee with that instead of tea, please?’

’Drinks are extra, sir’

‘Why?’

Anyhows thing turned up with a single rasher of bacon, one sausage, a poached egg and a mushroom that took up half the plate. 

Picking my lip up off the floor I phoned my grandmother and told her I’d made a mistake.

This was Saturday, to help myself get over the ordeal I drank heavily and took myself for a Sunday roast, the roast didn’t come with gravy.

Amazed I lasted the week in truth. 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

I remember when I first arrived in London Town as a wet behind the ear ne’er-do-well and going in to just a regular place and being charged for a tenner for a breakfast…

’Drinks are extra, sir’

‘Why?’

Anyhows thing turned up with a single rasher of bacon, one sausage, a poached egg and a mushroom that took up half the plate. 

Picking my lip up off the floor I phoned my grandmother and told her I’d made a mistake.

This was Saturday, to help myself get over the ordeal I drank heavily and took myself for a Sunday roast, the roast didn’t come with gravy.

Lovely place for a sunday roast in London here. Boss little pub and all. London prices but worth it. 

MENUS — THE LYRIC SOHO

1 minute ago, Bruce Spanner said:

I drink in the Lyric from time to time, as did Karl Marx…

The best roast in London is at Darbys in Vauxhall, genuinely sensational.

Nice pub isn't it. 

Haven't been to Darbys I don't think. 

3 hours ago, Bruce Spanner said:

’Drinks are extra, sir’

‘Why?’

You did well avoiding the gravy. London gravy is shit. It's like watered down Bovril. 

9 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

You did well avoiding the gravy. London gravy is shit. It's like watered down Bovril. 

Nah, there’s loads of really good roasts in London now I’ve been able to explore a little and all come with gravy. 

Chips and gravy, shit out of luck, there’s about 10/15 chippies that do it, and most are proper shite.

1 hour ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Nah, there’s loads of really good roasts in London now I’ve been able to explore a little and all come with gravy. 

Chips and gravy, shit out of luck, there’s about 10/15 chippies that do it, and most are proper shite.

I've never had gravy that matches my description of gravy in London. It's always been this brown, thin, flavourless piss. 

• Upvote 1