You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What constitutes the perfect cooked breakfast?

ISeeRed

Beans with a full English?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Beans with a full English?

• Aye, bean me up, Scotty.
    • Nay, poke your beans up your bum, one at a time.

Needed to get away from the Ukraine thread so headed on up to the Greasy spoon up the road from me. He came back with another sausage and hash brown as he thought I wanted a regular breakfast not the special (I didn’t correct him) £8.50 with a cup of tea.

Quality of the sausage was suspect and it had undercooked bacon so it wasn’t great but for the price I couldn’t argue. 5.5/10. 

Might have been nice to use the sausage as a breakwater for the beans. He did give me a free mini muffin. 

61720D7F-767E-4CC0-B662-8F38C6F9F223.jpeg

• Upvote 2

Just now, JagSquared said:

Needed to get away from the Ukraine thread so headed on up to the Greasy spoon up the road from me. He came back with another sausage and hash brown as he thought I wanted a regular breakfast not the special (I didn’t correct him) £8.50 with a cup of tea.

Quality of the sausage was suspect and it had undercooked bacon so it wasn’t great but for the price I couldn’t argue. 5.5/10. 

Might have been nice to use the sausage as a breakwater for the beans. He did give me a free mini muffin. 

If this got served up to some of those poor Ukrainians, sheltering overnight in the Kyiv Underground System, they’d forget those pesky Russians and declare war on your local Greasy Spoon instead.

37 minutes ago, JagSquared said:

DizzyDecimalAndeancat-size_restricted.gi

• Upvote 2

48 minutes ago, JagSquared said:

£8.50 & for the price you couldn't argue?

What in the name of fuck.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

52 minutes ago, JagSquared said:

Decent plate. Well, it would be without the food on it.

• Upvote 7

1 hour ago, JagSquared said:

The beans are threatening to expand both East and West. The sausage had no option but to launch a full scale invasion. 

3 hours ago, JagSquared said:

Not shabby for £8.50 though obviously you should have black pudding instead of beans. The sausage looks suspicious. I’m saying 6/10. 

42 minutes ago, Pureblood said:

Can't be higher than a 3/10.  There's just no love in that, from the contents to the presentation.  It's the very definition of quantity over quality.  The only redeeming feature is that the bacon is well cooked and has been rewarded with a safe space away from the evil beans. 

Bit like your posting then.

6 hours ago, JagSquared said:

I can only assume that the fella has featured on one those paedo hunter video's on Facebook.

23 hours ago, JagSquared said:

Did you ask for brown toast, or is it them that needs their windows putting through?

On 25/02/2022 at 14:10, JagSquared said:

"Undercooked bacon". Are you blind ?

14 minutes ago, Total Longo said:

"Undercooked bacon". Are you blind ?

It was weird he’d burnt the top edge but the rest was pale and undercooked. Shocking how you can simultaneously undercook and burn something. 

On 26/02/2022 at 13:15, Curly said:

Did you ask for brown toast, or is it them that needs their windows putting through?

I did, I make no apologies for that. I prefer brown bread for toast but crucially it needs to be buttered while still warm which this wasn’t. 

• Upvote 1

Premier Inn East Thurrock. First Premier Inn I’ve stayed in since the pandemic struck.

pleasantly surprised overall. You sort of know what you’re going to get with a premier inn breakkie. Your egg is going to be over cooked by the hot lamp, and the bacon will have some inconsistency.

overall, black pud was above average, sausages were ace, tomato was nice, bacon was better than it looked, muzzies were nice, and the coffee was good.

I’ll settle for that.

26ADEE9E-7803-4703-89CF-1A2B24B01B79.jpeg

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

Premier Inn East Thurrock. First Premier Inn I’ve stayed in since the pandemic struck.

pleasantly surprised overall. You sort of know what you’re going to get with a premier inn breakkie. Your egg is going to be over cooked by the hot lamp, and the bacon will have some inconsistency.

overall, black pud was above average, sausages were ace, tomato was nice, bacon was better than it looked, muzzies were nice, and the coffee was good.

I’ll settle for that.

Looks like a 6/10. Loses points for beans obviously and what is that weird yellow stuff on the right of the bacon ? 

6 minutes ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

I’ll settle for that.

I assume that’s a very large whisky 

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

I’ll settle for that.

I stand with Travelodge

1 hour ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

I’ll settle for that.

Doesn’t look too bad for a budget hotel brekkie, apart from the beans. You’ve nearly Col’d that toast though.

1 hour ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

I’ll settle for that.

I’m not happy with the shape of the egg. No way a chicken laid that. Long and thin! It’s probably a Giraffe egg or one laid by my friend Darren who also shares these dimensions.