You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What constitutes the perfect cooked breakfast?

ISeeRed

Beans with a full English?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Beans with a full English?

• Aye, bean me up, Scotty.
    • Nay, poke your beans up your bum, one at a time.

2 hours ago, Karl_b said:

I went to the butchers yesterday for our Christmas order. Whilst there I picked up some proper fucking sausages and delicious smoked bacon for the weekend. Last night I had an epiphany: breakfast for tea. So here's my first home cooked entry to this thread but offered as an evening meal.

It was all delicious, the duck egg a triumph, the mushrooms cooked well and, of course, the beautiful, beautiful beans. My only regret was forgetting to pick up some black pudding.

8/10.

IMG_20211210_184931.jpg

It looks like a Pink Floyd video. 

3 hours ago, Karl_b said:

I went to the butchers yesterday for our Christmas order. Whilst there I picked up some proper fucking sausages and delicious smoked bacon for the weekend. Last night I had an epiphany: breakfast for tea. So here's my first home cooked entry to this thread but offered as an evening meal.

It was all delicious, the duck egg a triumph, the mushrooms cooked well and, of course, the beautiful, beautiful beans. My only regret was forgetting to pick up some black pudding.

8/10.

IMG_20211210_184931.jpg

I was struggling to find anything derogatory to say despite your shameless pulse perversion but then I spotted a Cote du Rhone in the top left corner. Drinking mediocre red wine with your breakfast is proper scruff behaviour. You need help. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Karl_b said:

8/10.

IMG_20211210_184931.jpg

Duck eggs are fucking brilliant and that bacon, sausage and beans look good too. But you can fuck off with that fungus and whatever that bread is pretending to be next to it. 

• Upvote 2

59 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Have a load of this you slags!

Koffee Pot - Manchester £9.95 (Coffee not included.

Glorious.

840CD3AE-E4B1-4264-BC30-4D94D6E62D91.jpeg

Why did the chef wipe his arse with raw bacon?

Sausage looks like it's developing sores from a nuclear dose of radiation.

Burnt tomato?

Mushrooms, slice the cunts.

No black or fishcake for me.

Nice beans and egg.

Where's the toast?

Manchester, WTF?!

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Karl_b said:

8/10.

IMG_20211210_184931.jpg

That is a fucking great egg.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Karl_b said:

8/10.

IMG_20211210_184931.jpg

Looks absolutely super, that. I’d rather the toast be a triangle - cause I’m a bit posh like - but I’m only saying that cause Remmie gets annoyed if we don’t find a negative.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Captain Willard said:

I was struggling to find anything derogatory to say despite your shameless pulse perversion but then I spotted a Cote du Rhone in the top left corner. Drinking mediocre red wine with your breakfast is proper scruff behaviour. You need help. 

I got given the wine, with a 3 week old baby in the house I'd happily drink paint thinner at the moment.

12 hours ago, Karl_b said:

8/10.

IMG_20211210_184931.jpg

If you stare at that egg yolk long enough Origi's face appears.

On 11/12/2021 at 07:18, Karl_b said:

8/10.

IMG_20211210_184931.jpg

Spot on bar the lack of toast, I've normally eaten that much before I've sat down.

On 11/12/2021 at 09:46, Bruce Spanner said:

Have a load of this you slags!

Koffee Pot - Manchester £9.95 (Coffee not included.

Glorious.

840CD3AE-E4B1-4264-BC30-4D94D6E62D91.jpeg

Is that one of those plates that they cook it on all at the same time? Have you got the picture of after they put it through some heat mate?

On 09/12/2021 at 12:36, Dr Nowt said:

Change of pace here, but just had one of those delivered.

F460D4C4-9779-4401-A846-6F0081B3E195.jpeg

1E4D3623-7090-4D86-BC8C-E7D7591C3909.gif

Quality that. Where did you order from mate? We are desperate for a new chopping board before Christmas - what was the delivery time on it? 

• Upvote 1

On 11/12/2021 at 07:18, Karl_b said:

8/10.

IMG_20211210_184931.jpg

Yeah, ok. You know what - if I came to yours and you served me that, I’d go “nice one for that mate”.

And if that’s not high praise, I don’t know what is.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Belarus said:

Quality that. Where did you order from mate? We are desperate for a new chopping board before Christmas - what was the delivery time on it? 

Slightly off topic. But my kids wanted to go to the "German" market they've done at the back of st George's hall. It is absolutely shite, it's basically just food stalls from a festival, some "pick n mix" stalls, a couple of shite bars and about 5 other places, 3 of which all sell chopping boards. So don't be surprised if you get a chopping board or two for Christmas!