ISeeRed

What constitutes the perfect cooked breakfast?

Beans with a full English?  

217 members have voted

1. 1. Beans with a full English?

• Aye, bean me up, Scotty.
    • Nay, poke your beans up your bum, one at a time.

I take it back - hotel with that kind of view, serving a breakfast for under a tenner is decent value. 

Obviously I don’t mean for the amount of food you get! But I was expecting it to be double that. 

4 hours ago, Mook said:

It's a tattie scone.

Which is a potato scone & a staple on a full Scottish.

I'd ask them to leave out the staple when ordering it.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Belarus said:

I know a lad who puts ketchup on his Sunday dinner and a Chinese. Fucking weirdo 

I’ve said it before, but my brother made this mistake some twenty years back and put ketchup on my his roast.

Reckons he can still feel the slap he got off our grandmother to this day.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, lifetime fan said:

I notice you didn’t mention the price Rich…

And one fucking sausage???

The price of the hotel was enough. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, TheBitch said:

The price of the hotel was enough. 

Congratulations on ruining your life BTW

• Upvote 1

Two entries from me from my work travels last week; both from the buffet selection.

Firstly, the Jury's Inn in Manchester. Not bad really, decent black pudding and bacon but the sausages were a bit cheap. Included in the room price but £10ish to buy, I recall. 6/10.

Secondly, The Grosvenor in Mayfair. A very mixed bag, great quality sausages but average bacon and they only had scrambled eggs and they were very, very wet. No black pudding and noone offered me any toast so I had to pad it out with potatoes. Included in the price of the room but showing as £30 on the receipt. An absolute travesty at that price. 3/10.

IMG_20211013_080739.jpg

IMG_20211014_073946.jpg

• Upvote 4

The wife occasionally has toast for breakfast and spreads tomato sauce on it. 

When people, who are obviously deranged and short sighted, see us together and accuse me of punching above my weight, I think of her munching this debacle and look at my detractors with the disdain they deserve. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Karl_b said:

Two entries from me from my work travels last week; both from the buffet selection.

Firstly, the Jury's Inn in Manchester. Not bad really, decent black pudding and bacon but the sausages were a bit cheap. Included in the room price but £10ish to buy, I recall. 6/10.

Secondly, The Grosvenor in Mayfair. A very mixed bag, great quality sausages but average bacon and they only had scrambled eggs and they were very, very wet. No black pudding and noone offered me any toast so I had to pad it out with potatoes. Included in the price of the room but showing as £30 on the receipt. An absolute travesty at that price. 3/10.

IMG_20211013_080739.jpg

IMG_20211014_073946.jpg

The first picture is really quite depressing, it’s like a 1980s soviet Christmas card. 

The second picture has drilled home exactly why Gal kept turning Dom down to be at the Grosvenor in sexy beast. That isn’t scrambled egg, it’s sick. I can count on one hand the amount of times I’ve sent food back, I rarely ever complain I’ll just sit there stewing on it but I’d send that back and ask them to crack me a couple of eggs into a pan, whisk it and put some heat on the fucking things. The bacon looks cheap especially for a Mayfair hotel, the sausage looks really nice to be fair you should have about 6 of them at that price. The beans look fucking revolting and cubed potatoes nah somethings not right here. Hmmm Jackie big tits 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Karl_b said:

IMG_20211013_080739.jpg

IMG_20211014_073946.jpg

There seems to be a fashion developing whereby toast is served disguised as bread. Hopefully it will soon go the way of tracksuit trousers tucked into socks and soon be acceptable only on the fringes of society; e.g Barnsley or Prison. 

Those cubed potatoes are a fucking disgrace. I’d be screaming at the fuckers for appearing unapologetically on my plate.  

Clearly the sick is your reaction to being exposed to the cube cunts. Fair fucks, anyone would struggle not to puke when having those potato scoundrels placed in front of them. 

• Upvote 1

There is definitely an American invasion happening on the humble Full English and it seems to be taking potato form. Gash browns, tater tots or fries are definitely trying to infiltrate. 

Take them to a fucking gulag

• Upvote 2

Todays pickings for me and Mrs TheBitch, eggs Benedict for her, smoked salmon and scrambled eggs for me, I also threw a bit of black pudding on mine because it’s black pudding. 

4C2B25F4-3852-449E-A897-B41AE7C6FA12.jpeg

• Upvote 8

4 hours ago, TheBitch said:

Todays pickings for me and Mrs TheBitch, eggs Benedict for her, smoked salmon and scrambled eggs for me, I also threw a bit of black pudding on mine because it’s black pudding. 

Did they just slice the muffin and chuck it on the plate? 

4 hours ago, TheBitch said:

Repped for the ring mate. X

6 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

I can count on one hand the amount of times I’ve sent food back, I rarely ever complain I’ll just sit there stewing on it but I’d send that back

"I'd like to send this back to the Chef."

"It is a buffett sir."

10 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

"I'd like to send this back to the Chef."

"It is a buffett sir."

"Send that back an'all"

7 hours ago, Karl_b said:

IMG_20211013_080739.jpg

IMG_20211014_073946.jpg

2nd one doesn't look too good apart those horrendous scrambled eggs.

9 hours ago, Karl_b said:

IMG_20211013_080739.jpg

IMG_20211014_073946.jpg

That scrambled egg has genuinely upset me. What the fuck is the little red blob to the top left ? The whole thing looks like a symptom of late stage bowel cancer.

The sausage looks tasty though. 

8 hours ago, TheBitch said:

Over hand grip by Mrs Bitch there.

Salmon up there some of the best I have ever had.

This is mine this morning. Co-op chipolatas (lovely), black pudding, smoked bacon, double egg (bit of a fuck up that) and fried bread.

And please carefully note, NO FUCKING BEANS!!!

20211023_120143[1].jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1