You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What constitutes the perfect cooked breakfast?

ISeeRed

Beans with a full English?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Beans with a full English?

• Aye, bean me up, Scotty.
    • Nay, poke your beans up your bum, one at a time.

30 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

I thought I’d treat my youngest to a fancy lunch at Morrison’s Supermarket Cafe. His choice…

A breakfast.

DF266710-B94D-4C87-AA11-A2BFF4008DD2.jpeg

Kudos, that's one of the most tragic photos I've ever seen. A child sitting as still as startled prey, dog turd sausages in front of him like a threat of violence. The slop of bean juice onto the plate hinting it was thrown in front of him with sheer disdain.

I've seen images of war less graphically depressing.

• Upvote 5

20 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Did you have anything @YorkshireRed or did you just sit there commentating on his?

“Look at the state of that sausage. You should be ashamed of yourself, you sick fuck”

”The bacon isn’t even cooked. Would have been better for you if we’d gone ahead with the abortion”

I had a Latte. I was going to eat his toast but it didn’t turn up. The place was a shit hole, service appalling and the photo demonstrates the quality of the food. 

He enjoyed it but I’ve spent years teaching him to have low expectations of anything and everything. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Kudos, that's one of the most tragic photos I've ever seen. A child sitting as still as startled prey, dog turd sausages in front of him like a threat of violence. The slop of bean juice onto the plate hinting it was thrown in front of him with sheer disdain.

The woman who served him was around 160. She could also have been in her early 20’s. Sometimes it’s hard to tell in parts of Wakefield. 

• Upvote 3

On 23/08/2021 at 10:18, Evelyn Tentions said:

Fucking disgusting.

Beans have no place on a fry up, whether you like them or not. A cheap plate filler introducrd by cheap transport caffs in London to fill the plate at minimal cost.Tasteless lumps of starch flavoured by a revolting imitation tomato glop full of chemical additives.

Potato things have only been used for the last few years, reconstituted mash held together by addittives. Used because its easier than making a proper fried bread slice.

That black pudding looks like it was cut with a bacon slicer. If it was any thinner you'd be able to see the plate through it.What happened to proper black puddings like this. At least the same size as the bags of meat flavoured bread crumbs sold as sausages.

black pudding.jpg

I think I'll get double beans next time. 

4 hours ago, Tony Moanero said:

Nowadays, I’d have two or three sausages, two rashers of bacon, two slices of black pudding, mushrooms, two tomatoes and a couple of slices of toast.

And you owe your new svelt figure to knocking the apple juice on the head.

Kudos.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

It's known as the 'Maddie Special' on the Morrison's menu.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, YorkshireRed said:

I thought I’d treat my youngest to a fancy lunch at Morrison’s Supermarket Cafe. His choice…

A breakfast.

DF266710-B94D-4C87-AA11-A2BFF4008DD2.jpeg

I've just come off anti-depressants. I think it might be time to go back on them.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

8 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

Fucking hell. The bacon is bad enough, but what the fuck is that next to it? 

Screenshot_20210824-135313.jpg

John Bobbits cock by the look of it.

That's gourmet compared to the shite they used to dish out in our works canteen back in the day. At least they've threatened that bacon with the grill.

18 hours ago, Tony Moanero said:

Nowadays, I’d have two or three sausages, two rashers of bacon, two slices of black pudding, mushrooms, two tomatoes and a couple of slices of toast.

No egg of any description, Tone? Three fried eggs to zero eggs is a hell of s step.

I know that tinned baked beans are horrible shite and I never have them, but also think the anti-bean cognoscenti need to realise there’s a big difference between Baz’s breakfast where most of the stuff looks good and the beans are kept apart in a ramekin, and Bob’s where all the food is swimming in a cardboard box of beans.

The latter deserves nuclear ire and ridicule, the former isn’t too bad in the great scheme of things.

6 minutes ago, Jose Jones said:

I know that tinned baked beans are horrible shite and I never have them, but also think the anti-bean cognoscenti need to realise there’s a big difference between Baz’s breakfast where most of the stuff looks good and the beans are kept apart in a ramekin, and Bob’s where all the food is swimming in a cardboard box of beans.

The latter deserves nuclear ire and ridicule, the former isn’t too bad in the great scheme of things.

They're both evil; the extreme nature of the latter has just convinced you that the former is somehow almost acceptable now. Like wearing skinny jeans because at least they're not ripped and paired with gimp shoes. Have some standards man. Say no to beans.

• Upvote 2