You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What constitutes the perfect cooked breakfast?

ISeeRed

Beans with a full English?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Beans with a full English?

• Aye, bean me up, Scotty.
    • Nay, poke your beans up your bum, one at a time.

1 minute ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

Can't you see what he's done? He's legalised tinned fruit on a breakfast. 

hqdefault.jpg

Hahaha. Cards on the table - the fruit wasn’t mine, it was mrs bela’s. And she only ate the grapes off it. Wasteful

• 2 weeks later...

Up in Spean Bridge for 4 nights for my other half’s birthday, and some walking in the highlands.

after a journey up from Yorkshire that lasted for 11 hours in total, we grabbed some essentials from Morrison’s including this wonderful Simon Howie Big Breakfast Pack.

gotta say, had low expectations and they were so wrong.

7D302B4E-569B-4062-BD79-25F5653F0B2C.jpeg

50038FB9-1613-4E9E-AB8D-2E1E725DAE51.jpeg

• Upvote 9

I went back to ddk in pimlico this week. The choice of 1 sausage was mine - the breakfast comes with one of stuff and you top it up. 12 quid including tea. There was pretty much nothing wrong with it at all, I couldn't find anything I'd have changed really, except the white pudding was small, so I might have doubled that. All good quality food, all well cooked. And for you weird non-beaners, the beans are in a pot. I don't think I can ever give anything a 10 as the search for the perfect cooked breakfast would be over. But this is as good as I've had in a long enough time I can't recall a better one. And for that part of the world, pretty good value. 

IMG_20210818_103608.jpg

• Upvote 11

13 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

There was pretty much nothing wrong with it at all

I beg to differ. 

Another breakfast that’s been dragged through some shrubbery but even the majority of this wasn’t going to be seen dead on this plate so jumped right off. 

One of the tomatoes looks like it could tell you what it did during the war (the First World War at that).

No idea what those are above the black pudding but I assume they have been placed there in order to embarrass the country that gave its name to this breakfast.

Only one sausage! Shambles, unless you’d eaten the other three before you remembered your photography responsibilities. 

Bacon looks nice.

Never justify your bean choices to the mentalists on here. They are beyond hope. 

Lastly, and not strictly related to the breakfast. You appear to be wearing a pair of grey strides on a Sunday morning. Unless you are John Major in real life, this appears to be a strange choice of casual attire.

7/10

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, YorkshireRed said:

I beg to differ. 

Another breakfast that’s been dragged through some shrubbery but even the majority of this wasn’t going to bed seen dead on this plate so jumped right off. 

One of the tomatoes looks like it could tell you what it during the war (the First World War at that).

No idea what those are above the black pudding but I assume they have been placed there in order to embarrass the country that gave its name to this breakfast.

Only one sausage! Shambles, unless you’d eaten the other three before you remembered your photography responsibilities. 

Bacon looks nice.

Never justify your bean choices to the mentalists on here. They are beyond hope. 

Lastly, and not strictly related to the breakfast. You appear to be wearing a pair of grey strides on a Sunday morning. Unless you are John Major in real life, this appears to be a strange choice of casual attire.

7/10

Don't be picking on the white pudding. It was another tremendous part of the breakfast. The lack of 2nd sausage was merely to prevent me needing a sleep after. This was Wednesday, not today, so work to do and explains the strides. 9.5/10. 

Just now, Barrington Womble said:

Don't be picking on the white pudding. It was another tremendous part of the breakfast. The lack of 2nd sausage was merely to prevent me needing a sleep after. This was Wednesday, not today, so work to do and explains the strides. 9.5/10. 

Ok - I’ll up my score to 7.5/10 for justifiable wearing of grey trousers.

1 minute ago, Barrington Womble said:

Most generous of you. Now this 12 year old thread needs you to find something in Yorkshire that matches it. I think we'd all agree it would be good for the thread. 

I’m out for breakfast on Thursday, before a trip to the Headingley Test Match. My mate has suggested the relatively new Wetherspoons that’s close ish to the ground so we can also down a couple of pints.

My preference would be some independent cafe but, either way, I’ll post a photo of what I have. 

1 minute ago, YorkshireRed said:

I’m out for breakfast on Thursday, before a trip to the Headingley Test Match. My mate has suggested the relatively new Wetherspoons that’s close ish to the ground so we can also down a couple of pints.

My preference would be some independent cafe but, either way, I’ll post a photo of what I have. 

I feel frightened for you going to the depths of wetherspoons for breakfast. 

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I went back to ddk in pimlico this week. The choice of 1 sausage was mine - the breakfast comes with one of stuff and you top it up. 12 quid including tea. There was pretty much nothing wrong with it at all, I couldn't find anything I'd have changed really, except the white pudding was small, so I might have doubled that. All good quality food, all well cooked. And for you weird non-beaners, the beans are in a pot. I don't think I can ever give anything a 10 as the search for the perfect cooked breakfast would be over. But this is as good as I've had in a long enough time I can't recall a better one. And for that part of the world, pretty good value. 

IMG_20210818_103608.jpg

Nothing wrong with it?????? There's a load of fucking beans right in the middle of it, that's what's wrong with it!

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3