Quantcast
What constitutes the perfect cooked breakfast? - Page 431 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
ISeeRed

What constitutes the perfect cooked breakfast?

Beans with a full English?  

209 members have voted

1. 1. Beans with a full English?

• Aye, bean me up, Scotty.
    • Nay, poke your beans up your bum, one at a time.

Dunno if that Danny bloke had a load of videos stored up or whether he's just trying to cash in on his sudden popularity (or both), but he's released 14 videos in the last week.

1 minute ago, Mudface said:

Dunno if that Danny bloke had a load of videos stored up or whether he's just trying to cash in on his sudden popularity (or both), but he's released 14 videos in the last week.

Lets hope for his health he had a load in his locker 

To be fair, this looks ace apart from the full loaf. The gimmick is exactly that, but it's just too much bread. But the sausages and bacon look well cooked, for a change, which is always my bugbear if i order a cooked brekky.

Not bothered about pancakes either.

I like this lad's videos, but i can't see him ever slagging anything off even if he genuinely didn't like it. He just seems too nice a guy.

20 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

I miss this thread containing actual shit breakfasts

I find myself pining for a photo of @Bjornebye’s sticklebacks on on toast. 

Too true man - thread had gone a little Facebook here.

@aRdja moving has seen a drastic drop in quality. 

And quantity.

And cost.

• Upvote 4

5 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

Too true man - thread had gone a little Facebook here.

@aRdja moving has seen a drastic drop in quality. 

And quantity.

And cost.

I haven’t had a full English since I moved really. They don’t really do it here. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, aRdja said:

I haven’t had a full English since I moved really. They don’t really do it here. 

I can't remember any of the ones you posted being one anyway mate 

3 minutes ago, aRdja said:

You're in Australia I think? What about blag ones, or do you value your health more than our entertainment?

2 minutes ago, Elite said:

What do you get on a full Aussie? Kangaroo bollocks, Koala Bear teeth and a deep fried Tarantula?

Cooked by Rolf Harris and served by Dame Edna. It's a tough country.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Mudface said:

You're in Australia I think? What about blag ones, or do you value your health more than our entertainment?

A lot of the cafes serve hipster meals like smashed avocado. Some of them do “big breakfast” but not quite the same, as black pudding is a real niche product here, and no one eats beans. You could try get it made to order but it’d end up being very expensive... Let’s use this very popular cafe not far from where I used to live as a case study.

http://www.hobba.com.au/menu

First you pick “Specialty free range eggs” from the breakfast menu, and that’ll already cost you $11

Then you add the sides;

+$5 for Sausage 

+$7 for Jamon (the closest thing to bacon)

+$6 for Mushrooms and blistered trus tomatoes

So that meal would end up costing you $29 (£16) and it’d probably be tasty but not really proper full english.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, aRdja said:

A lot of the cafes serve hipster meals like smashed avocado. Some of them do “big breakfast” but not quite the same as black pudding is a real niche product here, and no one eats beans. You could try get it made to order but it’d end up being very expensive... Let’s use this very popular cafe not far from where I used to live as a case study.

First you pick “Specialty free range eggs” from the breakfast menu, and that’d already cost $11

Then you add the sides;

+$5 for Sausage 

So that meal would end up costing you $29 (£16) and it’s probably be tasty but not really proper full english.

I can believe that. Thats why Rolf had to come over here to be a nonce. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, aRdja said:

A lot of the cafes serve hipster meals like smashed avocado. Some of them do “big breakfast” but not quite the same as black pudding is a real niche product here, and no one eats beans. You could try get it made to order but it’d end up being very expensive... Let’s use this very popular cafe not far from where I used to live as a case study.

First you pick “Specialty free range eggs” from the breakfast menu, and that’d already cost $11

Then you add the sides;

+$5 for Sausage 

So that meal would end up costing you $29 (£16) and it’s probably be tasty but not really proper full english.

To be fair, it sounds like London... 

Yeah, not really worth doing. It's no wonder we punished people by sending them there. All those filthy bean deniers rowing their way to the beat of a 57 Varieties drum.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, aRdja said:

A lot of the cafes serve hipster meals like smashed avocado. Some of them do “big breakfast” but not quite the same, as black pudding is a real niche product here, and no one eats beans. You could try get it made to order but it’d end up being very expensive... Let’s use this very popular cafe not far from where I used to live as a case study.

First you pick “Specialty free range eggs” from the breakfast menu, and that’ll already cost you $11

Then you add the sides;

+$5 for Sausage 

So that meal would end up costing you $29 (£16) and it’d probably be tasty but not really proper full english.

£16?

Robbing bastards, well I suppose it's in their DNA.

6 minutes ago, Mudface said:

To be fair, it sounds like London... 

Yeah, not really worth doing. It's no wonder we punished people by sending them there. All those filthy bean deniers rowing their way to the beat of a 57 Varieties drum.

That makes sense. I arrived in the UK a bean hater in 2015, and throughout my full english breakfast journey I ended up liking the thing. I haven’t had it since I moved back though. 

4 minutes ago, Elite said:

£16?

Robbing bastards, well I suppose it's in their DNA.

Daylight. For 1 sausage, 2 eggs, a piece of toast, maybe 2 slices of jamon but probably just one, and some tomatoes and mushrooms. 

4 minutes ago, aRdja said:

That makes sense. I arrived in the UK a bean hater in 2015, and throughout my full english breakfast journey I ended up liking the thing. I haven’t had it since I moved back though. 

I know your portions were always pretty small for 25 quid or whatever but 1 solitary bean is just taking the piss. 

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

I know your portions were always pretty small for 25 quid or whatever but 1 solitary bean is just taking the piss. 

Reminded me of this..

7 hours ago, aRdja said:

Then you add the sides;

+$5 for Sausage 

Jamon? Sorry mate, are you suggesting that Aussies don't eat bacon? Strewth cobber, chuck me a jamon sanger.

I'm calling shenanigans on that. Besides which, bacon is clearly mentioned several times on that menu you linked to.

28 minutes ago, General Dryness said:

Jamon? Sorry mate, are you suggesting that Aussies don't eat bacon? Strewth cobber, chuck me a jamon sanger.

I'm calling shenanigans on that. Besides which, bacon is clearly mentioned several times on that menu you linked to.

Of course they do. This particular cafe doesn’t offer it as a side though, unless I’m blind.