You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What constitutes the perfect cooked breakfast?

ISeeRed

Beans with a full English?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Beans with a full English?

• Aye, bean me up, Scotty.
    • Nay, poke your beans up your bum, one at a time.

8 minutes ago, Mudface said:

Christ. I'd be wanting the pig and half a dozen loaves for that.

It was room service so that bumped it up but I remember fresh orange being £8.  I have never been back. 

Edit; I should point out I only stayed there as I had a billion points from staying at the Holiday Inn at Heathrow when I worked in Staines.  

12 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

I once paid £25 for a bacon sandwich at the Intercontinental on Park Lane.  It was shit.  

Disgraceful.

I remember staying at the grafton in London and paid £30 for a pizza and a coke on room service. Was a fucking own label oven pizza. Shite.

Although I’ve just seen that you added £8, so if that takes you to £33, then my one was £35.

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

@Paulie Dangerously How did your dad manage to get himself barred from a cafe?

My nan lives round the corner and they left their van right outside her house, it was filled with rubbish and stank. He went in to complain and in the process told them they'd left it unlocked. They asked how he knew, and he said that he'd tried all the doors and it was open. They didn't like that and things escalated to the point he was asked to leave and not return. 

Edit: we love a boycott us Dangerouslys. We once boycotted a fruit and veg shop because they made a mildly sarcastic comment about the amount of tomatoes my nan was buying. 

• Upvote 7

15 minutes ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

My nan lives round the corner and they left their van right outside her house, it was filled with rubbish and stank. He went in to complain and in the process told them they'd left it unlocked. They asked how he knew, and he said that he'd tried all the doors and it was open. They didn't like that and things escalated to the point he was asked to leave and not return. 

Edit: we love a boycott us Dangerouslys. We once boycotted a fruit and veg shop because they made a mildly sarcastic comment about the amount of tomatoes my nan was buying. 

My wife might well be descended from the Dangerouslys.

She’s a keen boycotter as well. In her case she usually does it without the establishment knowing or because of something she did, not them. 

The local garage is currently on the black list because she accidentally drove off without paying and they took appropriate steps to recover their losses.

We’ve since moved but she also boycotted the local convenience store for years as she’d congratulated the owners daughter on her pregnancy, only to be informed she wasn’t with child. 

The above, in her head, were the fault of the other party, not hers, so she boycotts with the righteousness of the truly wronged. 

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

Repped for being banned/boycotting. We’re not related, are we?

12 hours ago, YorkshireRed said:

Ken Morrison’s contribution to the cause. It is what it is. I had to purchase extra toast which knocks a mark off. The lady who served me it was kindly so mark back on. 

Distinctly average but doing the job and still a lot better than anything from the Kurtz stable of breakfasts shaming the nation.

5/10. 

9C9A1D37-5E5E-4B18-8FF6-522A4BBB043C.jpeg

I had the big breakfast at Morrison’s on Saturday while my little girl had scrambled eggs on toast. Practically none of mine other than the others egg was good. The bacon was undercooked, the sausage was cheap shite, the fried bread was horrible (but fried bread is horrible, so I’d have swapped it out if I’d realised it was coming), the tomato was raw, the beans were microwaved but probably the next best bit after the egg.

the mushrooms were so bad I left them.

the toast was warm bread.

it wasn’t expensive, but still gets 2/10 and not worthy of a photo.

12 hours ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

And they have capitalised quintessentially for no reason. 

There is a reason. In fact, two.

1) They're cunts.

2) When they order they can say QBB and the cunts at both ends will know what they're ordering.

I feel like I've forgotten anothr reason.....

Oh yes.

3) They're cunts.

2 minutes ago, Fluter in Dakota said:

There is a reason. In fact, two.

1) They're cunts.

2) When they order they can say QBB and the cunts at both ends will know what they're ordering.

I feel like I've forgotten anothr reason.....

Oh yes.

3) They're cunts.

Words like Quintessential should always be capitalised. They’re what made Britain great. Having said that people believing that words such as quintessential made Britain great is one of the reasons we’re not great anymore. 

As you were...  

12 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

Words like Quintessential should always be capitalised. They’re what made Britain great. Having said that people believing that words such as quintessential made Britain great is one of the reasons we’re not great anymore. 

As you were...  

Quint is of French origin. As is the word essence. So Britain is made great by taking something French and pretendending it's British?

We are talking about Gordon Ramsay so that makes perfect sense. Fucking cunt.

1 hour ago, Fluter in Dakota said:

So Britain is made great by taking something French and pretendending it's British?

Not always French but much of our perceived ‘greatness’ has/was built on the innovation of others. Nothing particularly wrong with that until these origins are conveniently forgotten in a nationalistic fervour.

I was joking by the way, I don’t really think quintessential should be capitalised or that it put the great into Britain. 

4 minutes ago, Dave D said:

I had a toasted sausage sandwich at the weekend with plenty of these two on it- it works. Needs good sausages though  

image.png

Not sure if I'm following this correctly but are you suggesting that you put pepper and jam... JAM... on a sausage sandwich?