Jump to content
ISeeRed

What constitutes the perfect cooked breakfast?

Beans with a full English?  

213 members have voted

  1. 1. Beans with a full English?

    • Aye, bean me up, Scotty.
      124
    • Nay, poke your beans up your bum, one at a time.
      70


Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Barry Wom said:

Where about in the vale is that mate? 

 

I tried that Italian on the vale for the 1st time last week. Thought it was ok, but nothing special

Next to where the old job centre used to be. 

 

Was that the Kurdina? It's ok there but a bit pricy for what it is. Try the Olive over the road. A great chicken gyro 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just got to our apartment in Cape Town, settling in for a bite to eat and a beer.

 

Was tempted by the “Ultimate Avo Breakfast” but opted for a quesadilla instead.

 

playing golf at 7:45 tomorrow so unlikely to fit a breakfast in until the next morning when we’re at our hotel in Franschhoek so I’ll keep you posted from there.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Bob Spunkmouse said:

Just got to our apartment in Cape Town, settling in for a bite to eat and a beer.

 

Was tempted by the “Ultimate Avo Breakfast” but opted for a quesadilla instead.

 

playing golf at 7:45 tomorrow so unlikely to fit a breakfast in until the next morning when we’re at our hotel in Franschhoek so I’ll keep you posted from there.

What constitutes the perfect cooked breakfast, Abroad?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

Just got to our apartment in Cape Town, settling in for a bite to eat and a beer.

 

Was tempted by the “Ultimate Avo Breakfast” but opted for a quesadilla instead.

 

playing golf at 7:45 tomorrow so unlikely to fit a breakfast in until the next morning when we’re at our hotel in Franschhoek so I’ll keep you posted from there.

 

89CED0D5-D2A3-480D-9988-991D404C82DF.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

Just got to our apartment in Cape Town, settling in for a bite to eat and a beer.

 

Was tempted by the “Ultimate Avo Breakfast” but opted for a quesadilla instead.

 

playing golf at 7:45 tomorrow so unlikely to fit a breakfast in until the next morning when we’re at our hotel in Franschhoek so I’ll keep you posted from there.

Yeah just keep us in the loop mate. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know this is a reasonably cheap deal but this is one shoddy plate Morrisons are wheeling out.Anyone going to give it a go?

 

image.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just finished brekkie at our guest house in the winelands, and it was just the ticket.

 

your usual continental mix of bread, cheeses, croissants, fruit and yoghurts, followed by “The Big Bang” breakfast.

 

lacking some of the elements you’ll look for, and therefore questionable how big of a bang it is, but actually, it’s hot here and so my appetite is less.

 

im stuffed after eating it and thoroughly enjoyed every mouthful.669C4CDE-FD1E-4B0C-B772-DF960A9A9324.jpeg.e9c5002a1b3402948e1bea6d17630c90.jpeg

8443DC13-7F81-4B9A-9EB7-976E88F20871.jpeg

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can only imagine that "The big bang" refers to the left hook you feel like throwing after being served this sparsely populated platter. The various elements look almost passable if you squint, maybe they just need to use smaller plates. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

Just finished brekkie at our guest house in the winelands, and it was just the ticket.

 

your usual continental mix of bread, cheeses, croissants, fruit and yoghurts, followed by “The Big Bang” breakfast.

 

lacking some of the elements you’ll look for, and therefore questionable how big of a bang it is, but actually, it’s hot here and so my appetite is less.

 

im stuffed after eating it and thoroughly enjoyed every mouthful.669C4CDE-FD1E-4B0C-B772-DF960A9A9324.jpeg.e9c5002a1b3402948e1bea6d17630c90.jpeg

8443DC13-7F81-4B9A-9EB7-976E88F20871.jpeg

Sausage any good? My mates who’ve been to SA, all raved about their sausages.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Beans aside, what’s on the plate is acceptable, albeit missing some black pudding and at least one more sausage.

 

Nice scenery though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

Just finished brekkie at our guest house in the winelands, and it was just the ticket.

 

your usual continental mix of bread, cheeses, croissants, fruit and yoghurts, followed by “The Big Bang” breakfast.

 

lacking some of the elements you’ll look for, and therefore questionable how big of a bang it is, but actually, it’s hot here and so my appetite is less.

 

im stuffed after eating it and thoroughly enjoyed every mouthful.669C4CDE-FD1E-4B0C-B772-DF960A9A9324.jpeg.e9c5002a1b3402948e1bea6d17630c90.jpeg

 

I'm sorry mate but just fuck off. 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Self made, pre big sporting event meal. 3 sausages, bacon, hash browns, 2 white pudding, 2 eggs and mushies all boss. Fucked the tinned tommy up because I forgot they were there so had to nuke it in the microwave last minute. I need a lie down after it. 

7B1322CD-0419-490E-8DE1-C28EE1CA2DC4.jpeg

  • Upvote 12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sausage and shrooms look outstanding.

 

White pud looks well cooked - eggs look sad, might just be their placement next to the poor pig who besides being uncooked looks to still have whip marks on him.

 

Frozen hash browns and the nuclear tomato paste are minus points.

 

Plus points for fucking off the beans. No toast makes me wonder...

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Bernard Diomede said:

Self made, pre big sporting event meal. 3 sausages, bacon, hash browns, 2 white pudding, 2 eggs and mushies all boss. Fucked the tinned tommy up because I forgot they were there so had to nuke it in the microwave last minute. I need a lie down after it. 

7B1322CD-0419-490E-8DE1-C28EE1CA2DC4.jpeg

I've seen worse. 

 

Million dollar question though, is that bacon smoked or unsmoked? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Sausage and shrooms look outstanding.

 

White pud looks well cooked - eggs look sad, might just be their placement next to the poor pig who besides being uncooked looks to still have whip marks on him.

 

Frozen hash browns and the nuclear tomato paste are minus points.

 

Plus points for fucking off the beans. No toast makes me wonder...

Nah the bacon was perfectly cool. That picture hasn’t done it justice. The marks are off the grill. I’ll take that about the eggs, they weren’t my best effort. I jibbed toast because it would have been too much stodge to get a good bevy down me in a bit. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bernard Diomede said:

Self made, pre big sporting event meal. 3 sausages, bacon, hash browns, 2 white pudding, 2 eggs and mushies all boss. Fucked the tinned tommy up because I forgot they were there so had to nuke it in the microwave last minute. I need a lie down after it. 

7B1322CD-0419-490E-8DE1-C28EE1CA2DC4.jpeg

Looks nice, that. However, I’m a fussy sod, so I’d want the yolks splashed for longer, the tinned tomatoes swapped for fresh ones and black pudding instead of the hash browns. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×