Quantcast
What constitutes the perfect cooked breakfast? - Page 3 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content

Welcome to the new and improved TLW!

Some of you may experience issues logging in and will get an 'incorrect password' error. Don't worry, you haven't typed it in wrong and your password hasn't been changed. You will need to reset it though in order to log in. Click the reset password link and you will receive an email with your new temporary password. Once logged in, you need to choose a new password (or restore to your old one) otherwise you will be locked out again.

If you have an out of date email address linked to your account, then you won't receive the new password. If that's the case then you'll need to email me (dave @liverpoolway.co.uk) or send me a tweet @theliverpoolway and I'll update your password manually. 

Any other problems or questions just let me know.

Thanks

Dave

ISeeRed

What constitutes the perfect cooked breakfast?

Beans with a full English?  

177 members have voted

1. 1. Beans with a full English?

• Aye, bean me up, Scotty.
    • Nay, poke your beans up your bum, one at a time.

The ultimate breakfast, for me:

Three small-medium fluffy pancakes(NA Style, none of this crepe business)

Two sausages (I'm not fussy about cooking style or make: pork, beef --- grilled would be nice)

Four streaky bacon (fried, grilled, whatever... just give me fucking bacon)

Two eggs - Fried.

Toast.

Maple syrup over everything, except the eggs, and toast. Have you ever used the toast to transfer the egg yoke to your stomach? It's an ace delivery system for that.

Orange Juice.

And a Post-Breakfast cuppa to aid in the digestion of said meal.

Two sausages (I'm not fussy about cooking style or make: pork, beef --- grilled would be nice)

Two eggs - Fried.

Toast.

Maple syrup over everything, except the eggs, and toast. Have you ever used the toast to transfer the egg yoke to your stomach? It's an ace delivery system for that.

Orange Juice.

doing_it_wrong_bike.jpg

Two eggs - Fried.

Toast.

Orange Juice.

fail-owned-breakfast-bread-and-bread-fail.jpg

That is just a post out of ignorance, Red Thorpey and Woo.

Ignorance? Just plain wrongness is what it is!

Bet you secretly get some beans on that breakfast and drape them in syrup aswell don't you, you sick fuck!

Not at all. I have no problem with pancakes and maple syrup for breakfast.

However, both these ingredients should be kept entirely separate to your initial fry-up. Maple syrup on meat is just wrong.

Have it as a breakfast dessert maybe?

However, both these ingredients should be kept entirely separate to your initial fry-up. Maple syrup on meat is just wrong.

Do you have retarded tastebuds? Have you ever tried it? There are few things in this world as surprisingly delicious as syrup and bacon.

I will agree that sausages and syrup is a bit dodgy, but I've grown used to it as I tend to smother the pancakes in syrup, and the sausages tend to sit down the incline from the pancakes which causes a logistical nightmare.

Ignorance? Just plain wrongness is what it is!

Bet you secretly get some beans on that breakfast and drape them in syrup aswell don't you, you sick fuck!

I will only abide beans in a English Breakfast set up. I can honestly say that I've never eaten beans, the canned varietal, with the exception of their inclusions in the english breakfast.

Do you have retarded tastebuds? Have you ever tried it? There are few things in this world as surprisingly delicious as syrup and bacon.

I will agree that sausages and syrup is a bit dodgy, but I've grown used to it as I tend to smother the pancakes in syrup, and the sausages tend to sit down the incline from the pancakes which causes a logistical nightmare.

I have had maple syrup and bacon, but it was exceptionally salty, crisp bacon you only seem to get in North America, so the sweetness did work, I will confess.

However, with your standard English smoked back bacon (my preferred choice), that level of sweetness is just overpowering.

I have had maple syrup and bacon, but it was exceptionally salty, crisp bacon you only seem to get in North America, so the sweetness did work, I will confess.

However, with your standard English smoked back bacon (my preferred choice), that level of sweetness is just overpowering.

You will note that I listed Streaky bacon in my breakfast, not back bacon, so you realise the pairing that I've advocated is justifiable.

Noted, but you also list sausages and fried eggs.

And that's just wrong.

I've explained that the syrup is to stay away from the Eggs and Toast. So we can ignore those...

However, the sausage would normally be pork. I'm going to enquire now as to the historical pairing of pork products with sweet fruits and sauces in many cultures. In central europe, you'll find pork fillets stuffed with various fruits. Eastern europe? You'll find such items as pork in jell-o (which is actually horrifying and I couldn't bring myself to try it), Kvass soup... which is a cold soup of Kvass cola, ham, and finely chopped apple and vegetable. You'll find honey and garlic pork in East Asia. Finally, in continental North America and England, you'll often find pork chops paired with apple sauce or glaze.

I rest my case.

Two eggs - Fried.

Toast.

Orange Juice.

Gayest ultimate breakfast ever.

Negged.

Fried eggs, with the yolk done but still runny. No snotty eggs allowed.

Sausages.

Bacon.

Mushrooms.

Black Pudding (or if you're in Scotland, haggis. Haggis is Black Pudding+)

Tomato sauce.

Buttered white bread to mop up the yolk at the end.

Cup of tea.

Sports pages.

Beautiful.

OK, try this baby for size.

4 Richmond sausages (grilled)

3 rashers of smoked back bacon (grilled)

2 eggs (scrambled)

4 hash browns (melt on a bit of chilli cheese)

mushrooms (fried in a bit of soy and chilli)

baked beans (add brown sauce and a bit of vinegar)

2 slices of thick granary toast (buttered)

Plenty of Tomato sauce to dip the sausage and bacon in.

Drink...fresh filtered coffee and a glass of M & S freshly squeezed Orange Juice.

That, for me, is the best breakfast ever. Everyone needs cheese and chilli on their breakfast.

OK, try this baby for size.

4 Richmond sausages (grilled)

3 rashers of smoked back bacon (grilled)

2 eggs (scrambled)

4 hash browns (melt on a bit of chilli cheese)

mushrooms (fried in a bit of soy and chilli)

baked beans (add brown sauce and a bit of vinegar)

2 slices of thick granary toast (buttered)

Plenty of Tomato sauce to dip the sausage and bacon in.

Drink...fresh filtered coffee and a glass of M & S freshly squeezed Orange Juice.

That, for me, is the best breakfast ever. Everyone needs cheese and chilli on their breakfast.

Beans? Beans??

Report for upgrade immediately.

How can you not have beans on a full English?

We are the BreakfastBorg. Lower your shields and prepare to be assimilated. No beans.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Exactly. It's almost like complaining at the presence of meat.

Almost.

This was my effort just then;

DSC_0049.jpg

As you can see, nothing spectacular about it, and missing a few of the trimmings, but it was still lovely. Only maor snag was trying to answer my phone whilst finishing to cook the egg, which resulted in the yolk breaking, as I was transferring it out of the pan and onto the plate.

All in all, an 8/10.

Too much sauce on the beans, and it makes the whole breakfast far too wet. Only time I'd ever have beans, is if they were overcooked, and thus the vast majority of the sauce had evaporated. Even then, it would only be a few spoonfuls on the side of my plate.