Quantcast
What constitutes the perfect cooked breakfast? - Page 246 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content

Welcome to the new and improved TLW!

Some of you may experience issues logging in and will get an 'incorrect password' error. Don't worry, you haven't typed it in wrong and your password hasn't been changed. You will need to reset it though in order to log in. Click the reset password link and you will receive an email with your new temporary password. Once logged in, you need to choose a new password (or restore to your old one) otherwise you will be locked out again.

If you have an out of date email address linked to your account, then you won't receive the new password. If that's the case then you'll need to email me (dave @liverpoolway.co.uk) or send me a tweet @theliverpoolway and I'll update your password manually. 

Any other problems or questions just let me know.

Thanks

Dave

ISeeRed

What constitutes the perfect cooked breakfast?

Beans with a full English?  

176 members have voted

1. 1. Beans with a full English?

• Aye, bean me up, Scotty.
    • Nay, poke your beans up your bum, one at a time.

5 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

This all day long. 

I remember I think it was Chris Evans on TFI Friday taking that track into about 8 curry houses and asking them to translate it. None of them had a fucking clue. Boss band Kula Shaker. 

"Govinda Jaya Jaya" is an Indian devotional chant or song. It is often sung in the Krishna Consciousness movement founded by A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada,[1] and by various other schools of yoga, and by Hindus in general. Prabhupada's devotees Radha Krishna Temple (London) recorded the chant as "Govinda Jai Jai" for their eponymous album, produced by George Harrison and released on the Beatles' Apple record label in 1971.[2] The recording was first issued as the B-side of the devotees' 1970 single "Govinda".[3]

In 1996, the English rock band Kula Shaker adapted "Govinda Jaya Jaya" into their hit song "Govinda". Their song remains the only British top-ten hit sung entirely in Sanskrit. Speaking in 2016, Alonza Bevan, the bass player of Kula Shaker, said that it was "nice to get an ancient Indian hymn [played] on Radio 1 in the UK".[4]

8 hours ago, Hades said:

You're nothing but a puppet of the Archons, spewing vile, unfunny drivel against anyone that will listen. They live off low frequency vibrations like fear and hate. Embrace love and other high frequency vibrations like kindness. Stop being a slave.

I stand by my comments, you cunt.

P.S. your Ma sucks cock. I bet she loves meat.

5 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

This all day long. 

I remember I think it was Chris Evans on TFI Friday taking that track into about 8 curry houses and asking them to translate it. None of them had a fucking clue. Boss band Kula Shaker. 

That's because most the curry houses here are Bangladeshi.

5 hours ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

"Govinda Jaya Jaya" is an Indian devotional chant or song. It is often sung in the Krishna Consciousness movement founded by A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada,[1] and by various other schools of yoga, and by Hindus in general. Prabhupada's devotees Radha Krishna Temple (London) recorded the chant as "Govinda Jai Jai" for their eponymous album, produced by George Harrison and released on the Beatles' Apple record label in 1971.[2] The recording was first issued as the B-side of the devotees' 1970 single "Govinda".[3]

In 1996, the English rock band Kula Shaker adapted "Govinda Jaya Jaya" into their hit song "Govinda". Their song remains the only British top-ten hit sung entirely in Sanskrit. Speaking in 2016, Alonza Bevan, the bass player of Kula Shaker, said that it was "nice to get an ancient Indian hymn [played] on Radio 1 in the UK".[4]

Bullied at school mate yeah?  

12 hours ago, Strontium Dog said:

Kula Shaker were boss, I saw them twice.

Kula Shaker were shite, I saw them once for about ten minutes before walking out because of the middle class white boy liberal appropriation of ideas beyond their simple little minds...

• Downvote 1

16 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Kula Shaker were shite, I saw them once for about ten minutes before walking out because of the middle class white boy liberal appropriation of ideas beyond their simple little minds...

Noah and The Whale. Not that is a shit live band. 

31 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Fucking hell.

27 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Noah and The Whale. Not that is a shit live band. 

I agree, overwhelmingly, though to tour the first album they did a full on audiovisual concert.

They were playing to about 200/400 people per night but had put a lot of effort in to making a genuinely unique show and despite most of the songs being iffy the night was great.

They didn’t do it again, I don’t think, because it cost them a fortune.

All down hill after that though.

Staying overnight in London, I'm already excited about the prospect of a shite hotel full English in the morning. I'll barely be able to sleep tonight.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Strontium Dog said:

Yeah, what could be more boring and centrist than having the only Sanskrit language top 10 hit in history.

Coldplay ?

• Upvote 1