Quantcast
What constitutes the perfect cooked breakfast? - Page 233 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
ISeeRed

What constitutes the perfect cooked breakfast?

Beans with a full English?  

199 members have voted

1. 1. Beans with a full English?

• Aye, bean me up, Scotty.
    • Nay, poke your beans up your bum, one at a time.

On 2/3/2019 at 10:47 AM, Remmie said:

Knife and fork the wrong way round... 

The greatest complaint added to the breakfast thread in a while.

• Like 1

On 2/1/2019 at 4:47 PM, Mook said:

A lorne sausage isn't like a Rustlers burger though, you can buy a good quality lorne sausage that's full of meat. They don't look all that appetising but really they're designed so you can stick them on a roll where you can't see them anyway.

My Dad's got a mate called Lorne & I went to a game with him once & when I came home I started referring to him as 'Sausage', my old man was like, "Why are you calling him that?". He's no Albert Einstein.

Moof is The Lorne Ranger.

23 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Are you saying Ardja is Tonto? Its all making sense now 

On 2/1/2019 at 4:47 PM, Mook said:

My Dad's got a mate called Lorne & I went to a game with him once & when I came home I started referring to him as 'Sausage', my old man was like, "Why are you calling him that?". He's no Albert Einstein.

Ha! What a stupid cunt he must be. 

Seriously though, why’d he call him sausage? Did you ever find out?

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Mook. Meant to say Mook. Fuck fuckitty fuck fuck.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Mook. Meant to say Mook. Fuck fuckitty fuck fuck.

More chance of the Lone Ranger fingering Penelope Cruz up her arse at thanksgiving in the playboy mansion than Moof to be fair. 

41 minutes ago, Jose Jones said:

Got to be south of the river that bollocks.

Don't underestimate the long-bearded hostelries of the inner north....

Although this is the place in question, very much south of the river bollocks:

image.jpg

1 hour ago, Skaro said:

Don't underestimate the long-bearded hostelries of the inner north....

Although this is the place in question, very much south of the river bollocks:

image.jpg

I am a denizen of the inner north and frequently visit said hostelries, and so I may be a bit biased (you know I am biased as all hell and a terrible cultural snob) but there's a subtle difference in the type of hipster wankerishness I reckon.    

The northern style try hard tends further towards the bogan irony, therefore you get bigger portion sizes.  

16 minutes ago, Jose Jones said:

I am a denizen of the inner north and frequently visit said hostelries, and so I may be a bit biased (you know I am biased as all hell and a terrible cultural snob) but there's a subtle difference in the type of hipster wankerishness I reckon.    

The northern style try hard tends further towards the bogan irony, therefore you get bigger portion sizes.  

Along with the sign's needless apostrophe, there's no need for avocado nor fashionista facial hair at my favourite inner north pitstop....

871024_-y-MPGawqhruQe7otGGN7t4KqCuE7UnY_SVr9fGUseI.jpg

6 hours ago, Jose Jones said:

Got to be south of the river that bollocks.

Some of the most hipster brunch venues are north of the river; in Abbotsford, Collingwood and Fitzroy. Take Proud Mary for example.

1 hour ago, aRdja said:

Some of the most hipster brunch venues are north of the river; in Abbotsford, Collingwood and Fitzroy. Take Proud Mary for example.

Most of them are original hipsters though, so mostly good. It’s the try hard fashion followers you need to worry about.

Although it’s a fine line at times I’ll grant you.

1 hour ago, Jose Jones said:

Most of them are original hipsters though, so mostly good. It’s the try hard fashion followers you need to worry about.

Although it’s a fine line at times I’ll grant you.

Hipster elitist!  All jokes aside I do agree with you on this. When I move back I’d like to live in or around that area. You get the best genuine pubs there too. Not trendy gastropubs, or those soulless pubs filled with pokies. But I’ve heard it’s getting realll expensive to buy or rent a house there.

I had a breakfast meeting this morning at one of our club sponsors offices, this is from their staff canteen. I think it cost around a fiver. It looked better than it tasted. The hash brown was too greasy, the black pudding dry and tasteless, the bacon was smoked, no choice of unsmoked, I prefer my bacon to taste of bacon and not kippers. The sausages were good though. 3 out of 10 for me.

IMG_20190206_082414.jpg

• Upvote 3

40 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

I had a breakfast meeting this morning at one of our club sponsors offices, this is from their staff canteen. I think it cost around a fiver. It looked better than it tasted. The hash brown was too greasy, the black pudding dry and tasteless, the bacon was smoked, no choice of unsmoked, I prefer my bacon to taste of bacon and not kippers. The sausages were good though. 3 out of 10 for me.

IMG_20190206_082414.jpg

Nonce 

20 minutes ago, Remmie said:

The twats put hash browns and beans on it but no mushroom, toast or tomatoes. Cunts. 

That was all choice. Mushrooms are the devil's work. Tomatoes, i would sooner beans. Toast..... Had to make it myself if I wanted it and there was a massive queue. 

• Downvote 1