Quantcast
What constitutes the perfect cooked breakfast? - Page 223 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content

Welcome to the new and improved TLW!

Some of you may experience issues logging in and will get an 'incorrect password' error. Don't worry, you haven't typed it in wrong and your password hasn't been changed. You will need to reset it though in order to log in. Click the reset password link and you will receive an email with your new temporary password. Once logged in, you need to choose a new password (or restore to your old one) otherwise you will be locked out again.

If you have an out of date email address linked to your account, then you won't receive the new password. If that's the case then you'll need to email me (dave @liverpoolway.co.uk) or send me a tweet @theliverpoolway and I'll update your password manually. 

Any other problems or questions just let me know.

Thanks

Dave

ISeeRed

What constitutes the perfect cooked breakfast?

Beans with a full English?  

176 members have voted

1. 1. Beans with a full English?

• Aye, bean me up, Scotty.
    • Nay, poke your beans up your bum, one at a time.

10 hours ago, Barry Wom said:

Had this today on "cafe carmel" on stroud Green Road in London. £7.90. Way too much beans and bean juice, but otherwise it was reasonably nice. The sausage looks crap, but tasted better than it looks and the black pudding was cooked well and really tasty hash browns. For the price in London i thought it was great value. 

Value 8/10

Taste 7/10

IMG_20190107_123137.jpg

This is by far the most offensive thing ever posted on the internet.

The apocalypse can’t come soon enough.

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, Barry Wom said:

Had this today on "cafe carmel" on stroud Green Road in London. £7.90. Way too much beans and bean juice, but otherwise it was reasonably nice. The sausage looks crap, but tasted better than it looks and the black pudding was cooked well and really tasty hash browns. For the price in London i thought it was great value. 

Value 8/10

Taste 7/10

IMG_20190107_123137.jpg

What a silly sausage.

• Upvote 1

And in ye ancient year of 2019 did seeth the rebirth of thy phrase "are you from fucking Wigan?" 

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, Remmie said:

And in ye ancient year of 2019 did seeth the rebirth of thy phrase "are you from fucking Wigan?" 

Richard Ashcroft is isn’t he? He seems pretty cool.

On 1/7/2019 at 8:31 AM, Karl_b said:

Took up Carradonna's recommendation and had an Irish Fry at the Harlem Cafe in central Belfast.

On the face of it quite small, that's not a big deal for me as I can't eat an enormous cooked breakfast, but only one slice of bacon was very disappointing. The black pudding was tasty but overcooked, sausage great, eggs well cooked, the inclusion of soda bread and potato bread very welcome but the addition of a pancake and charging extra for toast was also a let down. The coffee was also average, seems like a very busy cafe with high turnover and they've taken their eye off the ball a little with the quality.

+1 for beans.

5/10, very average for £8.50.

20190106_114025.jpg

Haven't checked the thread for a while, my, my, this picture is just horrible, in every facet. The duck egg 70's plate with gold trim is particularly disturbing, it looks like an atmospheric death row diner meal, although if it were mine I'd put all them pancakes on my head and get under the leccy chair rather than eat it.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 8

5 hours ago, aRdja said:

Richard Ashcroft is isn’t he? He seems pretty cool.

He's the current holder of the biggest blert in music title. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

4 hours ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

Haven't checked the thread for a while, my, my, this picture is just horrible, in every facet. The duck egg 70's plate with gold trim is particularly disturbing, it looks like an atmospheric death row diner meal, although if it were mine I'd put all them pancakes on my head and get under the leccy chair rather than eat it.

That plate was bad!- like having breakfast on a lorrys wing mirror

9 minutes ago, Seasons said:

Can someone just ban me? I have absolutely no justification for this. 

IMG_20190114_201156.jpg

IMG_20190114_201204.jpg

I can see why you punched the one on the right. 

• Upvote 1

No oil. 

Google how to do it. 

Some jarg website said use butter and throw water on it and cover with a lid. 

Didn't have a lid so just ended up with whatever the fuck that is above. 

Tasted alright like. 

18 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Kill it and put it out of its misery.

Seasons makes some decent posts, I'd give him another chance personally.

• Upvote 1

Went to Berlin for a few days and was under the belief that breakfast was included.

went down the first morning and it was your standard “continental” fayre, with a selection of cold meats and cheeses, bread, pastries, fruit etc.

there was also a bit of warm brekkie. Hard boiled eggs which were nice, scrambled eggs which were rank, hot dog sausages in water (which weren’t tried) and some frikadelle type flat meatballs which tasted like cheap frozen burgers.

overall, apart from the salami and cheese it was appalling.

yhe juice tasted like a handful of berocca’s dissolved in water, and the coffee was bad enough that i chose to drink earl grey tea.

we went down each of our 3 mornings though, because it was paid for, and at the end of the day salami, cheese and bread is a good start to a day.

when we checked out, we found breakfast wasn’t included in our stay and were charged €17 each per day, so over €100 total.

Don’t know much about German history, but can only assume this is one of the worst things ever to have happened in the country.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 13

8 minutes ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

No pointing rating the eggs till you upload the other half.

Personally I don't want to see it.