Quantcast
What constitutes the perfect cooked breakfast? - Page 183 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content

Welcome to the new and improved TLW!

Some of you may experience issues logging in and will get an 'incorrect password' error. Don't worry, you haven't typed it in wrong and your password hasn't been changed. You will need to reset it though in order to log in. Click the reset password link and you will receive an email with your new temporary password. Once logged in, you need to choose a new password (or restore to your old one) otherwise you will be locked out again.

If you have an out of date email address linked to your account, then you won't receive the new password. If that's the case then you'll need to email me (dave @liverpoolway.co.uk) or send me a tweet @theliverpoolway and I'll update your password manually. 

Any other problems or questions just let me know.

Thanks

Dave

ISeeRed

What constitutes the perfect cooked breakfast?

Beans with a full English?  

173 members have voted

1. 1. Beans with a full English?

• Aye, bean me up, Scotty.
    • Nay, poke your beans up your bum, one at a time.

5 minutes ago, Fugitive said:

I’m still trying to come to terms with everything. Today has been a big struggle and I considered throwing myself in front of a train at one point. I don’t know if I’ll ever be the same again and I’m fearful of what the future holds.

I think I may need to see a PTSD counselor.

Dont do that mate. Too quick. 

3 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Still can't believe he ordered a take-away fry up. 

Phenomenal dedication to the forum.

2 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

He's an idiot.

Ive liked this but I also think he is a dangerous cunt like Mel gibson in lethal Weapon. No fucks given. 

Needs a grilled tomato but otherwise a great effort

• Upvote 1

I'd be all over that, Fuge, apart from the Lorne which looks like an aids riddled squashed dog turd

Needs some beans and some anti-biotics for that bacterial infection but otherwise good effort.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

I've not had a proper fry up in ages. If I could only swap the mushrooms for beans, I'd be all over that one right now though. Nice effort that. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

29 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

A few beans short of a breakfast but a damn good effort. Could do with fat splashing over the eggs. 

Contents 6/10

Quality 9/10

Overall 8/10

Surely it's a 7.5?

11 minutes ago, Strontium Dog said:

Michelin should probably forget sending people out to actually taste stuff in restaurants and just review food from a photograph. It's the future.

I would assume the sausages would taste like sausage, the bacon would taste like bacon, the eggs would taster like eggs and the mushrooms would taste like mushrooms. Whatever the other stuff is would I assume taste like whatever it is.

That's the future of food reviews if you can't eat it yourself.

I'd eat everything on that plate other than the stuff that is unknown to me.

2 hours ago, Fugitive said:

1DD84169-8D93-4212-B627-8B78DF87C9F6.jpeg

Stuffing on a brekkie? I like it. Don't know what lorne is so ill pass you on that. No bean rep obviously because you aren't a aped but what the fuck did they do to the sausages? Did lifey cook the ends? 

7 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Stuffing on a brekkie? I like it. Don't know what lorne is so ill pass you on that. No bean rep obviously because you aren't a aped but what the fuck did they do to the sausages? Did lifey cook the ends? 

I thought they looked a bit burnt but I can imagine it only added to the experience.

20 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

The ‘stuffing’ is actually Haggis and it’s lovely. A Lorne is basically sausage meat without the casing. The sausages were really good and defo not burnt. I cooked it, I no longer trust anybody else due to horrific experience on Friday.

• Upvote 1

Don't mind slightly overcooked sausages. Infinitely preferable to looking at your plate and wondering if they've just been lobbed in a microwave for 20 seconds.

Venue: Marshall’s on the Green, Dorset. 

@Dr Nowt‘s neck of the woods.

http://www.sturminstermarshallgc.co.uk/marshalls-on-the-green/

Price point: £8.95

Verdict: 9/10

2 x Sausages, 2 x bacon, 2 x eggs, one black pudding, mushroom, tomato, hash brown, and beans.

The sausages were superb. Very high meat content. Bacon was nice with some crispy bits. Black pudding was decent. All in all a very satisfying breakfast.

CA1FD798-FCA7-4CB2-985D-712B9D2D40F0.jpeg

• Upvote 2

Fuck knows what is going on with those eggs, presuming they actually are eggs, sausages haven't been turned once, bacon looks undercooked in places, tomato looks like it was done yesterday, toast looks cold, solitary hash brown a complete after thought, and there appears to be dandruff on the beans and black pudding.

0.3/10. Would not bang.

• Upvote 2