You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What constitutes the perfect cooked breakfast?

ISeeRed

Beans with a full English?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Beans with a full English?

• Aye, bean me up, Scotty.
    • Nay, poke your beans up your bum, one at a time.

Bought a pound and half of bacon off the butcher from ‘boro on the way home last night, for about 4 quid.

Separated it out this morning to medallions, fat and streaky meat.

whacked the fat in the pand rendered it like a dodgy terrorist, before throwing in the streaky gear.

then lobbed in a couple of slices of haloumi for the missus, and knocked up some scrambled egg in a truffle butter.

mug of tea, brown sauce and bread for me (restricted potassium, sodium etc so bean free butties it is), green shite for the wife (low carb bollocks)

plus us a big bowl of purple porridge.

{apologies for the lack of conker}

17317375-37EF-4260-A079-C61B732C5341.jpeg

78930283-B746-466F-87AC-EB05D43B1966.jpeg

C6194ADF-AEC4-4BD6-9BA3-7C6B9F0C21FB.jpeg

9BFB6B9C-0F6B-4515-927B-DC16F6EEFB26.jpeg

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

I think we should start judging breakfasts on how well cooked they are, not whether or not we like tomatoes or beans or black pudding. All are clearly acceptable items on a breakfast, even if I wouldn't touch tomatoes on a breakfast. I wouldn't make it down though, they're valid items. 

Nice Vagina shaped eggs, my preference would be more runny. 

Interesting use of sausages as a breakwater for the beans suggesting an understanding that bean juice touching the eggs is deeply warped behaviour, loses more marks for a single key and no conker as well as hash fucking browns. It also looks like you haven't used your head and shoulders and moshed a load of dandruff all over the shop. Beans are twats. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

12 hours ago, Arthur Friedenreich said:

Not a fan of dissectiing the bacon tbh -- it is a sum of its parts all working in complex unison to form the perfect food - dont mess with Mother Nature.

The breakfast itself has been overlooked here. As I am relatively secure in my manhood I am not appalled at a green thing being around, or even on my plate at breakfast.

Is that a Spring Mix or just baby spinach?? 

Avocado, quality, of course.

Now we have additional extra points for the halloumi. Honestly if you are going to truffle oil you could at least throw a spot of mushroom on here.

On the scrambled eggs -- they look nice. Except they are scrambled

The sarnie is immense -- I notice you have re assembled the bacon into its natural state.

All in all a solid effort -- 7.2/10

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Arthur Friedenreich said:

Bought a pound and half of bacon off the butcher from ‘boro on the way home last night, for about 4 quid.

Separated it out this morning to medallions, fat and streaky meat.

whacked the fat in the pand rendered it like a dodgy terrorist, before throwing in the streaky gear.

then lobbed in a couple of slices of haloumi for the missus, and knocked up some scrambled egg in a truffle butter.

mug of tea, brown sauce and bread for me (restricted potassium, sodium etc so bean free butties it is), green shite for the wife (low carb bollocks)

plus us a big bowl of purple porridge.

17317375-37EF-4260-A079-C61B732C5341.jpeg

78930283-B746-466F-87AC-EB05D43B1966.jpeg

9BFB6B9C-0F6B-4515-927B-DC16F6EEFB26.jpeg

Your food looks pretty good, with the exception of the scrambled eggs, which look a bit over cooked, in my opinion. However, I’ve negged you for the Mambo coasters and placemat. Awful clobber.