You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What constitutes the perfect cooked breakfast?

ISeeRed

Beans with a full English?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Beans with a full English?

• Aye, bean me up, Scotty.
    • Nay, poke your beans up your bum, one at a time.

5 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

I proffer todays evidence in the ongoing case  of style over substance being a curse in the fry up classes, me learned friends, exhibit A for the prosecution…

£13.80 from ‘Toast’ in Maida Vale.

Just fuck off.

AB496475-2DB6-40FE-B539-3405BCAEAC1B.jpeg

That would be acceptable for somewhere around £4.

Obviously you'd have to remove the fungus & the green stuff as well.

34 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

I proffer todays evidence in the ongoing case  of style over substance being a curse in the fry up classes, me learned friends, exhibit A for the prosecution…

Just fuck off.

The green stuff and the ramekin of satan droppings can fuck right off. Toast looks hard and shit, should be on a separate plate normal white bread swimming in butter and cut in rectangles. The beans in the middle of that plate just resembles mid 90's Paul Merson strolling down the beach in Barbados with a can of Skol in his hand and union jack shorts on.

I suppose the cost is par for the course in Maida Vale but Fearne Cotton and the lead singer of the Lost Prophets used to drink around there and we all know what he turned out to be. Enjoy prison you fucking trip hazard

2 hours ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Just fuck off.

Maida Vale. Made me wail. 

I can imagine the exchange in the kitchen as this was being served up;

”I’m not sure this breakfast will consolidate our reputation as pretentious arseholes”

”Just wang some cut grass all over it, that’ll do the trick. Oh and charge whoever’s ordered it an extortionate price for the privilege. The customers in these parts will lap up any old bollocks”

It’s a shame because, underneath the garden waste, it doesn’t look bad.

Breakfast with lawn cuttings, priced at £13.80 = 3/10.

Breakfast without lawn cuttings, priced at £4.90 including a pot of tea = 7/10

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Captain Willard said:

This is Breakfast C at the Oaks cafe. I may not eat again until Sunday. 

A7E84CB4-854C-42AF-885F-13C21D008528.jpeg

This looks excellent, apart from the you-know-whats.  The eggs are like supermodels of the egg world.  I'd deduct two marks for the beans and another half mark for excess/unmelted butter on the toast.  7.5/10

10 minutes ago, Simbo said:

94-F8-FF9-F-793-D-41-EA-A9-D9-613-E591-E

£11 at TruLeigh Scrumptious in Leigh-on-Sea, Essex.

Usually comes with grilled tomatoes and mushrooms but seeing as they are food of the devil I declined.

Do your worst, bitches.

Another breakfast using shrubbery to stick two fingers up at what was once a meal for the working man.

That plate doesn’t know if it’s Arthur or Martha. Whatever, it’s definitely a cunt. 

The ingredients for a normal person do look nice. I’m a fan of fried potatoes, better them than gash browns. Those beans need tipping over the potatoes and egg. If Swayze was still alive, there’s no way he’d be putting the beans in a corner. 

Who’s the bloke on the teapot? Looks like a Tory, possibly a descendant of Kurtz, almost certainly dislikes beans. 

6/10.

3 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

Another breakfast using shrubbery to stick two fingers up at what was once a meal for the working man.

That plate doesn’t know if it’s Arthur or Martha. Whatever, it’s definitely a cunt. 

The ingredients for a normal person do look nice. I’m a fan of fried potatoes, better them than gash browns. Those beans need tipping over the potatoes and egg. If Swayze was still alive, there’s no way he’d be putting the beans in a corner. 

Who’s the bloke on the teapot? Looks like a Tory, possibly a descendant of Kurtz, almost certainly dislikes beans. 

6/10.

A shrubbery? Robin fucking Hood lives on them eggs and even his merry men, skint, exhausted, malnourished and scared of ghosts wouldn't call that a breakfast. Friar Tuck himself would launch that across the room and demand compensation. Simbo has somehow managed to post something more tory than Kurtz winning a raffle to take Boris Johnsons fucking dog for a walk at a tory party. 

Dave, it's over mate. Shut it down. 

lightsout-lights.gif

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Simbo said:

94-F8-FF9-F-793-D-41-EA-A9-D9-613-E591-E

£11 at TruLeigh Scrumptious in Leigh-on-Sea, Essex.

Usually comes with grilled tomatoes and mushrooms but seeing as they are food of the devil I declined.

Do your worst, bitches.

Negged you twat