You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What constitutes the perfect cooked breakfast?

ISeeRed

Beans with a full English?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Beans with a full English?

• Aye, bean me up, Scotty.
    • Nay, poke your beans up your bum, one at a time.

23 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Philistines - it was hijacked by melts who cannot cook so posted pictures from the internet or worse - adults who took pictures of their food in a restaurant.

OP in Foodie thread:

A foodie is a person who is interested in food. Therefore, the food doesn’t have to be homemade. I like eating good food, preferably homemade, but don’t enjoying cooking it myself. I’ve never taken a picture of a plate food but I’m a nosy sod, so like looking at photos of other people’s food.

1 hour ago, TheHowieLama said:

It is not for the Breakfast thread - cuz it's not breakfast.

It's not for Foodie thread - that is for stuff made at home (with varying degrees of success).

This belongs in the Little Things that annoy the Shit out of You thread. 

A grown ass man taking pictures of a meal other than breakfast - it's embarrassing.

I was contrasting the shit lunch I had yesterday with the nice lunch I had today. 

13 hours ago, Captain Willard said:

Went into town today and had an old fashioned business lunch paid for by somebody else. Venison with fancy spuds but only bottled water not tea. Life is full of contrasts. 

D94FE74D-AAD5-47EC-8D46-D1CC615A4B08.jpeg

Could not be doing with that for lunch on a working day. You should have shifted him to the evening and got a decent wine out of it as well

Another day stuck at home, another cafe. This one full of postmen in shorts despite the weather. Much better food today though the sausage was still poor. Proper uncut bread and straight forward cut, grilled tomatoes and no beans. The egg was weirdly cooked. As always seems to be the case in Surrey cafes, bad art for sale on the walls. 

B0623326-3273-494F-A51E-435A8CD8AB39.jpeg

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Captain Willard said:

Another day stuck at home, another cafe. This one full of postmen in shorts despite the weather. Much better food today though the sausage was still poor. Proper uncut bread and straight forward cut, grilled tomatoes and no beans. The egg was weirdly cooked. As always seems to be the case in Surrey cafes, bad art for sale on the walls. 

Repped for the Postie observation, why do they all do that?

Three bits of tomato is pretty fucked up by the way. Half a tomato is sitting somewhere contemplating suicide. One sausage and two slices of black pudding as well? Can these arseholes count?

13 minutes ago, Captain Willard said:

The sausage looks like a slimy thin shit and the egg looks like Simon Weston.

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Captain Willard said:

Best toast I've seen on here in ages

Black pudding and tomatoes look nice

1 measly pice of bacon, 1 terribly cooked egg and 1 sole chef log that was probably frozen 12 hours ago is just unacceptable. 2 out of 10. 

14 minutes ago, Captain Willard said:

The egg, Surrey cafes.

Why are you doing this to yourself?

Move to Liverpool.

Surely this home working will finish soon?

1 minute ago, DalyanPete said:

The egg, Surrey cafes.

Why are you doing this to yourself?

Move to Liverpool.

Surely this home working will finish soon?

Ha ha. I used to live in Stockton Heath.  

Going back to the office next week after nearly 2 years of being stuck in the house. Cooked  breakfast  for lunch will be a distant memory like Proust’s Madeline biscuits. That said I think I left a half eaten Snickers in my desk drawer so there’s always that to look forward to. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Captain Willard said:

Going back to the office next week after nearly 2 years of being stuck in the house. Cooked  breakfast  for lunch will be a distant memory like Proust’s Madeline biscuits. That said I think I left a half eaten Snickers in my desk drawer so there’s always that to look forward to. 

2 years, not a bad run though.

Half a snicker at today's sizes won't be worth having.

My HR manager told me that as my job wasn't office based I needed to spend a couple of days working from home for tax reasons, I chose Friday and Monday, loved it.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Bernard Diomede said:

FA2B21A2-64EE-411A-A36C-2749166B936E.jpeg

Didn’t have any black pudding 

That looks proper though the sausages are a bit burnt and there’s a weird red blob on the egg.  I’m saying 7/10. No toast though ? Toast colour and cut are key to this thread. Similarly you have omitted any background miscellany for posters to fixate on. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Captain Willard said:

That looks proper though the sausages are a bit burnt and there’s a weird red blob on the egg.  I’m saying 7/10. No toast though ? Toast colour and cut are key to this thread. Similarly you have omitted any background miscellany for posters to fixate on. 

The red is a bit of juice from the tomato. Had a piece of granary toast with it as well yeah but doesn’t really fit on my breakfast radar toast so didn’t include it in the picture 

On 20/01/2022 at 14:52, Captain Willard said:

I don't get this "stuck in the house" thing as I thought most offices were allowing staff to go in if they were unhappy at home?  Or was that not widespread?

2 minutes ago, Moo said:

I don't get this "stuck in the house" thing as I thought most offices were allowing staff to go in if they were unhappy at home?  Or was that not widespread?

Not us, office has been shut for 2 years. People went in for the odd day to use the printer but mostly we stayed away. I’m going back next week, feeling great about it but I’ll be moaning about the tube and my co workers within days.