You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What constitutes the perfect cooked breakfast?

ISeeRed

Beans with a full English?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Beans with a full English?

• Aye, bean me up, Scotty.
    • Nay, poke your beans up your bum, one at a time.

45 minutes ago, Captain Willard said:

Went further afield today to a cafe that advertises itself on a board by the road for selling cooked breakfasts. Full of tradesmen which is normally a great sign but very disappointing, far too many beans, overcooked bacon, cheap mass market sausage and limp thin toast. Teach me to be unfaithful to my middle aged ladies and their chintzy cafe.  2/10. 

145E1A73-B066-4773-82D2-2C604FBC3FB1.jpeg

Damn, that looks like an entire tin of beans!

I know because I routinely eat an entire tin of beans.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Captain Willard said:

Went further afield today to a cafe that advertises itself on a board by the road for selling cooked breakfasts. Full of tradesmen which is normally a great sign but very disappointing, far too many beans, overcooked bacon, cheap mass market sausage and limp thin toast. Teach me to be unfaithful to my middle aged ladies and their chintzy cafe.  2/10. 

Fuck me.

Well in for fessing up.

9 hours ago, Captain Willard said:

Everything about it was dreadful and cheap apart from the tea. They could have used it as a set for the cafe in 1984. The tea was nice. The waitress had terrible skin and seemed depressed. Wish I hadn’t gone now, a wasted lunch. 

How far afield was this place? Woking - lots of wrongness there (don't anybody use the Jam to defend it - it's been years since they've lived there). I didn't want to quote the original piece you posted, as it would mean showing that photo again.

So we sailed on to the sun
'Til we found a sea of beans
And we lived beneath the waves
In our yellow submarine

On 01/01/2022 at 15:34, Jarvinja Ilnow said:

New Year hangover remedy - fried bread under the abundant mushrooms (cooked 5 minutes to stop them getting mushy). Shame I left the bacon in too long, but otherwise quite nice. Black pudding was crispy on the outside and soft inside. If I hadn't farted around with that then the bacon might not have suffered.

Apologies in advance to Tony - as a fellow tomato afficionado - we only had those little salad tomatoes left, so they kind of disintegrated (but they at least had a relationship with a hot pan).

Anyway, let the blood-letting commence:

20211230_150632.jpg

You forgot the beans mate.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

10 hours ago, Captain Willard said:

Went further afield today to a cafe that advertises itself on a board by the road for selling cooked breakfasts. Full of tradesmen which is normally a great sign but very disappointing, far too many beans, overcooked bacon, cheap mass market sausage and limp thin toast. Teach me to be unfaithful to my middle aged ladies and their chintzy cafe.  2/10

You forgot not to use all the beans mate.

3 hours ago, Captain Willard said:

Went into town today and had an old fashioned business lunch paid for by somebody else. Venison with fancy spuds but only bottled water not tea. Life is full of contrasts. 

D94FE74D-AAD5-47EC-8D46-D1CC615A4B08.jpeg

Looks really nice that mate but it's for the foodie thread not this one. 

It is not for the Breakfast thread - cuz it's not breakfast.

It's not for Foodie thread - that is for stuff made at home (with varying degrees of success).

This belongs in the Little Things that annoy the Shit out of You thread. 

A grown ass man taking pictures of a meal other than breakfast - it's embarrassing.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

It is not for the Breakfast thread - cuz it's not breakfast.

It's not for Foodie thread - that is for stuff made at home (with varying degrees of success).

This belongs in the Little Things that annoy the Shit out of You thread. 

A grown ass man taking pictures of a meal other than breakfast - it's embarrassing.

Bollocks! The Foodie thread is for anything food related.