You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What constitutes the perfect cooked breakfast?

ISeeRed

Beans with a full English?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Beans with a full English?

• Aye, bean me up, Scotty.
    • Nay, poke your beans up your bum, one at a time.

13 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Are they using the tried-and-tested rating out of 4 system, as used by legendary film critics like Leonard Maltin, Gene Siskel and Roger Ebert?

Yeah, just trying too hard to be different if you ask me. Not that I really give a shit. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, JagSquared said:

In the office today for our Christmas do tonight (I know it’s fucking November).

work canteen 5 items for £1.80. Sausages are cheap, bacon over cooked and hard, beans cooked properly at least and hash brown log pretty good all things considered.

5.5/10 it loses marks as these were all the options they had, not a single egg offering and no proper plates. It filled a hole.

4E5386AA-4D81-445B-ACC0-00BFCF5D25E5.jpeg

I never realised they served 2 burnt, skinless penises as part of a breakfast. And whoever's log that is, they need to see a doctor, I think his or her liver has packed in.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

Obviously you get it eaten, but to them score it anywhere near 5.5 is absurd. Negged for not respecting the “out of ten” ratings system.

It was out of 10? It’s literally there in my score which was mostly based on cost. Show me a better breakfast under £2. Shame your pedantry doesn’t link to your reading ability.  

4 hours ago, skend04 said:

I never realised they served 2 burnt, skinless penises as part of a breakfast. And whoever's log that is, they need to see a doctor, I think his or her liver has packed in.

You see what you want…

2 minutes ago, Evelyn Tentions said:

Not a fry up but my breakfast today cost £1.65. Duck noodle soup. That's a mug of green tea which you get given as soon as you sit down 

IMG_20211126_095244.jpg

Looks lovely but just because you had it for breakfast, it doesn’t make it a breakfast. 

Call me Groucho Marx if you must but there you go.

If this was in the foodie thread it would be a solid 8/10.

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

Looks lovely but just because you had it for breakfast, it doesn’t make it a breakfast. 

Call me Groucho Marx if you must but there you go.

If this was in the foodie thread it would be a solid 8/10.

I was going to post it in the foodie thread, but I couldn't resist the temptation of the under £2 challenge.

• Upvote 2

Bellis' in Holt near the Wrexham Cheshire border this morning. I've not been before.

Expensive. Like £7.95 for 

1 x sausage

2 x (thick) bacon

1 x tomato

1 x egg

1 x black pudding

mushrooms

beans

1 x toast

Tea was extra!

I forgot to take a pic before I had started it. I'm not happy with the make-up of ingredient & the price, but each individual ingredient was superb. I'm not always that keen on thick bacon, but this stuff was class. The sausage was also far better than it looked!

I'll go like 5/10

20211127_112433.jpg

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, Spy Bee said:

Bellis' in Holt near the Wrexham Cheshire border this morning. I've not been before.

1 x sausage

2 x (thick) bacon

1 x tomato

1 x egg

1 x black pudding

mushrooms

beans

1 x toast

Tea was extra!

I forgot to take a pic before I had started it. I'm not happy with the make-up of ingredient & the price, but each individual ingredient was superb. I'm not always that keen on thick bacon, but this stuff was class. The sausage was also far better than it looked!

I'll go like 5/10

20211127_112433.jpg

Shame the toaster doesn't work. Fucking beans as well.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Spy Bee said:

1 x sausage

2 x (thick) bacon

1 x tomato

1 x egg

1 x black pudding

mushrooms

beans

1 x toast

Tea was extra!

I'll go like 5/10

20211127_112433.jpg

Is that…no it can’t be. Not another breakfast with…surely not. I thought Vlad was the only bad brekkie/mustard perv in the world - there can’t be more of you??

Edit - how have you gone at that bacon? Not with the knife and fork on display, that’s for sure. It looks like you’ve ripped at it for some reason, with your bare hands?

Kudos for lashing the toast down in a way that demonstrates anger and disdain towards the plate of food, but also covers the sausage, which you mention looked like shit.

The way in which loads of it looks gnawed at makes me feel a bit uneasy. Like you’ve invited me to inspect a recent stool sample you’ve done, or I’ve unwittingly stumbled across a dick pic on your phone as I look innocently through your photos of a recent night out or family get together. It feels invasive. 

Fucking mustard

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Spy Bee said:

1 x sausage

2 x (thick) bacon

1 x tomato

1 x egg

1 x black pudding

mushrooms

beans

1 x toast

Tea was extra!

I'll go like 5/10

20211127_112433.jpg

£7.95 for that, SB? And they served mustard with it (I know no sane forumite would add it - god forbid!). That's the price it would cost down here in London for that.

aRdja leaves tips bigger than £7.95, though, I suppose.