You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What constitutes the perfect cooked breakfast?

ISeeRed

Beans with a full English?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Beans with a full English?

• Aye, bean me up, Scotty.
    • Nay, poke your beans up your bum, one at a time.

29 minutes ago, Remmie said:

Another hotel breakfast review coming up, this is the courtyard marriott in Edinburgh. I've ordered and am waiting for the vegetarian breakfast, sans beans obviously. The price was bundled in with the hotel cost so not sure what it is on its own. 

IMG_20211115_095235.jpg

I swapped scrambled for 2 fried eggs

Does the sliced ham on request thing come with the veggie breakfast or is it just a generically placed statement?

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, mattyq said:

Greek greasy spoon in St Albans. Had the Greek breakfast. Doesn't look great but was very tasty

Olives

Halloumi

Poached egg

Spicy garlicky sausage sliced lovely

Some Greek Pork thing on the right, again tasty

£8, would have again

IMG_0374.jpg

WickedJitteryHawaiianmonkseal-small.gif

Jeans and a tie? How long have you got your tie?! 

1 minute ago, mattyq said:

You know you've been riding the GF too long when the only reason you chose a breakfast is so that you can post it onto the breakfast thread

That only works if you actually choose the breakfast mate. That's not a breakfast, that's Greek 'picky bits' as my missus calls a plate of stuff thrown together that doesn't belong on the same plate. 

11 minutes ago, mattyq said:

Greek greasy spoon in St Albans. Had the Greek breakfast. Doesn't look great but was very tasty

Olives

Halloumi

Poached egg

£8, would have again

IMG_0374.jpg

There was a choice. You chose this. 

Baffling. 

5 minutes ago, Trumo said:

So a Greecy Spoon then. Tony would go round smashing plates and they'd think he's getting into the Greek spirit.

"Zorbas dance? Listen here belly, get a custard cream on that fucking plate or that'll be four more going through that bastard window, and give us two more of those oozo things" "  

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, mattyq said:

Olives

Halloumi

Poached egg

£8, would have again

IMG_0374.jpg

I’m certain all of that would be amazing, but I reckon I’d rather have it for lunch than brekkie.

7 hours ago, mattyq said:

Olives

Halloumi

Poached egg

£8, would have again

IMG_0374.jpg

Starting to understand the actions of the troika. 

So today I have a long day on front of me which will include a liquid lunch and I have a 4pm meeting I feel certain will also end up in the pub. So I am staying in a permier inn and I thought I would give their breakfast a go. It's a buffet style for £10.50. it was all pretty ordinary except the black pudding which was horrible. I've eaten worse, but I've certainly had better. 4.5/10

Edit. Breakfast was free, which just about made it good value. 

IMG_20211117_074649.jpg

• Upvote 2