You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What constitutes the perfect cooked breakfast?

ISeeRed

Beans with a full English?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Beans with a full English?

• Aye, bean me up, Scotty.
    • Nay, poke your beans up your bum, one at a time.

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

How big was that bottom egg then???? This is unravelling quicker than a Si thread this 

The bacon saw the egg as it's prey. It's nature finding a way. 

5 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

How big was that bottom egg then???? This is unravelling quicker than a Si thread this 

It’s an artists impression, but “about that big” is your answer…

roughly the same overall area, just longer and thinner than it’s rounder cousin.

6057011B-AEEA-458F-8B59-2F075C671CB8.jpeg

• Upvote 4

14 minutes ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

One egg is indeed atop a second egg, but not atop the yolk. That was in fact hidden under the bacon, hoping the residual heat in the egg might help finish cooking the bacon off.

Some things had to share a spot, I served up on a side plate.

A side plate? You covered the yolk of an egg with other food, which could have been avoided if appropriate crockery was used? Did you have a stack of washing up soaking in the bath? Had you allowed things to get that bad?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Belarus said:

A side plate? You covered the yolk of an egg with other food, which could have been avoided if appropriate crockery was used? Did you have a stack of washing up soaking in the bath? Had you allowed things to get that bad?

I eat bacon and egg - or a variation of - every morning for breakfast and always use a side plate. 

it feels instinctively right. I can’t say why.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

I deserve to be kicked in the bollocks this morning. 

didn’t cook the bacon enough, and somehow failed to adequately reheat the beans from last nights tea.

(the beans are homemade as a tin of chopped tomatoes, tin of borlotti beans, chopped onion, paprika, Tabasco and cumin).

9D10DADE-C48E-4F59-84DC-0D86F133A479.jpeg

Your homemade beans have got cumin?

Dirty bastard.

• Upvote 4

On 12/10/2021 at 14:54, Bob Spunkmouse said:

I deserve to be kicked in the bollocks this morning. 

didn’t cook the bacon enough, and somehow failed to adequately reheat the beans from last nights tea.

(the beans are homemade as a tin of chopped tomatoes, tin of borlotti beans, chopped onion, paprika, Tabasco and cumin).

9D10DADE-C48E-4F59-84DC-0D86F133A479.jpeg

You missed the space between the m and the i.

2 hours ago, lifetime fan said:

Just about to try a Wetherspoons breakfast. 

Not looking forward to it but we’re away and they want a pint at the same time so was outvoted. 

Sausages - cheap, only just up from a chippy sausage and deep fried. No taste whatsoever. 

Bacon - was like happy shopper wafer thin ham with loads of raw fat and a few black line drawn on it with a felt tip pen. 

Bread - was cold and shit. 

Beans - ok, but only lukewarm. 

Hash browns - meh. 

Mush & eggs - tossed them on to me ol fellas plate. He said the mushroom was cold but the eggs could have been alright if they were served two hours ago when they were actually cooked. 

1/10. 

And that’s only because I had a pint with it. 

Fucking Brexit breakfast that pile of shite. 

516E91B0-8731-4566-8877-C762DE495B3E.jpeg

• Upvote 4

Just now, lifetime fan said:

At least the little plastic butter containers will be edible. 

The plate reminds me of those dresses the female of the species are wearing at the moment. Those that make even the fittest ones look like a bed of rhododendrons that need digging up and chucking on the garden bonfire for the neighbours to complain about on a community FB page. 

9 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

Sausages - cheap, only just up from a chippy sausage and deep fried. No taste whatsoever. 

Bacon - was like happy shopper eager thin ham with loads of raw fat and a few black line drawn on it with a felt tip pen. 

Bread - was cold and shit. 

Beans - ok, but only lukewarm. 

Hash browns - meh. 

Mush & eggs - tossed them on to me ol fellas plate. He said the mushroom was cold but the eggs could have been alright if they were served two hours ago when they were actually cooked. 

1/10. 

And that’s only because I had a pint with it. 

Fucking Brexit breakfast that pile of shite. 

libA_B.gif

We were out of red sauce, and when I come downstairs this morning with my bacon and egg sandwich almost ready, I saw her messing about with sauces, and just don’t even know what she was thinking. 

salad cream and brown sauce on a bacon and egg sandwich. I’m shaking my head again now thinking about it.

F9D6F736-7FA5-4DA3-87A2-244EA24DFA1F.jpeg

8 minutes ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

We were out of red sauce, and when I come downstairs this morning with my bacon and egg sandwich almost ready, I saw her messing about with sauces, and just don’t even know what she was thinking. 

salad cream and brown sauce on a bacon and egg sandwich. I’m shaking my head again now thinking about it.

F9D6F736-7FA5-4DA3-87A2-244EA24DFA1F.jpeg

The bread looks like it is about a week old. I like Salad Cream but it definitely doesn’t belong on an egg and bacon butty. Anyway, it has to be Heinz. Bramwells is Aldi own brand muck, isn’t it?