You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What constitutes the perfect cooked breakfast?

ISeeRed

Beans with a full English?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Beans with a full English?

• Aye, bean me up, Scotty.
    • Nay, poke your beans up your bum, one at a time.

7 hours ago, Captain Willard said:

Just finished this in the Oaks Park cafe. This is in the grounds of the now demolished mansion built by the chap who started both the Oaks and Derby horse races. 

£6.99 including tea.  I didn’t realise that the sea of beans were included so now I feel dirty and sordid.

It’s granary toast with butter because I’m middle class. 

Lovely spot all the same though the ambience is slightly ruined by the fact that some poor chap broke into the park at night and hung himself from a tree within sight of the cafe. The grieving family have erected a shrine with a photo which stares across as you eat. Puts my complaints about beans into some sort of context.  

6A1CA514-52F4-4E93-B8B1-6021878EFDA0.jpeg

Just the one rasher of bacon and the sausages that were salvageable, then.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

You live in Vietnam. Everything is considered edible there.

Except baked beans. Only see them in places catering to foreigners. Interestingly, I saw a menu for a place in Saigon that offered full English and full Irish breakfasts. The only difference was that the full Irish included beans.

18 hours ago, Captain Willard said:

Just finished this in the Oaks Park cafe. This is in the grounds of the now demolished mansion built by the chap who started both the Oaks and Derby horse races. 

£6.99 including tea.  I didn’t realise that the sea of beans were included so now I feel dirty and sordid.

Lovely spot all the same though the ambience is slightly ruined by the fact that some poor chap broke into the park at night and hung himself from a tree within sight of the cafe. The grieving family have erected a shrine with a photo which stares across as you eat. Puts my complaints about beans into some sort of context.  

Square plates are for squares.

And nonces.

On 09/10/2021 at 23:15, Captain Willard said:

The ultra shiny reflector egg is freaking me out.

What is up with that?  

On 09/10/2021 at 13:15, Captain Willard said:

The egg looks like a sting ray and that has put me off because it's made me think of poor old Steve Irwin. 

• Upvote 1

On 02/10/2021 at 22:24, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

Full English Cyprus €8.99. The toast was as white as anything I've ever seen yet at the same time broke like a cracker, which was a cute touch.

Screenshot_20211002-222235_Gallery.jpg

I'm a committed pro-beaner, but that makes a powerful argument against them. I'd also argue that whatever the fuck the pink rectangles are don't belong on a breakfast.

I deserve to be kicked in the bollocks this morning. 

didn’t cook the bacon enough, and somehow failed to adequately reheat the beans from last nights tea.

(the beans are homemade as a tin of chopped tomatoes, tin of borlotti beans, chopped onion, paprika, Tabasco and cumin).

9D10DADE-C48E-4F59-84DC-0D86F133A479.jpeg

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

didn’t cook the bacon enough, and somehow failed to adequately reheat the beans from last nights tea.

(the beans are homemade as a tin of chopped tomatoes, tin of borlotti beans, chopped onion, paprika, Tabasco and cumin).

Never thought I'd see the day where I'd be swayed towards the no bean perverts on here, but here it is.

25 minutes ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

Never thought I'd see the day where I'd be swayed towards the no bean perverts on here, but here it is.

If I’d warmed them through the beans would’ve been the star on the plate.

2 hours ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

Have you placed the egg, directly on top of another egg, including the yolk? Did you?JUST TELL US WHAT YOU DID!

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Belarus said:

Have you placed the egg, directly on top of another egg, including the yolk? Did you?JUST TELL US WHAT YOU DID!

One egg is indeed atop a second egg, but not atop the yolk. That was in fact hidden under the bacon, hoping the residual heat in the egg might help finish cooking the bacon off.

Some things had to share a spot, I served up on a side plate.

1 minute ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

One egg is indeed atop a second egg, but not atop the yolk. That was in fact hidden under the bacon, hoping the residual heat in the egg might help finish cooking the bacon off.

Some things had to share a spot, I served up on a side plate.

How big was that bottom egg then???? This is unravelling quicker than a Si thread this