You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What constitutes the perfect cooked breakfast?

ISeeRed

Beans with a full English?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Beans with a full English?

• Aye, bean me up, Scotty.
    • Nay, poke your beans up your bum, one at a time.

7 minutes ago, belarus said:

Agree with all that apart from the timeframe. Hash browns are fucking shite. Like pesto - I thought that was great when I first had it, but that’s shite as well

That doesn't belong on a cooked breakfast either.

• Upvote 2

16 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

I had this this morning. Al's cafe on bermondsey street near London bridge. £9 for everything you see there. Badly cooked - I think Al has deep fat fried the sausages, which was a shame because they were actually decent quality. The egg was cooked like a 3 year old does them, no idea why there was only one. The black pudding was under cooked. The tea was fucking awful, about 50% milk. The toast could have done with more cooking. I posted one from a 5 min walk from this place on tower bridge road a few weeks back, that was miles better. I had an absolutely massive hangover, so any fry up would probably have made me feel better, yet I still can't give it more than 4/10 and it probably only ranks that high because 9 quid isn't that expensive for that area. 

IMG_20211008_093009.jpg

This looks worse than mine. Fair play to you for taking it on, Baz. 

Just finished this in the Oaks Park cafe. This is in the grounds of the now demolished mansion built by the chap who started both the Oaks and Derby horse races. 

£6.99 including tea.  I didn’t realise that the sea of beans were included so now I feel dirty and sordid.

It’s granary toast with butter because I’m middle class. 

Lovely spot all the same though the ambience is slightly ruined by the fact that some poor chap broke into the park at night and hung himself from a tree within sight of the cafe. The grieving family have erected a shrine with a photo which stares across as you eat. Puts my complaints about beans into some sort of context.  

6A1CA514-52F4-4E93-B8B1-6021878EFDA0.jpeg

• Upvote 8

7 minutes ago, Captain Willard said:

Just finished this in the Oaks Park cafe. This is in the grounds of the now demolished mansion built by the chap who started both the Oaks and Derby horse races. 

£6.99 including tea.  I didn’t realise that the sea of beans were included so now I feel dirty and sordid.

Lovely spot all the same though the ambience is slightly ruined by the fact that some poor chap broke into the park at night and hung himself from a tree within sight of the cafe. The grieving family have erected a shrine with a photo which stares across as you eat. Puts my complaints about beans into some sort of context.  

Apart from the beans that looks pretty good

Could have done with an extra egg, some mushies and a black pudding... shame about the bean pollution

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Captain Willard said:

I'm going to lay a wreath for poor old Capt Willard, who sadly drowned in a baked bean flood in 2021.

* Tomatoes looked properly cooked, though.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Captain Willard said:

Yes - all for that. Looks great mate. Mushrooms and black pudding added and that’s up there with the best on here.

The toast is a bit overdone though and another egg wouldn’t go amiss. Stingy cunts

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Captain Willard said:

When the guy saw they were serving on a square fucking plate, he went over and hanged himself. Seems appropriate response. 

1 hour ago, DJLJ said:

When the guy saw they were serving on a square fucking plate, he went over and hanged himself. Seems appropriate response. 

I think one of the owners of the mansion won a George Cross for bravery in the 1st world war then came back and shot himself in the grounds so that’s two suicides adjacent to one small cafe. Probably not plate shape related but I can’t be definitive.  

Today I had Breakfast B.

They do a Breakfast C. This is enormous.

I saw a very fat young woman eating Breakfast C today and was tempted to take a picture but didn’t want to expose her to the merciless opprobrium of the GF.