You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What constitutes the perfect cooked breakfast?

ISeeRed

Beans with a full English?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Beans with a full English?

• Aye, bean me up, Scotty.
    • Nay, poke your beans up your bum, one at a time.

3 hours ago, an tha said:

This abomination is absolutely 100% not mine - i would have launched it back at whoever served it....it is a mate of mines, but i just wanted to share it here so i can share with him the absolute dogs abuse i know you won't let me down with....

IMG-20210924-WA0041.jpg

There isn’t a redeeming feature to it. Not one. Well, Tony is quite likely to approve of the plate, but otherwise no good comes from even seeing it.

So here's a bit of a breakfast from the Spanish sun. A place called geographic (I think) on the front in Javea on the Costa Blanca. 8 euros including the orange, coffee and cake! All in all pretty good and the sausage was.much nicer than it looked. All of prefer was more sausage and less fungus. 8/10 for value. 7 for quality. 

Edit... And there was some shitty Spanish white bread toast out of the picture. 

IMG_20210926_101939.jpg

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

Had breakfast this morning at City Cafe off the Royal Mile, an American diner themed spot which was a great way to start the day. Breakfast was belting. Absolutely superb. Could not fault it in any way. 

sausage was super, really meaty. Bacon cooked well and delicious. I don’t tend to choose smoked bacon at home so this was a bit of a treat.

the haggis was (to my untrained palate) the nicest I’ve had.

this was the regular, don’t know how much more you got for the large an extra £2 would’ve got, but I was stuffed after this.

£8.25 I think it was, excluding a drink. Not bad for a tourist spot I reckon.

Beans weren’t as watery as the image looks. Got poured on the plate before I tucked in because I’m not a child or someone with OCD.

1x Fried egg

1x sausage

1x bacon

1x haggis

1x black pudding

1x hash brown

1x potato scone

mushroom

beans

tomato

toast

AB585E84-0B86-493F-B945-483A833F2DDD.jpeg

• Upvote 5

1 minute ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

Had breakfast this morning at City Cafe off the Royal Mile, an American diner themed spot which was a great way to start the day. Breakfast was belting. Absolutely superb. Could not fault it in any way. 

sausage was super, really meaty. Bacon cooked well and delicious. I don’t tend to choose smoked bacon at home so this was a bit of a treat.

this was the regular, don’t know how much more you got for the large an extra £2 would’ve got, but I was stuffed after this.

Beans weren’t as watery as the image looks. Got poured on the plate before I tucked in because I’m not a child or someone with OCD.

1x Fried egg

1x sausage

1x bacon

1x haggis

1x black pudding

1x hash brown

1x potato scone

mushroom

beans

tomato

toast

I can’t really fault the breakfast, looks a belter. 

You’ve ruined my day. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Barrington Womble said:

So here's a bit of a breakfast from the Spanish sun. A place called geographic (I think) on the front in Javea on the Costa Blanca. 8 euros including the orange, coffee and cake! All in all pretty good and the sausage was.much nicer than it looked. All of prefer was more sausage and less fungus. 8/10 for value. 7 for quality. 

IMG_20210926_101939.jpg

1 hour ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

1x Fried egg

1x sausage

1x bacon

1x haggis

1x black pudding

1x hash brown

1x potato scone

mushroom

beans

tomato

toast

I like how the chef has laid a fresh one out on both of your plates you disgusting cunts 

Imagine ordering bacon and getting zebra (looks fit)

And the bacon in yours Bob..... I mean you needed 5 more pieces but that looks nice. 

Needless to say I hope you both fall down the stairs for your 3am piss for ruining two decent looking scrans with gary glitter skittles. 

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

I like how the chef has laid a fresh one out on both of your plates you disgusting cunts 

Imagine ordering bacon and getting zebra (looks fit)

And the bacon in yours Bob..... I mean you needed 5 more pieces but that looks nice.

Needless to say I hope you both fall down the stairs for your 3am piss for ruining two decent looking scrans with gary glitter skittles. 

I fully intended to nick a rasher off the top of my daughters pancake stack, but honestly by the time I was half way through my scran I couldn’t be arsed.

8 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

IMG_20210926_101939.jpg

Ordering an English breakfast while on holiday in Spain is bad wool behaviour.  Had to neg.

10 hours ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

1x Fried egg

1x sausage

1x bacon

1x haggis

1x black pudding

1x hash brown

1x potato scone

mushroom

beans

tomato

toast

The City Cafe is sound.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, JagSquared said:

Ok this place is near mine it’s £12.50 without the drinks so a little pricey but it’s the south coast and tbf they do use good quality ingredients so overall a decent effort. I went for poached eggs rather than fried, mushrooms could have been cooked a little more. 7.5/10.

F59D13DE-F4B2-4984-A39E-C9BF81D852A5.jpeg

One of them hash browns looks frozen and what are them bollock things in that side bowl? Your tomatoes are just about the best cooked thing on there. Did you rob that tea-pot? Lovely that. I piss stronger tea than the one you've go there though. South Coast or not, £12.50 without drinks is a proper rip off, absolutely taking the piss that. Where on the South Coast are you? Monte Carlo? 

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

1x Fried egg

1x sausage

1x bacon

1x haggis

1x black pudding

1x hash brown

1x potato scone

mushroom

beans

tomato

toast

Lose the black pudding, haggis and mushroom, replace with extra sausage and bacon and it's a winner.

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, TheHowieLama said:

Like a bean volcano about to erupt.

What time was this at?

Looks to be someone having french fries and a salad for brekkie at that table.

It was technically brunch at 11 but needed up being 12 by the time we ordered and got our food. I wasn’t going to miss a fry up because of time. My mates missus had a normal lunch dish hence the salad and chips can’t remember what it was though. 

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

One of them hash browns looks frozen and what are them bollock things in that side bowl? Your tomatoes are just about the best cooked thing on there. Did you rob that tea-pot? Lovely that. I piss stronger tea than the one you've go there though. South Coast or not, £12.50 without drinks is a proper rip off, absolutely taking the piss that. Where on the South Coast are you? Monte Carlo? 

Bournemouth, there are cheaper places for sure but they skimp on ingredients. I need to find a happy medium place though as it is very steep for a breakfast. Hash browns were good think it’s just the lighting. Overall the food was good. 

The tea I was over eager and didn’t let it sit for long enough, didn’t rob the teapot where do you think I’m from? Portsmouth? 

1 hour ago, TheHowieLama said:

Look like hush puppies.

This I appreciate would have been controversial when I posted it and I do not condone them being part of a fry up at all. they are in fact sweetcorn fritters.

in my limited defence it was 12 and I hadn’t had eaten anything so I was starving. I’ve also had them before and they are very good. I should have just added an extra sausage but I split the portion with the missus.

2 hours ago, JagSquared said:

Ok this place is near mine it’s £12.50 without the drinks so a little pricey but it’s the south coast and tbf they do use good quality ingredients so overall a decent effort. I went for poached eggs rather than fried, mushrooms could have been cooked a little more. 7.5/10.

F59D13DE-F4B2-4984-A39E-C9BF81D852A5.jpeg

Cunt plates and teapot. However, with the exception of the beans, hashbrowns and maybe the chips, if they were frozen muck, I’d eat all of the food on that table.