You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What constitutes the perfect cooked breakfast?

ISeeRed

Beans with a full English?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Beans with a full English?

• Aye, bean me up, Scotty.
    • Nay, poke your beans up your bum, one at a time.

Made a veggie fry for tea tonight. 

Meat free sausages and white pudding, potato bread, soda bread, 2 fried eggs and beans cooked well down. Had a big glass of coke with ice because I really needed it.

The eggs ended up cooked more than I usually would and one of the bastards stuck to the pan. 

I’ve tried “This isn’t bacon” but didn’t like it. It’s like a weird processed rasher. Some veggie sausages and white pudding are top notch now, though.

F2F65D33-79F4-49FB-97F7-273578E54492.jpeg

• Upvote 7

5 minutes ago, Elysian Red said:

Meat free sausages and white pudding, potato bread, soda bread, 2 fried eggs and beans cooked well down. Had a big glass of coke with ice because I really needed it.

The eggs ended up cooked more than I usually would and one of the bastards stuck to the pan. 

I’ve tried “This isn’t bacon” but didn’t like it. It’s like a weird processed rasher. Some veggie sausages and white pudding are top notch now, though.

It's gonna kick right off. 

I eat with my fork in my right hand because if I tried to use my left hand I'd have food all over my face 

Posh fork that, where do you live? Downton Abbey? 

6 minutes ago, Elysian Red said:

Is that scalpel left over from the operation where they removed your taste buds?  

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Elysian Red said:

Repped. 

5 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

Where do you buy it? I saw someone mention on here a while back (maybe you?), I've looked in the supermarket since, but never seen it. 

Matta's on Bold Street stock versions by The Bury Black Pudding Company and The Real Lancashire Black Pudding Company. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Elysian Red said:

What have you done to those beans? Cooked them dry, sucked the juice off them or strained them through your skids? You dirty bastard

10 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Got to agree

While i general enjoy veggie options, i made the mistake of trying veggie haggis once. 

In Scotland recently my missus had the veggie breakfast on our last morning there and the veggie haggis they served up was basically just crushed nuts and seasoning. Awful.

4 hours ago, Elysian Red said:

Well if you’re vegetarian or vegan it doesn’t matter. It’s not about the taste.

It's all about the taste. Why eat stuff that tastes crap when there are unlimited delicious alternatives, vegie, vegan or omnivore. Eating is one of lifes great pleasures.

• Upvote 2

I've had some lovely veggie haggises. None of them were attempting to be meaty, they were just vegetables, cereals and spices.

Veggie bacon is highly variable and quite a few of them are a bit rubbish. The best one was Streaky Strips but Kellogg's withdrew them in the UK years ago.

1 hour ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

I've had some lovely veggie haggises. None of them were attempting to be meaty, they were just vegetables, cereals and spices.

Veggie bacon is highly variable and quite a few of them are a bit rubbish. The best one was Streaky Strips but Kellogg's withdrew them in the UK years ago.

Yeah best to stick to the veggie sausages on the breakfast, and then have a packet of Frazzles afterwards.

• Upvote 1