You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What constitutes the perfect cooked breakfast?

ISeeRed

Beans with a full English?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Beans with a full English?

• Aye, bean me up, Scotty.
    • Nay, poke your beans up your bum, one at a time.

42 minutes ago, Chip Butty said:

At least cut the fucking toast. 

I was more animal than man. 

36 minutes ago, Clem H Fandango said:

Why vegan eggs?

Chickens will lay them regardless in numerous quantities. If we don't eat them the earth would be just one massive omelette. 

I'm haunted by the image of the male chicks that were genetically modified to be a different colour to allow people to pluck them off a conveyor belt and put them live into a blender. Can't be eating them again and being a part of that. 

26 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Next time I eat bacon and sausages I’m going to have double portions and one more extra rasher for good measure, just to right the wrong that Paulie has produced there. And he’s got nobody to blame but himself. He’s directly responsible for the environmental impact. 

Watch you don't cut yourself on that edge! 

1,width=650,height=650,appearanceId=63,backgroundColor=ffffff.jpg

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

Here she is lads. 

5 rashers of Its Not Bacon - Best replacement I've found so far, done on griddle pan

2.5 Taste & Glory sausages - texture spot on but a bit lacking in flavour. Perfectly fine with ketchup

125g of tofu scramble - OK, it didn't taste like egg but the texture and taste were not unpleasant. Went well on the Toast. Would use more oil next time. 

Smmmmashed avo - yeah I went there.

Toast with real butter - that and cheese are not negotiable for me at the minute. 

Didn't go for beans in the end as there was plenty on the plate. 

Haters gonna hate but it was delicious and in line with me trying to limit the animal products I consume and buy. 

Neg away.

20210904_112354.jpg

I’d rather Yorkshire held me hostage and took me for a supermarket breakfast, like he did with his lad recently, than even allow any of that muck near my mouth.

Repped for the bare faced audacity. And the animal welfare of course.

Edit - if we do this breakfast tournament, I want Paulie first round on one of his vegan weekends

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

Here she is lads. 

5 rashers of Its Not Bacon - Best replacement I've found so far, done on griddle pan

2.5 Taste & Glory sausages - texture spot on but a bit lacking in flavour. Perfectly fine with ketchup

125g of tofu scramble - OK, it didn't taste like egg but the texture and taste were not unpleasant. Went well on the Toast. Would use more oil next time. 

Toast with real butter - that and cheese are not negotiable for me at the minute. 

Haters gonna hate but it was delicious and in line with me trying to limit the animal products I consume and buy. 

Neg away.

20210904_112354.jpg

I'll tell you one thing and I'm not ashamed to say it, my estimation of Paulie D as a man just fucking plummeted.

• Upvote 4

4 hours ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

Here she is lads. 

Neg away.

20210904_112354.jpg

As I’ve already proven, I’d rather eat charcoal. 

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

Here she is lads. 

Neg away.

20210904_112354.jpg

Are you not a fan of mushrooms and tomatoes Paulie? 

6 hours ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

Here she is lads. 

Neg away.

20210904_112354.jpg

There's no substitute for bacon, that stuff is horrendous, I've had it. Repped for the animal welfare and shear fucking balls of it.

I like a veggie breakfast and whilst there are some great veggie sausages out there, I don't want veggie bacon anywhere near it. Breakfast foods are my weak spot when it comes to giving up meat, most other stuff I can take or leave but I love me some fried dead pig in a morning.

With us keeping chickens our home cooked breakfasts tend to be egg based - there are great options out there without trying to replicate the pork based full English. 

Having said that, and forgive me that I forgot to take a photo of it, yesterday we had veggie breakfast wraps from the local cafe whilst out walking the dog. It had veggie sausage, a fried egg, mushrooms, a hash brown, beans and cheese in and was delicious. I'll get another soon.

• Upvote 1

On 04/09/2021 at 11:40, Paulie Dangerously said:

Here she is lads. 

Neg away.

20210904_112354.jpg

Fair play for trying to limit your animal products, and looks like you’ve tried hard. I can’t bring myself to write anything else.

1 hour ago, Barrington Womble said:

Where do you buy it? I saw someone mention on here a while back (maybe you?), I've looked in the supermarket since, but never seen it. 

Just asked her mate, The Plant Vegan shop right by the ground on Utting Avenue 

https://plant-vegan.square.site/

• Upvote 1